What are your top 5 sporting events in the world?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:29 pm

I am not sure if you can class the Premiership or Champions League an event because it takes place over 9 months of the year. But here is my favourite 5 sporting events:

5 - US Masters
4 - Ryder Cup
3 - Tour De France
2 - European Championships
1 - FIFA World Cup

Maybe some people may think I am mad as a hatter for putting the Tour De France in this list but I just love it, I have watched it since a kid and I absolutely love France, spent many nice holidays there and I love the racing.

No event betters the FIFA world cup however. That is just unbelievable, amazing atmosphere, a whole month of fantastic football, I just love it.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:36 pm

1. FIFA World Cup
2. UEFA European Championships
3. The Ryder Cup

Nothing else gets my juices flowing tbh. The recent cricket world cup was a shambles. That used to be good but it 'aint now.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:24 pm

1. Olympics
2. Athletic World Championships
3. Football World Cup
4. FIFA European Championships
5. Commonwealth Games

So that's Athletics and Football for me.

I hate ALL motor sports and anything with horses but can just about tolerate golf.

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:34 pm

The one I hate the most is the rugby world cup. God that is the most boring crap ever. I curse that lad who invented rugby by acting like a prick picking up the ball, I hate rugby so much. I mean look at it - its 'Oh look I have caught a giant peanut and am running with it'. Big deal. The fans all arrive at the ground in Land Rovers, they all wear tweed. What the f*** is all that about. And the song 'Swing Low, Sweet chariot' by UB40 - wtf? What has that got to do with sport? Its like football fans turning up to a football match and singing 'Looking into her big brown eyes'.
The people who really wind me up are the people who wear rugby tops as casual wear. Do they realise what a complete wazzock they look? And then they usually have a pair of Cotton Oxford rugby boots in a bag with them just incase anyone is up for a game of rugby.

Pile of shit.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:21 pm

Mich Caine wrote:The one I hate the most is the rugby world cup. God that is the most boring crap ever. I curse that lad who invented rugby by acting like a prick picking up the ball, I hate rugby so much. I mean look at it - its 'Oh look I have caught a giant peanut and am running with it'. Big deal. The fans all arrive at the ground in Land Rovers, they all wear tweed. What the f*** is all that about. And the song 'Swing Low, Sweet chariot' by UB40 - wtf? What has that got to do with sport? Its like football fans turning up to a football match and singing 'Looking into her big brown eyes'.
The people who really wind me up are the people who wear rugby tops as casual wear. Do they realise what a complete wazzock they look? And then they usually have a pair of Cotton Oxford rugby boots in a bag with them just incase anyone is up for a game of rugby.

Pile of shit.
dont these JCL football fans like you sing songs to "go west" by the village people ?

and wasnt rugby's rulebook drawn up about 17 years before soccer's ?
Last edited by a1 on Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:30 pm

..and swing low sweet chariot being written in 1860's by Wallis Willis, isn't actually by UB40, infact Clapton sang it well before them. Rugby World Cup cannot be there as the scope of nations playing isn't big enough to make it a major major sporting event, and I used to be an egg chaser!

My 5....

Wimbledon
The Open
World Cup - Football
Ashes
Tour De France
Professionalism, the last refuge of the talentless

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:39 pm

a1 wrote:
Mich Caine wrote:The one I hate the most is the rugby world cup. God that is the most boring crap ever. I curse that lad who invented rugby by acting like a prick picking up the ball, I hate rugby so much. I mean look at it - its 'Oh look I have caught a giant peanut and am running with it'. Big deal. The fans all arrive at the ground in Land Rovers, they all wear tweed. What the f*** is all that about. And the song 'Swing Low, Sweet chariot' by UB40 - wtf? What has that got to do with sport? Its like football fans turning up to a football match and singing 'Looking into her big brown eyes'.

Pile of shit.
dont these JCL football fans like you sing songs to "go west" by the village people ?

and wasnt rugby's rulebook drawn up about 17 years before soccer's ?
Sorry but what are you basing that off?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:46 pm

Daxter wrote:
what ?

"1-0 to the arsenal" repeated a lot , is the tune to go west by the village people , that is cornball , way cornballer (or shitter) than "swing low sweet chariot"..

the rules thing is sumert to do with southern colleges about 150 years back the 'handling code' games got their rulebook sorted out first before the "foot"ball games did theirs.. i have no proof the same as him having no proof that somebody picked up a round ball being used in a soccer game and invented rugby from it , it couldve bin t'other road round ..

being a smug nice person about football being the best is gimpy .. way gimpyer than oxford cambridge southern types wanting to watch / play rugby union , i dont know about you but i'm guessing that he dont live near anywhere near bolton .. coz i've never seen dudes carry rugby boots on the off chance of a game , i have seen people do this with footballs and four jumpers tied round their waists. just incase..

calling rugby boring , but then saying golf is good makes me think of all the stick golf gets for being boring and makes me think his 'argument' is hypocritical cut and paste bollocks

who the feck gives a shit what sport other people like ? if they like it . it aint hurting nobody .. heard it all before on here ...

pfffttttttttt

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:02 am

a1 wrote:
Daxter wrote:
what ?

"1-0 to the arsenal" repeated a lot , is the tune to go west by the village people , that is cornball , way cornballer (or shitter) than "swing low sweet chariot"..

the rules thing is sumert to do with southern colleges about 150 years back the 'handling code' games got their rulebook sorted out first before the "foot"ball games did theirs.. i have no proof the same as him having no proof that somebody picked up a round ball being used in a soccer game and invented rugby from it , it couldve bin t'other road round ..

being a smug tw*t about football being the best is gimpy .. way gimpyer than oxford cambridge southern types wanting to watch / play rugby union , i dont know about you but i'm guessing that he dont live near anywhere near bolton .. coz i've never seen dudes carry rugby boots on the off chance of a game , i have seen people do this with footballs and four jumpers tied round their waists. just incase..

calling rugby boring , but then saying golf is good makes me think of all the stick golf gets for being boring and makes me think his 'argument' is hypocritical cut and paste bollocks

who the feck gives a shit what sport other people like ? if they like it . it aint hurting nobody .. heard it all before on here ...

pfffttttttttt
lmfao. I have just reeled you in and put you in my keep net.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:04 am

Mich Caine wrote: lmfao. I have just reeled you in and put you in my keep net.
you right soft bastard ....

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:20 am

a1 wrote:
Mich Caine wrote: lmfao. I have just reeled you in and put you in my keep net.
you right soft bastard ....
:lol:
Businesswoman of the year.

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:27 am

CrazyHorse wrote: :lol:

:wink:

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:30 am

Is Mich short for Michelle?

Cos yon poster truly is a big girl

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Jun 09, 2007 1:05 am

1. The Ashes
2. Any Test Series
3. Any ODI Series
4. Sunderland AFC Games
5. Er, struggling here...erm, wanking?
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Re: What are your top 5 sporting events in the world?

Post by fatshaft » Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:44 am

Mich Caine wrote:I am not sure if you can class the Premiership or Champions League an event because it takes place over 9 months of the year. But here is my favourite 5 sporting events:

5 - US Masters
4 - Ryder Cup
3 - Tour De France
1 - FIFA World Cup

Maybe some people may think I am mad as a hatter for putting the Tour De France in this list but I just love it, I have watched it since a kid and I absolutely love France, spent many nice holidays there and I love the racing.

No event betters the FIFA world cup however. That is just unbelievable, amazing atmosphere, a whole month of fantastic football, I just love it.

Astonishing collection Mich, I think my top 5 also, but differetn order. Also The Open has to try to squeeze something out.
2 - US Masters
3 - Ryder Cup
5 - Tour De France
4 - European Championships
1 - FIFA World Cup

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:53 am

CAPSLOCK wrote:Is Mich short for Michelle?

Get yourself down learndirect and learn how to use full stops.

Mich Caine

Re: What are your top 5 sporting events in the world?

Post by Mich Caine » Sat Jun 09, 2007 7:59 am

fatshaft wrote:
Mich Caine wrote:I am not sure if you can class the Premiership or Champions League an event because it takes place over 9 months of the year. But here is my favourite 5 sporting events:

5 - US Masters
4 - Ryder Cup
3 - Tour De France
1 - FIFA World Cup

Astonishing collection Mich, I think my top 5 also, but differetn order. Also The Open has to try to squeeze something out.
2 - US Masters
3 - Ryder Cup
5 - Tour De France
4 - European Championships
1 - FIFA World Cup
You know your stuff fatshaft!
The problem with The Open is that it lacks the atmosphere of the US Masters - like Augusta is such an amazing place and watching it on a thursday and friday night is awesome, whereas The Open doesn't really have that feeling.

A1 - Soft bastard :lol: You wouldn't dare say that to my face.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:38 am

Mich Caine wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:Is Mich short for Michelle?

Get yourself down learndirect and learn how to use full stops.
I'll take that as a yes

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:53 am

1. Ryder Cup
2. The Ashes
3. The Football World Cup
4. European Football Championships
5. UEFA Champions League.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal