A sight not often seen in cricket

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

sluffy
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by sluffy » Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:46 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:If we win it will be the first time in my lifetime I suspect (if memory serves - we might have tied for the title but not won it outright). I doubt even Tango can remember us winning it all (Cyril notwithstanding).
Lancashire last won the title outright in 1934 and shared the title in 1950 - both before my time.

I only go back to the Brian Statham, Ken Higgs days - although I remember well the great one day teams initially captained by Jackie Bond which included amongst others, Clive Lloyd, Farokh Engineer, Barry Wood, David Lloyd, Harry Pilling, Peter Lever, Ken Shuttleworth, Peter Lee, John Sullivan, Jack Simmons, David Hughes, etc

Those were the days!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:28 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:If we win it will be the first time in my lifetime I suspect (if memory serves - we might have tied for the title but not won it outright). I doubt even Tango can remember us winning it all (Cyril notwithstanding).
I'm being honest Monty, after schooldays (even during them) playing cricket always came before watching it and once the playing days were over it was never my number one sporting priority. Went to Old Trafford a time or two and was always mad keen on the Roses and the Test matches, then again, life got in the way. I just waited for September. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:16 pm

What was the thread title again? " A sight not often seen in cricket: :mrgreen:

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:05 pm

CAPSLOCK wrote:
Nozza wrote:Only because the ECB pitch inspectors bottled an investigation into the Blackpool pitch. Fucking farce playing a game in which the title could have been decided at an out pitch which has a notoriously bad wicket.

Should have been docked 20 points.
Shut up you knob

You've just turned over Sussex on a 'sporting' pitch

Yu've had good season on the back of seam bowlers and if you had owt about you, you'd have challenged Lancs on the seamer friendly strip

Fact is, 'you got whupped'

Now, stop bleating
Stanley Park is notoriously shit, if you had beaten us at OT then I wouldn't have been bothered.

We've been docked 1 point for slow over rate against Sussex despite finishing with 4 of the 16 sessions left!

We've also just clocked up a win in the Pro40 league Div 2 to hopefully win that, too. Aslong as Middlesex beat Somerset.

Ha'way Surrey. 8)
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:14 pm

Not a sight you see in cricket part 2:

DURHAM ARE CHAMPIONS...

Twice his season. 8)

Hopefully (but very unlikely) 3.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

CAPSLOCK
Icon
Icon

Post by CAPSLOCK » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:21 pm

Nozza wrote:
CAPSLOCK wrote:
Nozza wrote:Only because the ECB pitch inspectors bottled an investigation into the Blackpool pitch. Fucking farce playing a game in which the title could have been decided at an out pitch which has a notoriously bad wicket.

Should have been docked 20 points.
Shut up you knob

You've just turned over Sussex on a 'sporting' pitch

Yu've had good season on the back of seam bowlers and if you had owt about you, you'd have challenged Lancs on the seamer friendly strip

Fact is, 'you got whupped'

Now, stop bleating
Stanley Park is notoriously shit, if you had beaten us at OT then I wouldn't have been bothered.

We've been docked 1 point for slow over rate against Sussex despite finishing with 4 of the 16 sessions left!

We've also just clocked up a win in the Pro40 league Div 2 to hopefully win that, too. Aslong as Middlesex beat Somerset.

Ha'way Surrey. 8)
Have you based your success on seamers?

Was it the same for both teams?

Have Lancs been missing their two best bowlers nearly all summer?

Stop whining
Sto ut Serviam

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:32 pm

Lancashire might have won the Championship on a number of occasions since their last win - had we not lost so many days more to rain than most other Counties (specially the ones from darn sarf). So Stanley Park has it's moments as a wicket - so do many of the other Counties second grounds. Quit whining - Championships are decided on all the results not just one....

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:50 am

CAPSLOCK wrote: Have you based your success on seamers?

Was it the same for both teams?

Have Lancs been missing their two best bowlers nearly all summer?

Stop whining
Is the 3rd one your excuse for when you choke against Surrey?

In the last 3 county championship matches played at Stanley Park, Blackpool, the scores have been as follows;

2002 Lancs v Somerset

Lancs 251 and 296
Somerset 140 and 71

1997 Lancs v Warwickshire

Warwickshire 139 and 310
Lancs 362 and 91/7

1994 Lancs v Derbyshire

Lancs 83 and 589
Derbyshire 490/8d and 186/7

Some very low scores there which make our 166 look almost respectable. Also some big turnarounds in the innings 362 and 91/7, 83 and 589.

In addition the pitch was renewed in 2003 and this is the first county championship match played on it since:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/england/ ... 25273.html

And FWIW, our success has mainly been based on our ability to score runs - Di Venuto, Shiv, Mustard, Coetzer all with the ability to score runs. One of our main seamer is Otis Gibson who is 37 for Gods sake.

Have we not had our two main seamers injured or playing for England all season? (Plunkett and Harmison)

If Diva gets dual nationality and we keep Shiv then we will be better next season.

Ha'way Surrey.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:35 pm

"A sight not often seen in cricket"...

Not for long, mind.

Whats the excuses this year? Can't blame the weather this time...

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:44 pm

I'm going to be quiet until your game finishes. 300 needed off 60 or so overs.

It'll be a fix if you win. :wink:

Tombwfc
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Tombwfc » Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:00 pm

194 off 41 Overs.

Still not looking likely, but who knows. Good effort from the lads anyway.