Concert for Diana

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Batman

Concert for Diana

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:49 pm

The deification of this completely unexceptional woman and the fawning of the general public over the "people's princess" shames us all. why the f**k any station would televise this embarrassing event is beyond me.

Mich Caine

Re: Concert for Diana

Post by Mich Caine » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:09 pm

Batman wrote:The deification of this completely unexceptional woman and the fawning of the general public over the "people's princess" shames us all. why the f**k any station would televise this embarrassing event is beyond me.
It looks like a poor man's Royal Variety Show. I hurt my arm running to the tv to turn this off, a very nasty bruise has come up.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:22 pm

Batman wrote:The deification of this completely unexceptional woman and the fawning of the general public over the "people's princess" shames us all. why the f**k any station would televise this embarrassing event is beyond me.
I agree that her name hasn't been able to simply rest in peace, or the fact that the FOREVER ongoing investigation into what is clearly a tragic accident will not go away, and yes, I am fully aware that she was less then perfect on the marital front (who fxcking won't be!)

Yet I refuse to believe her efforts in using her influence and standing to better situations were anything other them sincere. She had a big heart did Diana (only the Queen to go and I've met and spoke with the lot), and wanted so much to change what continues to wound our planet and people. She was a refreshing breath of fresh air from those insistant on destroying it.

Right, wrong, cheat or saviour. Britain lost a bright spark it has never been able to replace in that woman.

FFS, let her rest!
Last edited by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army on Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:24 pm

I'll forgive you the flesh air bit :)

She was a master media manipulator who would stop at nowt to get her face in the papers.

"Ooh look at me, I'm shaking hands with someone with AIDS, aren't I special"

err no, yer not

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:32 pm

Batman wrote:I'll forgive you the flesh air bit :)

She was a master media manipulator who would stop at nowt to get her face in the papers.

err no, yer not
Aye, maybe. Yet she did more for her beliefs and 'out of uniform' concerns then anyone. If you want to bitch at someone who can't keep his face and quotes out of the media, there is a couple of threads on Allardyce in the Trotter forum.

This woman was far from perfect, but she was far from ignorant too!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Mich Caine

Post by Mich Caine » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:39 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
Batman wrote:I'll forgive you the flesh air bit :)

err no, yer not
Aye, maybe. Yet she did more for her beliefs and 'out of uniform' concerns then anyone. If you want to bitch at someone who can't keep his face and quotes out of the media, there is a couple of threads on Allardyce in the Trotter forum.

This woman was far from perfect, but she was far from ignorant too!
She had nice legs didn't she?

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:39 pm

She was a looker, but not much between the ears.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:58 pm

Mich Caine wrote:
It looks like a poor man's Royal Variety Show. I hurt my arm running to the tv to turn this off, a very nasty bruise has come up.

did you have your pants down round your ankles when Joss Stone came on?

:whack:
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:12 pm

Batman wrote:She was a looker, but not much between the ears.
apart from a big nose

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:51 pm

and most likely the cock of Will Carling - between the ears that is

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:52 pm

More to the point, why do the BBC feel that they can piss away public money covering this day-long grovel-a-thon?
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:55 pm

trotter58 wrote:
More to the point, why do the BBC feel that they can piss away public money covering this day-long grovel-a-thon?
The Daily Express have offered to pay the licence fees of all viewers as a reward for their loyalty to the crown.

trotter58
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by trotter58 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:56 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Yet she did more for her beliefs and 'out of uniform' concerns then anyone.
Anyone in the Royal family maybe, but there are plenty of 'ordinary' people out there who do their bit without playing the martyr.
'No issues with Warnock, he's got a fine record, experience and has been there and done it. Unlike LSL' © Fathead 18/08/07

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:41 pm

Batman wrote: deification.
Can I just nominate Batty for word of the year, here? Although I'm not sure as to whether it's a noun or an adjective. :? Monty? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:45 pm

A noun, without doubt.
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:59 pm

Zulus Thousand of em wrote:A noun, without doubt.
With all due respect, Zulu, I'll await the judgement of McGill's finest. :wink:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Jul 01, 2007 10:59 pm

I thought it was quite apt that Nelly Furtado sang Maneater.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

cowdrill
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by cowdrill » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:10 pm

it wouldve been more apt if Sir Elton had sang it
Mich Caine wrote: Lets not joke about this. I make Mr T look like Walter from The Beano.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:11 pm

Also why the feck do the likes of Reg Dwight and that Joss Stone speak in a Devon/Deep South USA accent?????????????????

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:16 pm

Where was Bryan Adams? He liked Diana didn't he? Got something better to do I suppose.
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"