The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 8:22 pm

F1 2010 is easily the best F1 game since F197 on the old PS1. Excellent graphics and physics, engaging and challenging career mode, and a real sense of accomplishment whatever difficulty you're on.
FIFA 11 is, I think, a good game. Improved on what was a very good FIFA 10 game by making it more defensively orientated, and making it harder to keep the ball. Played the Pro Evo demo and was disappointed with the arcade-style controls - which has always been its downfall.

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:38 pm

truewhite15 wrote:F1 2010 is easily the best F1 game since F197 on the old PS1. Excellent graphics and physics, engaging and challenging career mode, and a real sense of accomplishment whatever difficulty you're on.
FIFA 11 is, I think, a good game. Improved on what was a very good FIFA 10 game by making it more defensively orientated, and making it harder to keep the ball. Played the Pro Evo demo and was disappointed with the arcade-style controls - which has always been its downfall.
Does the career mode last more than three years? That was one disappointment about F1 2009. Everything else was brilliant. Best game on the Wii. Ever.
www.mini-medallists.co.uk
RobbieSavagesLeg wrote:I'd rather support Bolton than be you

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:13 pm

TKIZ! wrote:
East Lower wrote:Very disappointed with the FIFA11 demo, it's no improvement on an average FIFA2010. Pro Evo however is a vast improvement on Pro 2010 (whilst still not perfect) - it just 'feels' like you're playing football rather than some arcadey bollocks.
I'm normally a Pro Evo player have been since the PS1 days. But this time round I opted for Fifa on the Xbox and if I'm honest I should have gone with Pro Evo. Fifa is bloody hard
The worst reason for Pro Evo being better than Fifa I ever read. Hard!?!?!?

Loving f1 at the mo, that's hard. But that's a good thing, remember :mrgreen:

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Post by truewhite15 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:39 pm

KeeeeeeeBaaaaaaab wrote:
truewhite15 wrote:F1 2010 is easily the best F1 game since F197 on the old PS1. Excellent graphics and physics, engaging and challenging career mode, and a real sense of accomplishment whatever difficulty you're on.
Does the career mode last more than three years? That was one disappointment about F1 2009. Everything else was brilliant. Best game on the Wii. Ever.
Pretty much everything is customisable. You have a choice of a three, five or seven year career, and your choice of difficulty impacts on the teams available to you at the start. The interviews are a bit...shaky. But other than that, it's an excellent game. I particularly love the ability to change any aspect of the driver aids, AI difficulty etc...

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:47 am

Need some advice - got a £25 voucher for GAME from work, and need to know what to spend it on. Was fancying Dead Rising 2

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:52 am

Keep hold a week and put towards fable!

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 pm

Or Fallout: New Vegas. Loved Fallout 3 and the new one doesn't disappoint either.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:22 pm

mate at work had been giddy all last week about the new fallout, monday morning he said it was sh!te.

didnt like fallout 3 myslef anyway. far too involved.

bobby5
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bobby5 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:00 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Keep hold a week and put towards fable!
"Don't like modern bands. Topman music, innit?"

HMX
Passionate
Passionate

Post by HMX » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:12 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:mate at work had been giddy all last week about the new fallout, monday morning he said it was sh!te.

didnt like fallout 3 myslef anyway. far too involved.
That's fair enough, I can understand why.

I'll probably pick the new Fable up sometime in the next month, but it's always lacked something. Not surprising considering the amount of hyperbolic **** that comes out of Molyneux's mouth.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Fables out Friday, cant wait! F2 is still my favourite 360 game.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:10 pm

Superb, very excited. But I need to get into it quick before the General turns up and harrasses my quiet, friendly village

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:33 pm

I got a few games from Play this week that I'm waiting to come through.

Blur, just because my mate has it an enjoys it. Get a bit of multiplayer going.
Assassins Creed 2 because I've heard it's really good.
Ghostbusters because of nostalgia reasons :)

Was only just over £35. Play have a 2 for £25 offer on some decent games at the moment that might be worth checking out.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:52 pm

Blur's brilliant. I loved it, really addictive. Everything is built around achievements and you get them for everything - career and multiplayer and it just asks you to keep playing. Great fun.

Ghostbusters didn't last long with me, in truth but I'll let you discover your way round it.

AC2 is a belter. Massive improvement on first one. Feels much more open ended (still isn't, but meh) and there's more to it. First one was quite repetitive, this one's more varied and fun.

Enjoy, I'm still throwing my pad across the room at F1

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:02 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Blur's brilliant. I loved it, really addictive. Everything is built around achievements and you get them for everything - career and multiplayer and it just asks you to keep playing. Great fun.
Yeah it does look really fun. One of my favourite games ever is Burnout Revenge (I've actually got back in to and trying to perfect everything) because it's just so easy to pick up. The videos I saw of Blur reminded me of Burnout so definitely had to give it a go.

I have a feeling that Ghostbusters is going to suck, but I've seen people say that the dialogue is brilliant in it as Aykroyd helped them out.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:33 am

keveh wrote:I got a few games from Play this week that I'm waiting to come through.

Blur, just because my mate has it an enjoys it. Get a bit of multiplayer going.
Assassins Creed 2 because I've heard it's really good.
Ghostbusters because of nostalgia reasons :)

Was only just over £35. Play have a 2 for £25 offer on some decent games at the moment that might be worth checking out.
I find all the Assassins Creed games to be really repetetive and pretty boring, 2 was no different.

Enjoying Dead Rising 2, but it's still a game to pick up and play for 20 mins, then put something else on

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:02 pm

Fable 3 just arrived courtesy of Amazon a day earlier than expected. Thats my afternoon sorted!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:27 pm

clapton is god wrote:Fable 3 just arrived courtesy of Amazon a day earlier than expected. Thats my afternoon sorted!
BASTARD

im having a day off tomorrow!

clapton is god
Passionate
Passionate

Post by clapton is god » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:29 pm

:D

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:16 pm

Downloaded the Red Dead Redemption zombie add-on pack last night - absolutely brilliant and a great new angle on an already superb game. Highly recommended. I think it's about 800 MS Points, or £7 from the Playstation Store.