Strictly get watching.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:50 pm

Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:24 pm

Thoughts this year Tango?

I'm afraid my latest squeeze has had me watching for a couple of weeks... :oops:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:30 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Thoughts this year Tango?

I'm afraid my latest squeeze has had me watching for a couple of weeks... :oops:
tell him you drew the line at musicals
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 pm

Following the usual formats Mummy. John Sergeant (dear oh dear) has bumbled his way through each round like Uncle Bulgaria in a tuxedo and it's now becoming farcial as the viewing public vote for him ahead of decent dancers. Public lunacy could actually see him win. (mind you, his partner Kristina Rianhoff of the thunder-thighs is a real eyeful)

Tom Chambers, actor, and Austin Healey are quite amazingly talented and both should make the final. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine and I certainly wouldn't bet money on anyone. I just enjoy the dancing and watching Erin Boag. :wink:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Following the usual formats Mummy. John Sergeant (dear oh dear) has bumbled his way through each round like Uncle Bulgaria in a tuxedo and it's now becoming farcial as the viewing public vote for him ahead of decent dancers. Public lunacy could actually see him win. (mind you, his partner Kristina Rianhoff of the thunder-thighs is a real eyeful)

Tom Chambers, actor, and Austin Healey are quite amazingly talented and both should make the final. Beyond that, your guess is as good as mine and I certainly wouldn't bet money on anyone. I just enjoy the dancing and watching Erin Boag. :wink:
Sergeant's a good character though and the show isn't worse for having him on... there's enough good dancing going on at the sharp end for the enthusiasts and the casual onlookers alike. And yes, I'd have thought Kristina's thighs were plenty reason enough to keep him in....

I like to see Austin Healy win it, good Wirral lad that he is.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:58 pm

Now, I'm no expert on this but I've become mildly interested by dint of the broo-ha-haa surrounding John Sargeant. I've seen two of his dances on Youtube, and to be honest, I could only ever dream of being able to dance that well. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:05 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Sergeant's a good character though and the show isn't worse for having him on... there's enough good dancing going on at the sharp end for the enthusiasts and the casual onlookers alike. And yes, I'd have thought Kristina's thighs were plenty reason enough to keep him in....

I like to see Austin Healy win it, good Wirral lad that he is.
to paraphrase the immortal Eric Morecambe 'I'm above that sort of thing' :mrgreen:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Now, I'm no expert on this but I've become mildly interested by dint of the broo-ha-haa surrounding John Sargeant. I've seen two of his dances on Youtube, and to be honest, I could only ever dream of being able to dance that well. :conf:
Fair comment Bruce, but these two started off even. Neither could dance a few weeks ago. Bear with it, it's worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P3LwdwxWuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A8t-9FFULY

Edit. In fairness, there's no real way to compare because of age, agility etc and Sergeant is entertainment and what keeps ten million viewers watching. Nowhere near this number would watch a straight dance competition and the BBC know it. Viewers are what it's all about. Each year they stick in a Sergeant, Jimmy Tarbuck, Willie Thorn etc etc as the underdog. It works.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Now, I'm no expert on this but I've become mildly interested by dint of the broo-ha-haa surrounding John Sargeant. I've seen two of his dances on Youtube, and to be honest, I could only ever dream of being able to dance that well. :conf:
Fair comment Bruce, but these two started off even. Neither could dance a few weeks ago. Bear with it, it's worth it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P3LwdwxWuI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A8t-9FFULY

Edit. In fairness, there's no real way to compare because of age, agility etc and Sergeant is entertainment and what keeps ten million viewers watching. Nowhere near this number would watch a straight dance competition and the BBC know it. Viewers are what it's all about. Each year they stick in a Sergeant, Jimmy Tarbuck, Willie Thorn etc etc as the underdog. It works.
I'll tell you what, mate. I'll even go to the trouble and expense of ringing in to vote for John Sargeant and against that panel of wankers, having watched all of that.

He gave it as good as he possibly could. That's what will always count, to me.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: I'll tell you what, mate. I'll even go to the trouble and expense of ringing in to vote for John Sargeant and against that panel of wankers, having watched all of that.

He gave it as good as he possibly could. That's what will always count, to me.
Oh shxt. What have I done? :lol:

See Bruce, this is why the show's such a success. A straight forward dance contest (as in the old Come Dancing) wouldn't have the controversy, outrage, fighting and squabbling that makes for good TV. The BBC want numbers and this is the way they get them. I admire JS out of sight for his guts but, I'm a dance fan at heart and have to reward the skills of those in there. That said, I haven't voted for anyone for a while because it's sods law if I do, they'll lose out. KEEEEEEEP DAAANNNCCIIING. :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Don't have to have to answer if you don't want, TD, but has there been a celebrity on SCD whom you have considered to be of a similar standard to your good self? :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 11, 2008 11:24 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Don't have to have to answer if you don't want, TD, but has there been a celebrity on SCD whom you have considered to be of a similar standard to your good self? :D
How very dare you sir? You mean amongst the professionals, of course? :mrgreen:

These days, age, gammy leg and all, I could probably still see off John Sergeant....just. Now in my prime when I ws dancing for the Palaise....... :lol:

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:27 am

They really need to change the judging panel. The rampant egomania among that lot is getting to be more of a joke than John Sargeant's survival (a nice if somewhat shy guy in real life BTW) now.

Still, I'll keep watching because the Mrs insists, and for Lisa Snowdon and her fabulous legs.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:34 am

ratbert wrote:They really need to change the judging panel. The rampant egomania among that lot is getting to be more of a joke than John Sargeant's survival (a nice if somewhat shy guy in real life BTW) now.

Still, I'll keep watching because the Mrs insists, and for Lisa Snowdon and her fabulous legs.
Aye its about the only redeeming feature of the program.

Kelly Brook last year, Lisa Snowdon this year!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:06 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
ratbert wrote:They really need to change the judging panel. The rampant egomania among that lot is getting to be more of a joke than John Sargeant's survival (a nice if somewhat shy guy in real life BTW) now.

I can think of at least half-a-dozen pairs of fabulous legs on the show. Christine Bleakley is a doll for a start, then you have the pro dancers like Kristina, Camilla, Erin, Flavia, Lillia etc etc. As for the panel, the BBC, as I said, want controversy and not a tame show. Way of the world I'm afraid.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:16 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

I can think of at least half-a-dozen pairs of fabulous legs on the show. Christine Bleakley is a doll for a start, then you have the pro dancers like Kristina, Camilla, Erin, Flavia, Lillia etc etc. As for the panel, the BBC, as I said, want controversy and not a tame show. Way of the world I'm afraid.
Good god no!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:23 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote: I can think of at least half-a-dozen pairs of fabulous legs on the show. Christine Bleakley is a doll for a start, then you have the pro dancers like Kristina, Camilla, Erin, Flavia, Lillia etc etc. As for the panel, the BBC, as I said, want controversy and not a tame show. Way of the world I'm afraid.
Good god no!

Are you ill? :mrgreen: Image

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:26 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote: I can think of at least half-a-dozen pairs of fabulous legs on the show. Christine Bleakley is a doll for a start, then you have the pro dancers like Kristina, Camilla, Erin, Flavia, Lillia etc etc. As for the panel, the BBC, as I said, want controversy and not a tame show. Way of the world I'm afraid.
Good god no!

Are you ill? :mrgreen: Image
She's like a wrinkled stick. And highly annoying to boot.

Does nowt for me.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:44 pm

Actually, I'm sure this smiley is based in Christine Bleakley:

:mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:56 pm

ratbert wrote:Actually, I'm sure this smiley is based in Christine Bleakley:

:mrgreen:
Dya mean that her ONLY reaction to anything is to grin inanely?

If so i find that annoying.

Christine that dance was awful *cue inane grin*.

Christine your mother has just died *inane grin*

Christine the world is about to end "Oh how lovely" *inane grin*.

Too much media training not enough substance for me.