Oscar Pistorius

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Oscar Pistorius

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm

Aye, aye. Now it appears that the prosecution are to appeal both the conviction and the sentence. That should have him turning on the waterworks again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29786011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:31 pm

I hope they remembered what they did with the bucket. It would be a shame to have to buy a new one, given how attached he'd become to the old one. I think he could counter claim for PTSD, if they have to replace the bucket.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Aye, aye. Now it appears that the prosecution are to appeal both the conviction and the sentence. That should have him turning on the waterworks again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29786011" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good. It was a bloody strange conclusion from a woman more concerned to be seen 'doing it properly' that getting it right.

They reckon he's broke now, so his defence team may be less expensively assembled. (ha .... & then again, maybe not).
Last edited by bobo the clown on Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:20 pm

a lad in the uk (15yrs old?) got 9yrs in the pokey today for accidentally shooting his g/f with an antique pistol...

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:16 pm

thebish wrote:a lad in the uk (15yrs old?) got 9yrs in the pokey today for accidentally shooting his g/f with an antique pistol...
Did he have a licence, at 15 I doubt it? Should it have been rendered unable to fire, probably! Was it stolen? What are you failing to tell us about this?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:36 pm

Hoboh wrote:
thebish wrote:a lad in the uk (15yrs old?) got 9yrs in the pokey today for accidentally shooting his g/f with an antique pistol...
Did he have a licence, at 15 I doubt it? Should it have been rendered unable to fire, probably! Was it stolen? What are you failing to tell us about this?
I found this via Google: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest- ... girlfriend" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:37 pm

also.. today - news about a south african sportsman (football captain) killed by an intruder at his g/fs house... I suspect the Pistorius team has taken note and might mention that it is a very real fear at the appeal...

I heard Mark feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh interviewed about this today...

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:59 pm

that was a real intruder though

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:31 am

jaffka wrote:that was a real intruder though
Yes rather than a scared girlfriend who was hiding in your bathroom.
I'm glad they are appealing, that judge was not up to it. Appalling verdict.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:49 am

Hoboh wrote:
So its ok, so long as the firearm is legally owned?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Met a solicitor at a party not so long ago (She was actually a lovely person.........). She'd just returned from South Africa where she'd lived in a gated community. Every time they returned, an armed guard accompanied them and checked out the house before they went in. Their closest friends had been burgled, during which the intruders raped both the husband and the wife. They considered themselves lucky to be alive after the experience. The statistics on murder in SA are astonishing, so whilst I feel the sentence to be unjust, I can understand Pistorius' defence that he was frightened.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Met a solicitor at a party not so long ago (She was actually a lovely person.........). She'd just returned from South Africa where she'd lived in a gated community. Every time they returned, an armed guard accompanied them and checked out the house before they went in. Their closest friends had been burgled, during which the intruders raped both the husband and the wife. They considered themselves lucky to be alive after the experience. The statistics on murder in SA are astonishing, so whilst I feel the sentence to be unjust, I can understand Pistorius' defence that he was frightened.
... & you were doing so well until that last phrase.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:35 am

Appeal by the Prosecution's case sounds good, especially in regard to dolus eventualis. [Intent in the form of dolus eventualis or legal intention, which is present when the perpetrator objectively foresees the possibility of his act causing death and persists regardless of the consequences, suffices to find someone guilty of murder.]
I'd be surprised if they don't find him guilty this time around...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:50 am

Supposed to give a definitive judgement today. Lead judge has just said they won't. Looks like one of the five is dithering...
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:39 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Supposed to give a definitive judgement today. Lead judge has just said they won't. Looks like one of the five is dithering...
South African legal experts say there decisions take several weeks normally. Don't think a decision was ever expected quickly.

His goose does look well and truly cooked though. Even his lead Lawyer has apparently been overheard saying as much.....

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:05 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:Supposed to give a definitive judgement today. Lead judge has just said they won't. Looks like one of the five is dithering...
South African legal experts say there decisions take several weeks normally. Don't think a decision was ever expected quickly.

His goose does look well and truly cooked though. Even his lead Lawyer has apparently been overheard saying as much.....
They'd announced beforehand that they were to give a verdict today. And as they rose the lead judge said something like "although we said we'd give a decision today we won't be..."
I was listening in at full volume as the broadcast was closing and the banter between Prosecutor and Defender as they milled about waiting for the bench to clear was easily discernible... trouble is I don't speak Afrikaans.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:10 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: South African legal experts
No such a person exists!
May the bridges I burn light your way

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:03 am

Well .... the appeal by the state has won and the finding changed to murder.

From what we saw at the time surely correct. Now the judge who mysteriously found that it was manslaughter has to resentenced him with a minimum of, iirc, 12 years (*15 apparently ... ta) actually y'know, in jail.

Not sure he'll cope with that & already "fears for his safety" are being expressed. Maybe he shouldn't have shot his girlfriend then.
Last edited by bobo the clown on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:05 am

^15 years bobo. But she can use discretion to reduce if there are extenuating circumstances. Which there will be. And no doubt she will give him 2 weeks!

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:05 am

Dump him in the jungle minus his legs would be a good start!