Lancs County Championship The Crunch Games

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Lancs County Championship The Crunch Games

Post by wovlad » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:42 pm

Going into the final fixture of the season Lancs are 6 points clear of Sussex in the league and have to equal or better their result in order to clinch the county championship for the first time in 70 odd years.

After failing to run out Mark Ramprakash yesterday morning when he'd barely troubled the
scorer. The Strictly Come Dancing Winner made Lancs pay with 196 runs. Its put Surrey in the driving seat at the Brit Oval. Surrey finished 427-9 Declared earlier today & Lancs are currently 149-4 in reply. So a win is unlikely

This leaves us somewhat in the hands of relegated Worcs, who are currently 47 without loss
in reply to Sussex's 532.

Looks like we need Worcs to get a draw in order for the title to come to Old Trafford.
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

wovlad
Promising
Promising

Post by wovlad » Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:49 pm

Bugger we might struggle to get a draw now 162-6 doh, looks like we could be following on
That is for ever England

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:23 pm

wovlad wrote:Bugger we might struggle to get a draw now 162-6 doh, looks like we could be following on
Cricket being organised the way it is that's it then, really as far as what Lancs can do aboout it. We haven't got the rrquired batting or bowling points & it really doesn't matter whether we lose or draw .... & we sure ain't going to win. So it's all down to how the others do.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

wovlad
Promising
Promising

Post by wovlad » Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:36 pm

agree with Bobo

Another Doh, Worcs have just lossed there first wicket now 80-1
That is for ever England

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:38 pm

Lancs cocking up

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:30 pm

Superb. :D
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:18 pm

[pray for a deluge]So what's the weather forecast for the next couple of days over there?[/pray for a deluge]
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:07 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:[pray for a deluge]So what's the weather forecast for the next couple of days over there?[/pray for a deluge]
Rain in the Sarf West, where all the games are - Hove, The Brit Oval and Canterbury. Hove and The Brit Oval are the only games to have being effected by bad light so far. Sussex lost 7 overs to bad light yesterday and around an hour today, The Brit Oval quickly followed.

If, and at the moment, it is a huge if, you win the LVCC then it will be because of the weather, which would be ironic.

Durham look the only team likely to win - Wankashire will be made to follow-on and Sussex could well end up playing a draw - The Pears really need to bat through as much of tomorrow as they can. Sussexs to lose at the moment.
Niall Quinn wrote:"Fans epitmoise a clubs spirit. We're nothing without the fans.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:08 pm

Nozza, you really should be on stage

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Re: Lancs County Championship The Crunch Games

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:14 pm

wovlad wrote:Going into the final fixture of the season Lancs are 6 points clear of Sussex in the league and have to equal or better their result in order to clinch the county championship for the first time in 70 odd years.

After failing to run out Mark Ramprakash yesterday morning when he'd barely troubled the
scorer. The Strictly Come Dancing Winner made Lancs pay with 196 runs. Its put Surrey in the driving seat at the Brit Oval. Surrey finished 427-9 Declared earlier today & Lancs are currently 149-4 in reply. So a win is unlikely

This leaves us somewhat in the hands of relegated Worcs, who are currently 47 without loss
in reply to Sussex's 532.

Looks like we need Worcs to get a draw in order for the title to come to Old Trafford.
Not really, a Sussex/Worcestershire draw could also bring the title to RiverDog, albiet very unlikely.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:18 pm

If not Lancs, and now it's probably not, I'd rather Durham won it. Sussex southern sh*tes.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:37 pm

Points table as it stands:

http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/countycr ... ointstable

An extra 4 (for a draw, if you're lucky) gives you 194. Sussex can still get an extra 2 bonus points to take them to 187 BEFORE they get either 4 for a draw or 14 for a win so that leaves either 191 or 201. Durham can now only get 0 (unlikely, unless we collapse to 10 all out in the second innings or something similar), 4 (slightly less unlikely) or 14 (weather dependant, I think we'd get this) Leaving the table as one of the following:

Sussex - 201
Durham - 197.5
Lancashire - 194

or

Durham - 197.5
Lancashire - 194
Sussex - 191

or several others which i can't be bothered to work out.

Sussexs to lose.

Yet again, the "biggest county" have chocked. Just like finals day in the 20/20. Sky are going to have to stop their wank-a-thon.

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:13 pm

For a start Lancs have the world's wettest Test ground, it never helps in the CC - we always have loads of drawn games.
In his book, the other Athers says that the all-conquering one day team of the 90s were up for the one dayers, the big games, the full grounds, the Lords finals etc. but when it came to eeking out batting points in front of 100 people in Somerset they weren't really up for it. This attitude is probably still around.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:24 am

Athers wrote:For a start Lancs have the world's wettest Test ground, it never helps in the CC - we always have loads of drawn games.
In his book, the other Athers says that the all-conquering one day team of the 90s were up for the one dayers, the big games, the full grounds, the Lords finals etc. but when it came to eeking out batting points in front of 100 people in Somerset they weren't really up for it. This attitude is probably still around.
If you win this year, it will be because of the weather. Swings and roundabouts.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:01 am

ratbert wrote:If not Lancs, and now it's probably not, I'd rather Durham won it. Sussex southern sh*tes.
Come on Sussex.

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:15 pm

durham are in the driving seat well and truly

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:54 pm

Feckity Feck!

Going to be a tense day and a half.

Ha'weh the rain on the south coast!

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:54 pm

5 more wickets needed tommorow for Sussex to clinch the title. 3 in four years it would be I think?

Very impressive and even more so for such a relatively small county with limited resources.

Nozza
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Nozza » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:52 pm

Daxter wrote:5 more wickets needed tommorow for Sussex to clinch the title. 3 in four years it would be I think?

Very impressive and even more so for such a relatively small county with limited resources.
Mushy is hardly limited. :lol:

Fantastic season for Durham, irrespective of results. To go from staying up by 1 point last season to finishing 2nd this is an absolutely fantastic, the fact we have won the FP and Pro40 League 2 is mint. Shame we're losing Otis Gibson aka God to either the ECB (bowling coach) or the WIndies (full time coach), like but thems the breaks.

Mind, we are keeping Shiv.

We're also better prepared for the new "1 overseas player" rule next season - one of our O/Seas players (Michael Di Venuto) is getting an Italian passport, which means we can keep Shiv.

Hopefully The Colonel (Mustard) won't get called up to the England squad that often.

We'll be there or thereabouts next season anarl.

Dynamos!

Congratulations to Sussex - defending champions and wholly deserved.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:41 pm

Sussex haven't won it yet. The weather could spoil the one-man team's party.