I drank what?!!!

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

I drank what?!!!

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:13 pm

Following a debate on the (de)merits of Buckfast Wine on another thread, I'd like to start one about the worst thing you've drunk.

During a drunken game at my old local (The Edge Tavern) we had a game of jacks which came up with the single most disgusting tasting drink which was a schooner of sherry mixed with a measure of Pimms. This had to be downed in one. Such was the reaction of the first person to try it that it became the staple order for the rest of that night.

I have never touched sherry or Pimms since. I was, however, reminded of it the other day when I was given a bottle of Wild Turkey Bourbon which is just as nasty.

So come on, what's the worst thing you have drunk?

ps I have separated this from the 'What are you drinking tonight' thread on purpose.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:33 pm

Surely the Ponders End tapwater must be worse than anything! :)

The Edge Tavern, eh? Used to be my local too. :pissed:

The worse thing that I've ever drank was on my 21st Birthday. A mini-bus full of us went over to Henry Africa's in Standish. We decided to go in Cassinelli's first which was over the road, under the Moat House. Mi pals decided to all chuck in and got me a pint that had most of the top shelf in it, and like a cock I stood on a table and downed it in one. I just remember to over-riding taste of it being the Pernod. Tasted the same on the way back up too. :oops:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Marshall
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Marshall » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:56 pm

Worst thing I ever drunk was a couple of weeks ago in Maloneys. According to the website, it was:

"Jamaican Jump (9)
A terrifying combination of White rum, Dark Rum, Golden Rum, Woods 100 Rum, Ginger ale and Lime with a topping of Green Chartreuse and Galliano. Try a jump after this one! "

A 'pitcher' of that for 8 quid, and it turns out it was buy one get one free.

Needless to say, the rest of the evening was a blur and the following day was spent running back and forth from bed to toilet :shock: :vomit:

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:59 pm

Half a pint of gin in one go when I was 15 and stupid!

14 hours of my life is missing :(
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:24 pm

along time ago in leeds, the observatory hads student night on mondays..
7-9pm 10p per shot plus 50p for a mixer - or as the stupid would point out £1 for a quintuple plus mixer, 125ml of spirits, so five of those were drank between 7 & 9, 72.5cl - more than a bottle of very rough bourbon. Then that offer ended and we switched to bottles of Holsten pils at 70p a pop, 10 of those later and enough change from £15 to go to the chippy down from the infamous mill hill kebab shop, and we weren't even students. Suffice to say my hotel bathroom was pungent the next morning as I had not flushed all of my stomach contents away before collapsing face down on my bed, head hung over the edge with bin beneath my face.

And you know what? It was ig and it was clever as I was in work on time the next day.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:47 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:Half a pint of gin in one go when I was 15 and stupid!
14 hours of my life is missing :(
Same story but old enough to know better. Half a bottle of neat Pernod down in one. Why? No idea. No clear recollection of much except being found upside down in the bath the following morning. Never touched the stuff since and even the smell of it puts me off now.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:51 pm

Haven't touched any spirits at all since a particularly reckless night when I was away on a school trip when I was 15/16 and was downing doubles/trebles/quadruples of Gin, Whisky and Vodka for fun, having had a few beers during the day. It wasn't fun later on that night, I tell thee.

Still, made breakfast the following day and was lauded as something of a hero, until the headmaster found out when I got back to school the following week...

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:54 pm

Good pub that serves quadruple spirit measures to fifteen year olds. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

officer_dibble
Immortal
Immortal

Post by officer_dibble » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:59 pm

Same as Bruce - a top shelfer - infact I've had 2 in my lifetime, both finished off with a double baileys which made the thing curdle, and you had to eat the end bit......and my stomach contents stayed down amazingly enough...

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:00 pm

I remember my 18th about ten years ago, (we have a tradition that when its someones birthday they have to drink a 'green monster' a concoction of snakebite and vodka with bluebolls o make it green - and you have to down a pint of the stuff*) Anyway, my mate Josh, who had already been 18 for a few months reckoned i was abit of a nonce for not finishing my green monster in one swoop, said he could down half a bottle of vodka in one go - being such good friends we agreed to provide the vodka should he wish to prove it, he did! he dropped it in about 4 gulps not a problem, a few seconds later he hit the deck, and i had to phone an ambulance and talk to his mother in the hospital, not a great end to a good lash up. (to this day, if any one is out of their tree, he is referred to as completely 'joshed'!

The worst i have drank though is STROH (i think) 80% proof - one shot, as soon as it hit my stomach it came staight back with all its new mates, projectile stylee. that was in austria lat year, lovely!

* Said tradition is still going strong!

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:02 pm

A vodka and aftershock session went wrong when I was working in Somerset. I dont remember a fookin thing but Im told i was doing the dentist chair thingy with a bottle of aftershock. All i remember is drinking vodka red bulls, next thing I know its morning im back in bed in the digs and there's blood everywhere. My face was stuck to the pillow with dried blood. Took a look in the mirror and under my chin, bridge of my nose and eyebrow are all slashed. Dont know how.
Went into work still pissed and was told to go to hospital and get cleaned up! "Is it that bad?" I said because I couldnt really feel owt.
I certaintly felt it the next day.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:05 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Good pub that serves quadruple spirit measures to fifteen year olds. :|
It were not in a pub, were offy bought bottles that we had in our rooms at the end of the night. And I'd've been 16, thinking back, as it was in lower sixth...

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:11 pm

oh the General has jsut reminded me - Polish spirit :shock: never again!
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:21 pm

I used to go to the Observatory as well Commie. Reet knocking shop. :wink:

1976 Pips in Manchester. They had a Pernod promotion night, 10p for a double. It was cheap even in those days. The thing was, I'd pulled a fit bird, (nice Jewish girl, Oy Vey!) then disaster struck. The bogs were in the 'disco' room (I was in the Roxy room) I didn't make it, spewing all over those nice chaps in oxford bags and cheesecloth shirts.

The bouncers made my brother take me outside, he picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, yup, you guessed it, I chucked up all down his (new) jacket. I didn't get out of bed until 17:00 hrs the next day. :oops:

Even today, 31 years later, I cannot drink an aniseed based drink.

:pissed:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:31 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Surely the Ponders End tapwater must be worse than anything! :)

The Edge Tavern, eh? Used to be my local too. :pissed:

The worse thing that I've ever drank was on my 21st Birthday. A mini-bus full of us went over to Henry Africa's in Standish. We decided to go in Cassinelli's first which was over the road, under the Moat House. Mi pals decided to all chuck in and got me a pint that had most of the top shelf in it, and like a cock I stood on a table and downed it in one. I just remember to over-riding taste of it being the Pernod. Tasted the same on the way back up too. :oops:
Ponders End's downstream from me, mush! :mrgreen:

I'm and EN1 type of guy! 8)
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:53 pm

communistworkethic wrote:oh the General has jsut reminded me - Polish spirit :shock: never again!
its actually Austrian, or did you mean - tastes like polish!
Last edited by General Mannerheim on Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:03 pm

If anyone has spent time in Germany, they will know about small bottled drinks with seriously high alcohol content, Kumalings (sp?) and Dracula's were two. Apple corn was ok, but straight corn just makes you want to throw up!

They don't half drink some shite them boxheads!

These drinks are normally involved in the greatest pub drinking game ever invention, Shock Dice!
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:04 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
communistworkethic wrote:oh the General has jsut reminded me - Polish spirit :shock: never again!
its actually Austrian, or did you mean - tastes like polish!
Well, you reminded me of something there too, General. When I was about 18 I went out on the end-of-season bash of the team that I'd just started playing for. All the rest of the lads were in their 20's and as such were always encouraging of me to perform daft stunts, knowing, of course, that I'd be eager to impress and would willingly oblige. Anyway, the drink that they gave me was as per your Green Monster, only with an addition. You know those silver measuring jobbies? Well, one of those filled with Tia Maria was lowered into the glass, so after drinking the Green Monster down in one your last mouthful is neat coffee liquer. Most of 'em worked on the vans for Warbies and were pretty minted (for reasons that we need not go into) and they all offered me a tenner apiece if I could do it and keep it down. I was on £40 a week working for BMBC at the time, so you can imagine my delight at rolling home as pissed as a handcart with nearly four weeks wages in my arse pocket. 8)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:14 pm

Ask HRG about this gem -

Kwik Save whiskey.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:21 pm

enfieldwhite wrote:Ponders End's downstream from me, mush! :mrgreen:

I'm and EN1 type of guy! 8)
Near Morrison's? :wink: