The Official Xbox 360 Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Official Xbox 360 Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:10 am

There was a woman on the wireless this morning, exasperated that some gaming company has allowed her 13 year old son to run up £4K's worth of debt on her credit card by buying footballers for his Space Invader. None of it her fault - none at all. :roll:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:14 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:There was a woman on the wireless this morning, exasperated that some gaming company has allowed her 13 year old son to run up £4K's worth of debt on her credit card by buying footballers for his Space Invader. None of it her fault - none at all. :roll:
There's a story like this every week, usually a 7 year old buying stuff on an iPad, or some teenager racking up massive phone bills whilst abroad then looking upset in the newspaper, phone in one hand and the bill in the other. Nevermind all the warning texts from the service provider saying 'you're using the internet abroad and that costs a lot'.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:17 am

Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:There was a woman on the wireless this morning, exasperated that some gaming company has allowed her 13 year old son to run up £4K's worth of debt on her credit card by buying footballers for his Space Invader. None of it her fault - none at all. :roll:
There's a story like this every week, usually a 7 year old buying stuff on an iPad, or some teenager racking up massive phone bills whilst abroad then looking upset in the newspaper, phone in one hand and the bill in the other. Nevermind all the warning texts from the service provider saying 'you're using the internet abroad and that costs a lot'.
Indeed. When I'm abroad and have used up my daily data allowance I have to physically request more. I assume that that's fairly common.
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Indeed. When I'm abroad and have used up my daily data allowance I have to physically request more. I assume that that's fairly common.

That's the case for me in the UK, Bruce!
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:27 pm

ChrisC wrote:
PC1978 wrote:Just got In Form Messi in a pack on Fifa14. Nearly jumped through the ceiling!!!
Get it on ebay. You will get £100+ for it.
Sadly, I am addicted to collecting players like my son collects Pokemon (Sad I know!). :oops:

Looked on ebay and there is one on there for £300. Even though he costs 1.8million fifa coins and you can buy 1million fifa coins for £63! :crazy:

Been trying to sell the card on the game but not had any offers yet. Wouldn't mind getting some legends with the coins.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 pm

PC1978 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
PC1978 wrote:Just got In Form Messi in a pack on Fifa14. Nearly jumped through the ceiling!!!
Sadly, I am addicted to collecting players like my son collects Pokemon (Sad I know!). :oops:

Looked on ebay and there is one on there for £300. Even though he costs 1.8million fifa coins and you can buy 1million fifa coins for £63! :crazy:

Been trying to sell the card on the game but not had any offers yet. Wouldn't mind getting some legends with the coins.
I am the same with UT mate :lol: EA know how to get people hooked and spending money haha.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:55 pm

ChrisC wrote:
PC1978 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

I am the same with UT mate :lol: EA know how to get people hooked and spending money haha.
How many players you got?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:04 pm

PC1978 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
PC1978 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

How many players you got?
Not many at the moment mate. Just swapped over from Xbox One to PS4 because most of my mates are on PS4. Starting to build again now.

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:16 pm

Not many at the moment mate. Just swapped over from Xbox One to PS4 because most of my mates are on PS4. Starting to build again now.[/quote]

Does that mean you have xbox players to get rid of??? :wink:

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:22 pm

PC1978 wrote:Not many at the moment mate. Just swapped over from Xbox One to PS4 because most of my mates are on PS4. Starting to build again now.
Does that mean you have xbox players to get rid of??? :wink:[/quote]

I sold most and then sold the coins on ebay. Sorry :(

I only have rubbish left. I think the only gold player I have left is Negredo and about 8k coins. Had some really good players including a few team of the year and legends. Was hard to leave Xbox :lol:

PC1978
Promising
Promising

Post by PC1978 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:24 pm

ChrisC wrote:
PC1978 wrote:Not many at the moment mate. Just swapped over from Xbox One to PS4 because most of my mates are on PS4. Starting to build again now.

I only have rubbish left. I think the only gold player I have left is Negredo and about 8k coins. Had some really good players including a few team of the year and legends. Was hard to leave Xbox :lol:[/quote]

How did you get toty players? Did you buy coins?

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:26 pm

PC1978 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

I only have rubbish left. I think the only gold player I have left is Negredo and about 8k coins. Had some really good players including a few team of the year and legends. Was hard to leave Xbox :lol:
How did you get toty players? Did you buy coins?[/quote]

I got TOTY Ramos and Ibrahimovic in packs. I never buy coins. Just play and buy packs every now and again. I got loads of Microsoft points in a promotion when I bought my Xbox One and used them all when TOTY was released :lol: Made about 8 million coins when I sold all my players.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:21 pm

anyone got the new South Park game? Mightily tempted by the reviews.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:27 pm

and the new Metal Gear Solid prologue, too!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:01 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:and the new Metal Gear Solid prologue, too!
Heard it's only 2 hours of gameplay for £30!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:05 pm

apparently it has a lot of replay value, which is good for a game of that length. Though i don't think price should necessarily be equated to length in terms of gaming. Portal, for instance, is only a few hours long and is near perfection. Ditto Limbo.

Will still wait til it's in the resale bin tho :)

in other news, been playing a lot of Layton Brothers' Mystery Room and Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney on then ol' iPad. Bloody awesome games!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:36 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:anyone got the new South Park game? Mightily tempted by the reviews.
so am i now!

havent been near my xbox for months.

danhorwich
Promising
Promising

Post by danhorwich » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:21 am

General Mannerheim wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:anyone got the new South Park game? Mightily tempted by the reviews.
so am i now!

havent been near my xbox for months.
Same here it is gathering dust in the corner of my room not even plugged into the telly mind I have not brought any games in the past year so that is probably the main reason.
"Oh f**k off you daft southern c**t"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:01 pm

I was contemplating getting one at weekend - either the XBOX One or a PS4. Then I looked at the games currently available and didn't see anything that would make me want to bother shelling out £350/£400 quid.

All seems fairly poor fare at the moment. I could see me waiting another 12 months maybe...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:16 pm

same for any console, shurley? Can't remember a raft of brilliant games out in the early days of ps3/360. Give it a year or so when prices are down and uncharted 4 is out :D