The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:58 pm

Pressing select/back lets you control the goalie while the AI controls your team. The default level for the AI becomes legendary. The goalkeepers are almost impossible to beat when they are user controlled too :doh:

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:05 pm

EA respond to the GK exploit!
Hi all,

Just to answer the comment above - we will be analysing all the feedback, as well as telemetry data, once the game ships everywhere and we can get a much better view of how the feature is actually behaving. Right now of course a lot of the feedback here is coming too soon, either from people who haven't played online yet, or haven't played enough. We need to give it a bit more space before coming back to you on it. But thanks for the feedback so far!

This, by the way, is what we're NOT after (although there's nothing wrong with the comment of course - it just doesn't help):
Apparently 50 pages of complaints on their forums a day before the UK release date isn't enough.

Need more feedback! :lol:

:doh:

Online game modes are just utterly utterly shite at the minute unless you're lucky enough to play someone not using the exploit. :thumbdown:

Tried playing Pro Clubs, big mistake there! 5 at the back, 2 CDMs whilst the AI faultless owns your VP! If you do happen to get near the goal, don't worry, the guy in goal saves everything anyway! :)

Such a bore playing against these people.

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:48 am

PES- from the two demos- is again on the edge of making a halfway decent game but then just falls short with the simple things and that'll be the reason I won't buy it. Might give it a chance on a rental.

If they just paid attention to a few simple in-game things like player contact and impact, goalkeeping being in the slightest realistic, shooting having the feeling of any control whatsoever rather than some fat bloke toe bunging it(still with a PS1-esque sound effect ffs), then in my opinion it could probably stake its claim at the top of the mountain again within a good year or two.

Unfortunetly they keep avoiding the issue to add silly things like the ability to dive or some stupid replay screen which is meant to make the game seem more realistic but just gives me some crippling dizzy headache.

Problem is FIFA is getting sloppy too. FIFA had been steadily improving whilst PES put out two of the worst games I've ever played in 08 and 09 (after PES6 which was quality). FIFA08 and 09 nailed PES and pretty much cemented its status from there but because of it the last two FIFA's have pretty much been the same, perhaps a more polished version each time and it looks as if this will be another. Suppose you can't blame EA, why change a winning formula, but there are definitely aspects of the Pro series that FIFA should look to draw upon. If Konami can get their shit together (four games on the trot now says they can't) then they've definitely got a potentially superior gameplay engine.
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:44 am

PES 2012 has bugs too LL, or do they not count, cos they are in PES?
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:20 am

Has Pro been released yet? :doh:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Had a go on that there FIFA today, agree with the reviews that the changes to the defensive system are the biggest step forwards the game has made for years.

Completely changes the pace of the game, ebb and flow and IMO makes it more like actual football. The moves you can put together are more elaborate and the pain when they break down greater.

Be interesting to see what the new PES is like. Given the reviews FIFA has received it's going to be hard for it to beat FIFAs dominance in the sales!

jimbo_bwfc
Reliable
Reliable

Post by jimbo_bwfc » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:28 pm

Totally agree. Didn't get it on the demo at all, love it on the game now I've had a good few matches.

You get a real feeling of achievement(well, as much as a video game can give you! ha) when you breakdown a move or set up a move. Attacking and defending are equally important. Not only has it given defending an extra edge but it's also given the attacking side a major boost. You can really use quick wingers with a bit of skill now to cause serious problems...maybe a little too much, I've got Matt Jarvis playing like Messi dancing round players but it definitely adds a more realistic game simulation where you actually have to be alert and think moves through. On FIFA's of old you could probably drop off and daydream for 30secs-1minute and just spam press run and tackle and you'd be in no danger. Now it's a more intelligent game.

The game is far far harder too. Took me eight matches on legendary difficulty for me to get a win (not including a 0-0 penalty shootout victory)

Only negative I'm having is the EA servers crashing and ruining my unbeaten Ultimate Team record :(
http://www.twitter.com/jderbyshirebwfc

"Like putting a tiara on a shirehorse"

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:50 am

Yeah, that's what I though - Matt Jarvis dominating the world gave me an intense feeling of footballing realism too :lol:

It's a fine game, but still flawed.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:30 am

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Yeah, that's what I though - Matt Jarvis dominating the world gave me an intense feeling of footballing realism too :lol:

It's a fine game, but still flawed.
It's slight overplay of the tricky winger bombing at full backs would have Owen Coyle drooling!

And would be very realistic when it comes to Robinson!

It's flawed, but still in terms of simming a game of footie it's the closest thing there has been yet!

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Oct 01, 2011 5:42 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Has Pro been released yet? :doh:
Sorry, what relevance does that have?
http://www.godisageek.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | A Videogame Site With A Difference
http://www.twitter.com/jebusf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; | Twitter

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:18 pm

Plenty. I've played FIFA and was talking about a bug that I had found. How can I comment on Pro and any potential bugs when it hasn't been released?

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:22 pm

Surprised you gave Fifa time of day all your wittering about how shit it is

Serious question, which shop has the best deal to buy it?

Choppers
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Choppers » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:31 pm

Lofthouse Lower wrote:Plenty. I've played FIFA and was talking about a bug that I had found. How can I comment on Pro and any potential bugs when it hasn't been released?
Right, but I am playing PES and am talking about bugs I have found.

I was merely trying to point out that you're constant posting about how shite FIFA is, and laughing at their ineptitude at fixing said shiteness, might be ill-placed without having played its competitor.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Sat Oct 01, 2011 10:11 pm

I can only speak about that which I have experience - no doubt Pro is buggy too and then we'll all be happy

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:31 am

Anyway, just finished Gears.
Hardcore; piece of piss. Seriously, it didn't challenge me at all and I'm like the worst shooter player in the world. Bit disappointed to be honest.
Businesswoman of the year.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:14 pm

Cracking on with getting to grips with Fifa12. The changes, I'm sure, were designed simply to stop me scoring :mrgreen: Everything I did well on the game - crossing, getting down the wings, gets dicked on here.

And I was a terrible defender on it before. This is gonna be hard

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:28 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Cracking on with getting to grips with Fifa12. The changes, I'm sure, were designed simply to stop me scoring :mrgreen: Everything I did well on the game - crossing, getting down the wings, gets dicked on here.

And I was a terrible defender on it before. This is gonna be hard
Play it like you would a proper game of football, more of a tactical mindset required!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:01 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Anyway, just finished Gears.
Hardcore; piece of piss. Seriously, it didn't challenge me at all and I'm like the worst shooter player in the world. Bit disappointed to be honest.
you selling it?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Nah, doing it in Hardcore has unlocked Insane so I'll replay it (probably in co-op this time) in a week or two. See if that's any more of a challenge.

I think the fact that I'm so shite at shooters is what makes the game so easy, if you see what I mean. While I'm pissing about spraying bullets all over the shop trying with minimal success to actually aim at the Locust with my ham-fisted accuracy, the AI team mates have rushed in and cleared half the level on my behalf.
Businesswoman of the year.

Lofthouse Lower
Legend
Legend

Post by Lofthouse Lower » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:59 pm

FIFA is growing on me, but it'll never fully impress me til they get rid of feckin defenders feckin running AWAY from the bastard ball as the feckin striker approaches.

So so so basic and so so annoying