Strictly get watching.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:11 pm

It'll actually improve ratings this weekend as this, whatever you may think, is publicity for the show.

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:17 pm

ratbert wrote:It'll actually improve ratings this weekend as this, whatever you may think, is publicity for the show.
Not now he's quit it won't.

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:25 pm

9m+ people watched it every week before he was on, this won't end it overnight.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:27 pm

ratbert wrote:It'll actually improve ratings this weekend as this, whatever you may think, is publicity for the show.
The structure of the voting reflects the public's choice and it's pretty obvious a lot of people watch the show for the entertainment value. It's also pretty obvious a lot of people wanted him to win. They'll probablyy boycott the show in protest, not that it will affect much in the long run.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:07 pm

ratbert wrote:9m+ people watched it every week before he was on, this won't end it overnight.
But it will have a negative effect as TD has pointed out. I was actually going to watch the end this week to see what happened; I could't have stomached the whole show, but they'd have got me for a bit, not now though, business as usual for me.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:05 pm

fatshaft wrote:
ratbert wrote:9m+ people watched it every week before he was on, this won't end it overnight.
But it will have a negative effect as TD has pointed out. I was actually going to watch the end this week to see what happened; I could't have stomached the whole show, but they'd have got me for a bit, not now though, business as usual for me.
So you'd watch the end and results but not the show? That's a bit of an oddity. Anyway, JS has managed to get himself on an hour long special at 6'0clock tonight on BBC2. Just a nice lead up to Strictly Come Footballing. :mrgreen:

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:08 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
So you'd watch the end and results but not the show? That's a bit of an oddity. Anyway, JS has managed to get himself on an hour long special at 6'0clock tonight on BBC2. Just a nice lead up to Strictly Come Footballing. :mrgreen:
My 7 year old daughter won't be happy that JS is gone.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:Apparently John Sargeant has quit Strictly Come Dancing http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7737447.stm

Expect rating to fall from here to around...here.

Did not foresee that happening, especially afte his recent interviews. Stunned.
Definitely out of left field, this one. I agree with you that you'd never have guessed this was coming from the It Takes Two interview he did on Monday. (:oops:)

Shame really, I don't think he was ever going to win. And now we've lost Kristina. :cry:

What will this mean for the voting etc this weekend?
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

fatshaft
Passionate
Passionate

Post by fatshaft » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
fatshaft wrote:
It's like the Eurovision song contest, the only interesting bit is the voting :wink:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:38 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Verbal wrote:Apparently John Sargeant has quit Strictly Come Dancing http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7737447.stm

Definitely out of left field, this one. I agree with you that you'd never have guessed this was coming from the It Takes Two interview he did on Monday. (:oops:)

Shame really, I don't think he was ever going to win. And now we've lost Kristina. :cry:

Unfortunately (from the show point of view) he's become an icon. Bit like "Paddington Bear does Strictly Come Dancing". He's made a lot of fans in the great British underdog mould. Saturday should be interesting watching Bruce and co bumble around trying to explain it off. Keeeeeeeep Watchingggg. :mrgreen:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:Can anyone tell me, why the FOOK does it matter who wins SCD?
If its the worst dancer in the competition, what difference does it make?
Okay, you want an answer on something that's of no interest to you. It's competiton, enjoyment, interest, personal taste.

It only matters to the fans of the show, just like anything else. What does it matter who wins X Factor, what does it matter who beats who in anything? Is any of it world changing or life-threatening? If you're a non-dancer and not interested in dance, why ask? It matters to me purely to see the best dancer win; but it's highly unlikely they will. Current media darling and public favourite John Sergeant could very well go on and win. It won't matter in the grand scheme of things, but then again, if we have no interests and hobbbies, what does it matter if we just curl up and die?
TD my point is that there IS a distinction between X Factor and Strictly. Strictly is a show where "celebs" compete for essentially nothing. There is no tangible prize at the end. These people are already famous and dare I say wealthy.

On the X Factor contestants are neither famous nor wealthy and they compete for a prize of recording a record and making a living far greater than they were before. In essence it actually does change potentially one or two peoples lives.

Whether you or I care about those people is immaterial. The X Factor has a result that at least to the winner and possibly a few of the "losers" matters because it is giving a few people a chance.

Strictly is just a bit of pre christmas entertainment!

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:48 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

Unfortunately (from the show point of view) he's become an icon. Bit like "Paddington Bear does Strictly Come Dancing". He's made a lot of fans in the great British underdog mould. Saturday should be interesting watching Bruce and co bumble around trying to explain it off. Keeeeeeeep Watchingggg. :mrgreen:
Well I for one am sad to see him (them :wink: ) go.

Anyway, question.... what was your opinion on Austin's Tango, Tango? Must have gone over my head because I didn't think it was all that....

Unlike Rachel's Rumba. :help:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:03 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote: Anyway, question.... what was your opinion on Austin's Tango, Tango? Must have gone over my head because I didn't think it was all that....Unlike Rachel's Rumba. :help:
As long as the contestants keep being told to look "angry" in the tango and paso-doble, they'll never get it quite right. Ever seen a matador getting angry at half a ton of fighting bull? The tango involves a man trying to win the affections of a woman.
Haughty, arrogant and proud, yes. Angry?No. I did think Austin did a very fine job, but he's totally in awe of Erin. That said, I liked it a lot. Then again, I like Erin a lot. :mrgreen:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:35 pm

Headline number one on every news channel, members of Parliament and No 10 ringing to support him, an hour-long special and all because he can't dance very well. The guy bowed out with panache, dignity and a great deal of honesty. I give him a 10.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:46 pm

Pah!!! Ballroom Dancing!!!! Megson really is boring us to death isn't he?

It'll be another thread about men playing with little balls next :roll:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:53 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Headline number one on every news channel, members of Parliament and No 10 ringing to support him, an hour-long special and all because he can't dance very well. The guy bowed out with panache, dignity and a great deal of honesty. I give him a 10.
Aye because its SOOO important that a good dancer wins because otherwise the world might end?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Headline number one on every news channel, members of Parliament and No 10 ringing to support him, an hour-long special and all because he can't dance very well. The guy bowed out with panache, dignity and a great deal of honesty. I give him a 10.
Aye because its SOOO important that a good dancer wins because otherwise the world might end?

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
it's so important anything or the world would end???

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:48 pm

I take it the people voting for him paid a phone charge to do so?
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:42 pm

going to children in need, iirc
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:49 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Headline number one on every news channel,
Has he something to do with the disappearance of Shannon Matthews? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way