The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

truewhite15
Passionate
Passionate

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by truewhite15 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Usually, yes.

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:14 pm

Was gonna start another thread but thought I'd bump this...

Got around to playing Limbo t'other day (on PC, but available on other platforms afaik). An absolutely amazing experience. It's just beautiful, haunting, heartbreaking...an absolute pleasure. A real film noir/German expressionism sentiment (*WtW klaxon*). I played it for a couple of hours on the train yesterday and I can't stop thinking about it.

By its premise it's a very simple 2d platform puzzle game. Very easy to control though the puzzles do become more difficult. But the world your sent into is magical. But yes, anyone who can download it should. It's amazing. It's also art, imho.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 pm

I agree with that but friggin nora... have you heard princess Diana was killed in a car crash?

Gail Platz
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Gail Platz » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:12 am

Never understood the fascination with Tomb Raider, the gameplay is terrible. I'm certain the only reason it gets good ratings is so nerds can crack one out over Lara Croft because it can't be down to actual gameplay that makes the games good. It's slower than controlling Kevin Davies on FIFA!

Passionate
Passionate

Post by 2399 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:34 am

I'd bump the Wii Thread but might get in trouble!

I got Ex-Rental a copy of New Super Mario Bros. Wii!!!!!!!!
thebish wrote:Matty T seems to have lost some weight but gained no pace...
Upto page 23 of the Joke Thread! viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4434&start=440" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:08 am

General Mannerheim wrote:I agree with that but friggin nora... have you heard princess Diana was killed in a car crash?
But you agree! :D

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:09 am

Gail Platz wrote:Never understood the fascination with Tomb Raider, the gameplay is terrible. I'm certain the only reason it gets good ratings is so nerds can crack one out over Lara Croft because it can't be down to actual gameplay that makes the games good. It's slower than controlling Kevin Davies on FIFA!
Have you played uncharted at all, GP? Basically like Tomb Raider but with a really good sense of gameplay.

bwfcdan94
Legend
Legend

Post by bwfcdan94 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:21 pm

Gail Platz wrote:Never understood the fascination with Tomb Raider, the gameplay is terrible. I'm certain the only reason it gets good ratings is so nerds can crack one out over Lara Croft because it can't be down to actual gameplay that makes the games good. It's slower than controlling Kevin Davies on FIFA!
are but Kevin davies was actually quite quick on Fifa 2003
The above post is complete bollox/garbage/nonsense, please point this out to me at any and every occasion possible.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:39 pm

whos pre-ordered blops2? should be landing on my mat this time next week!

tbh, had a really off year of gaming, hardly touched it. lookign forward to putting some hours in now the darkness has fallen.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:15 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:whos pre-ordered blops2? should be landing on my mat this time next week!

tbh, had a really off year of gaming, hardly touched it. lookign forward to putting some hours in now the darkness has fallen.

Pre ordered but not use when I will get on it :( got a new house needing a lot of work from too to bottom.

Been playing assassins creed 3 most recently.. Loved every single one of them and this one doesnt disappoint!

Anybody on Xbox feel free to add me on live :) oOo ChrisC oOo

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:45 am

Unreal some of the levels players have reached already! The games been out 2 days, these freaks must seriously play consistently 18hrs a day, and be shithot at it? i thought they had revised the match selection process so you were thrown in a battle with punters of a similar skill level!? Maybe they cant implement this for a week or so until folk find their feet? I played about 5 matches of Domination last night and got absolutely rinsed! Im talking about Black Ops 2 btw.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:04 pm

I'm on Halo 4 instead.

Miles more fun.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:15 pm

Mrs Horse treated me to Halo 4 the other day cos she had an Asda voucher or something. Not started it yet, I wanna finish Saints Row 3 first. Whatcha think BWFCi?
Businesswoman of the year.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:19 pm

you COD doubters are as bad as the ProEvo and Apple bunch.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:22 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Mrs Horse treated me to Halo 4 the other day cos she had an Asda voucher or something. Not started it yet, I wanna finish Saints Row 3 first. Whatcha think BWFCi?
I've only dabbled in the multiplayer so far. Think its good fun. I rarely play single player anymore but will probably do the halo 4 campaign over christmas hols or sommat if the missus will let us.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:30 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:you COD doubters are as bad as the ProEvo and Apple bunch.
Nah each to his own.

I just have found that having come to online multiplayer shooters late in the game and started with COD (and enjoyed it at first) that other games out there are IMO better, more fun, less frustrating and far more varied.

In any COD game, I can run round a map, get shot, die, spawn, get shot, die spawn, get shot, die spawn, finally see an enemy line up my sights, get shot, die spawn, see another enemy, get show die, spawn, finally shoot someone get an assist, die, spawn, finally kill someone, die spawn etc etc.

It feels a) inorganic and b) completely devoid of any thought other than reaction speed and hand eye coordination.

On Battlefield 3, I can set up the same gun to perform entirely differently. I can genuinely be stealthy across a huge battlefield going from cover to cover picking off enemies at close range, or I can set up for longer range engagements and pick off enemies as the run towards objectives. I can jump from a plane switch to my rocket launcher mid air, blow a building up exposing someone inside and then pick them off when I land, I can drive a tank at infantry, or play as a sneaky tank and vehicle destroyer with C4 sneaking up behind them, loading their vehicle up, running off then pulling the trigger and watching them go boom. I can play from mountains to close knit house to house environments and the environment completely changes the way you will need to setup and the way the game plays out.

In theory I could do all that if I wasn't woeful.

But I can hold my own more because I can "outthink" the other players.

Even in Halo 4 there is a lot of variety despite it being essentially an "arena shooter".

COD just feels incredibly dull in comparison, IMO.

Andy Waller
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Andy Waller » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:you COD doubters are as bad as the ProEvo and Apple bunch.
Nah each to his own.

I just have found that having come to online multiplayer shooters late in the game and started with COD (and enjoyed it at first) that other games out there are IMO better, more fun, less frustrating and far more varied.

In any COD game, I can run round a map, get shot, die, spawn, get shot, die spawn, get shot, die spawn, finally see an enemy line up my sights, get shot, die spawn, see another enemy, get show die, spawn, finally shoot someone get an assist, die, spawn, finally kill someone, die spawn etc etc.

It feels a) inorganic and b) completely devoid of any thought other than reaction speed and hand eye coordination.

On Battlefield 3, I can set up the same gun to perform entirely differently. I can genuinely be stealthy across a huge battlefield going from cover to cover picking off enemies at close range, or I can set up for longer range engagements and pick off enemies as the run towards objectives. I can jump from a plane switch to my rocket launcher mid air, blow a building up exposing someone inside and then pick them off when I land, I can drive a tank at infantry, or play as a sneaky tank and vehicle destroyer with C4 sneaking up behind them, loading their vehicle up, running off then pulling the trigger and watching them go boom. I can play from mountains to close knit house to house environments and the environment completely changes the way you will need to setup and the way the game plays out.

Even in Halo 4 there is a lot of variety despite it being essentially an "arena shooter".

I find with BF3, you get more points for doing the actual point on the game mode (eg capturing flags, taking out mcoms) than kills. Wish the graphics were as good as COD though!
What a hero, What a man...... Ooooh, what a bad foul...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm

was only joking

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Andy Waller wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Nah each to his own.

I find with BF3, you get more points for doing the actual point on the game mode (eg capturing flags, taking out mcoms) than kills. Wish the graphics were as good as COD though!
You serious? I thought BF3 had what were widely acknowledged as the most advanced graphics on current consoles?

a1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by a1 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:55 am

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/22/ ... ll-manager" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jesus christ