The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:18 pm

FIFA 11 won't have "Ultimate Team" from launch AGAIN this year, but no questions about DLC are being answered just yet either.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:43 pm

umming and ahhing whether to pick up Mafia 2? might have a look what i can trade in for it?

cant wait for Fable 3 though, http://videos.apnicommunity.com/Video,I ... 72044.html

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:50 pm

FD (or anyone else) sorry if I've missed an earlier post, but I'm wondering whether Halo Reach will be worth a purchase. Not a massive fan of Halo games but haven't bought anything new for the 360 for ages and wondered if it was worth a go seeing as it is being talked up massively in some circles.

Anyone who has played it, lemme know...

Cheers.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:51 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:FD (or anyone else) sorry if I've missed an earlier post, but I'm wondering whether Halo Reach will be worth a purchase. Not a massive fan of Halo games but haven't bought anything new for the 360 for ages and wondered if it was worth a go seeing as it is being talked up massively in some circles.

Cheers.
A pal of mine works in the industry and sent me a text last night, which read "Hope you've kept your Xbox; Halo Reach is the best of the entire series!"

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:53 pm

East Lower wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:FD (or anyone else) sorry if I've missed an earlier post, but I'm wondering whether Halo Reach will be worth a purchase. Not a massive fan of Halo games but haven't bought anything new for the 360 for ages and wondered if it was worth a go seeing as it is being talked up massively in some circles.

Cheers.
A pal of mine works in the industry and sent me a text last night, which read "Hope you've kept your Xbox; Halo Reach is the best of the entire series!"
That's something then, because they're all feckin' superb!!
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Mass Effect 2 and Metro 2033 on the way from the play.com sale

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Sat Sep 11, 2010 1:04 am

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Mass Effect 2 and Metro 2033 on the way from the play.com sale

Really enjoyed Metro 2033 well worth a purchase .. Played it through twice i enjoyed it so much! haha.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:58 am

Anyone bothering with Halo Reach? ive never played any of them, not really into the more sci-fi titles, although i did enjoy Deadspace. would it be ok to jump in with Reach or pick up an older version?

Fable3 not out till the end of October, then Black Ops is only a week or so later! selfish pigs. I like them first few weeks of a new COD when everyone is on a similar level, but this year ill still be mooching round Albion when it comes out, and i dont wanna rush that through. maybe save Fable for christmas time prolonged gaming sessions!

need summat to trade Mafia2 in for while its still worth summat!

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:03 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Anyone bothering with Halo Reach? ive never played any of them, not really into the more sci-fi titles, although i did enjoy Deadspace. would it be ok to jump in with Reach or pick up an older version?

Fable3 not out till the end of October, then Black Ops is only a week or so later! selfish pigs. I like them first few weeks of a new COD when everyone is on a similar level, but this year ill still be mooching round Albion when it comes out, and i dont wanna rush that through. maybe save Fable for christmas time prolonged gaming sessions!

Hoping to buy Halo Reach later and I'll let you know.

I can't say I'm a "big" Halo fan or anything. Played Halo 3 and thats it.

Reach is meant to be very very good although apparently it suffers framerate issues which is surprising.

End of the day it will tide me over until the real Christmas releases start.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:54 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Anyone bothering with Halo Reach? ive never played any of them, not really into the more sci-fi titles, although i did enjoy Deadspace. would it be ok to jump in with Reach or pick up an older version?

The mrs wanted to go midnight food shopping so i agreed to go and picked up halo at midnight release from tesco :D only £28 (when bought with 2100 microsoft points) I only played the first level because it was gettin late but already enjoying it .. As said it does suffer from framerate issues .. i just purchased an LED tv and though it was down to my settings but thankfully its not the tv. Its noticeable but doesnt effect the game so much to stop you playing and enjoying the game. Most Halo games have been pick up and play really even if you haven't played previous titles .. just dive in and get it.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:18 pm

ChrisC wrote:

The mrs wanted to go midnight food shopping so i agreed to go and picked up halo at midnight release from tesco :D only £28 (when bought with 2100 microsoft points) I only played the first level because it was gettin late but already enjoying it .. As said it does suffer from framerate issues .. i just purchased an LED tv and though it was down to my settings but thankfully its not the tv. Its noticeable but doesnt effect the game so much to stop you playing and enjoying the game. Most Halo games have been pick up and play really even if you haven't played previous titles .. just dive in and get it.
If I can be bothered to get it later I'll have a go. Personally I think framerate issues on a console game that isn't the most "graphically advanced" in comparison to a few others are fairly unforgiveable though of course there is a big difference between one or two moments throughout the entire game that "chug" and reduced FPS everytime something vaguely exciting happens.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:50 am

no input from FD in a while?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:00 am

Well I bought Reach last night finally.

Had a bit of a go.

Its good. Very good. Personally still find parts frustrating but then I guess the parts that frustrate me are the ones that exist as part of halo games anyways. (Piling hundreds of bullets into enemies before they die is tedious, the grunts are just funny in what is meant to be a serious game etc)

The game has a better feel to it than previous games and looks far prettier.

If you like running shooting, jumping, evading, shooting, running and then a bit more shooting then you'll love it. Its probably about as good a Halo game as they can do, without changing the overall mechanics of the game drastically.

I still prefer COD's gameplay overall.

ebby
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by ebby » Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:07 pm

I pciked up the Tesco deal for Halo: Reach. It's a decent game and i'm enjoying the game play but i don't really understand what's happening...the story seems a bit lost on me

multiplayer is good fun too

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:08 pm

Very disappointed with the FIFA11 demo, it's no improvement on an average FIFA2010. Pro Evo however is a vast improvement on Pro 2010 (whilst still not perfect) - it just 'feels' like you're playing football rather than some arcadey bollocks.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:07 am

After buying my first game in ages, just wondering what people would recommend.

Doesn't have to be a brand spanking new game, although I am thinking of F1.

Anybody played it?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:15 am

keveh wrote:After buying my first game in ages, just wondering what people would recommend.

Doesn't have to be a brand spanking new game, although I am thinking of F1.

Anybody played it?
HRG is playing F1 i noticed the other day?

not for me tho, id like and hour or two on it but then id be done.

Personally if i were you id hold out a few days and wait for Fable 3! Fable 2 was my favourite game of all time!

Also the new Assassins Creed & Call of Duty's are imminent.

The other game ive enjoyed the most this year is Red Dead Redemption! absoulte class. probably available pre-owned fairly cheap nowadays.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:25 pm

Do yourselves a favour and avoid FIFA11, it's awful.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:40 pm

bit harsh. been enjoying it myself. didnt bother with 10.

TKIZ!
Legend
Legend

Post by TKIZ! » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:55 pm

East Lower wrote:Very disappointed with the FIFA11 demo, it's no improvement on an average FIFA2010. Pro Evo however is a vast improvement on Pro 2010 (whilst still not perfect) - it just 'feels' like you're playing football rather than some arcadey bollocks.
I'm normally a Pro Evo player have been since the PS1 days. But this time round I opted for Fifa on the Xbox and if I'm honest I should have gone with Pro Evo. Fifa is bloody hard
Pfffft.