Warning.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Warning.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:04 pm

Especially if you live in the Kearsley(where this happened) /Farnworth area:

Last night my granddaughter was picked up from school by her dad (He and my daughter both have had new partners some seven years now and she lives with her mum but visits her dad regularly). As they came out of his house at 9-0 clock to take her home, it had gone dark and six/seven guys in ski masks were at the bottom of his drive. A couple of them grabbed him and demanded his car keys (he's just got a new Audi). He shouted to my granddaughter to run in, lock the door and ring the police. She did this (credit to her for acting quickly) and one of the men followed her and tried to force his way in after her.

She was terrified(as can well be imagined) but dialled 999 and got her story in. Her dad struggled with the men and refused to hand over the keys. The one who followed my granddaugher threw a big plantpot throught the front window and then, probably becuase of the racket and neighbours on either side, legged it and took off. The kid was really traumatised and apparently the police were there quite some time taking statements and fingerprints etc. We found out about it from my daughter half an hour or so later. My granddaughter has gone to school this morning (no doubt full of the adventure now) but she may well suffer from the experience later.

My own view is that, due to the numbers, they were probably from another area and targeting two or three vehicles. If you live in the area (even if you don't and have a decent vehicle) go carefully and keep your eyes open. It could happen to you.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:06 pm

Jesus Christ man.

This world is fooked.

Hope everyone is reet.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:07 pm

Hey, but don't have nightmares. ;)
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:09 pm

Batman wrote:Jesus Christ man.

This world is fooked.

Hope everyone is reet.
Seems so Bats, although I haven't spoken to her dad.but I don't know any more right now. If they hadn't been leaving the house the thieves could have knocked on the door and forced their way in. I dread to think about that happening.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:13 pm

Terrible story but I suppose we should be thankful it didn't have a worse ending, these days.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:14 pm

Her dad struggled with the men and refused to hand over the keys

However this was verrryyyyyyyy stupid.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:15 pm

FFS! I'm off to Afgan for some peace and quite!

This country's on it's arse!!! :roll:

Hope the girl doesn't suffer from this experience. It would be so sad if these cocks were discovered and beaten to within an inch of their lives. The shitty thing is WE would be the guilty ones for doing it.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:18 pm

Batman wrote:
Her dad struggled with the men and refused to hand over the keys

However this was verrryyyyyyyy stupid.
Unfortunately that's the sort of lad he is. We all say what we should do but, faced with it and it happening so fast......? These
prxxks expect fear and use it to terrify. It's all too easy for them isn't it?

Gertie
Stalker
Stalker

Post by Gertie » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:21 pm

Blimey Tango, what a shock for your grandaughter, I hope that she is OK?

I don't know what I'd do if that happened to me, my friend was attacked when she returned to her Mini Cooper in a Manchester carpark. When she pressed the bleeper to unlock the doors, 2 guys leapt out and tried to grab her keys and bag. She was quite badly beaten in the struggle and they made off with her car anyways.

Makes me feel a bit scared. You must be proud at how courageous your grandaughter was, she sounds a brave girl.
Nobody puts Baby in a corner

www.can-i-see.blogspot.com

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:25 pm

Terrible. Really terrible. I'm honestly glad to hear that no one was hurt, TANGO.

What is wrong though, is the fact that I'm not surprised to read it; it's getting so that this sort of thing is almost the norm these days.
Businesswoman of the year.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:30 pm

Fella on RAOTL had a similar experience recently with his neighbours - he lives Manchester way (not sure exactly where) and his neighbour had an A3. Similar style gang, all hooded/balaclava'd up, trying to batter the door down and stuff.

Fair play to the guy for the struggle, but that could have ended a thousand times worse. If it's insured, feck it and give them the keys. It's a pain in the arse to get a car back and claim and all that, it's even harder to recover from serious injuries.

Glad to hear that all are ok in this instance.

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:38 pm

Were's the fxcking 'Punisher' when you need him! :roll:

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:13 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Terrible. Really terrible. I'm honestly glad to hear that no one was hurt, TANGO.

What is wrong though, is the fact that I'm not surprised to read it; it's getting so that this sort of thing is almost the norm these days.
What he said, all round.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:54 pm

Well done to both of them, TANGO, though I'm not sure that I'd have been as silly/brave as your ex-s-i-l. Good to see that your granddaughter has a cool head; I trust there will be no lasting effect from the experience - for either of them.

davroduk
Reliable
Reliable

Post by davroduk » Fri Oct 12, 2007 5:47 pm

These people should be Hung Drawn And Quartered, then Feckin Quartered again.
It would give me soooooo much pleasure to REALLY hurt these kind of Low Life T0ssers.

Sorry its just that this kind of thing REALLY ANNOYS ME :whack: :whack: :whack:
TALKING BALLS AS ALWAYS

Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:19 pm

davroduk wrote:These people should be Hung Drawn And Quartered, then Feckin Quartered again.
It would give me soooooo much pleasure to REALLY hurt these kind of Low Life T0ssers.

100% behind you Davrouk, there are things I would have really liked to have said, but to do so I would have to ban myself!

'You know what, me and all my mates here can't be arsed to work, we want to get /pissed/high/fed/housed without the rigmarall of having to earn it. Just give us what you have, it'll do us for a week or so, before we have to gang up on another honest civilian'

Fxck you, you fxcking lazy theiving coward junky bxstards!

I'll tell you one thing, I'm frightened to death of finishing my twenty two, and it isn't these fxcks I'm frightened of!

How did we become so weak as a nation?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:27 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:
davroduk wrote:These people should be Hung Drawn And Quartered, then Feckin Quartered again.

100% behind you Davrouk, there are things I would have really liked to have said, but to do so I would have to ban myself!

'You know what, me and all my mates here can't be arsed to work, we want to get /pissed/high/fed/housed without the rigmarall of having to earn it. Just give us what you have, it'll do us for a week or so, before we have to gang up on another honest civilian'

Fxck you, you fxcking lazy theiving coward junky bxstards!

I'll tell you one thing, I'm frightened to death of finishing my twenty two, and it isn't these fxcks I'm frightened of!

How did we become so weak as a nation?

I blame Sammy Lee

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:15 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote: How did we become so weak as a nation?
I could tell you, but that would be politics and we don't do politics; it's banned. :mrgreen:

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote: How did we become so weak as a nation?
I could tell you, but that would be politics and we don't do politics; it's banned. :mrgreen:
No it's not - fire away.

I'd be interested anyway.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army wrote:'You know what, me and all my mates here can't be arsed to work, we want to get /pissed/high/fed/housed without the rigmarall ( rigmarole? ) of having to earn it.
As opposed to what? :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way