Foreign Affair.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Foreign Affair.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:21 pm

No racial issues, no slurs, just a warning:

Wife got her pursed dabbed in Bolton Asda on Manchester Road this afternoon. A gentleman of "foreign extraction" (she wasn't sure just which) sidled up to her near the meat-counter and appologised he couldn't speak much English. Asked her which was the best meat for making soup. The wife, gentle and helpful soul that she is, instead of saying "What am I now, Delia Smith", tried to help out. Whilst she was so distracted his "accomplice" lifted her purse with Credit cards, Library Card,
National Insurance Card, about £75 in money and some personal photos etc, out of her bag which she foolishly had hung on the trolley (yeah, wise after the event is easy, I know).

The store security showed her a photo from the cameras and told her he usually had a woman with him (previous form apparently) and called the police. Fortunately the wife knew her credit card numbers and rang the bank right away to cancel them. The soupmaker legged it rapido and was seen leaving the store a couple of minutes later. The rest, like the contents of the purse, is history. The police are checking Asda cameras and I hope they nick the thieving bxxxxd.

Just relating this as a warning....it's coming Christmas, the season of goodwill, and I'd love to see the xxxx enjoying it on porridge..Take the bit of extra care folks.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:47 pm

Bad luck, TANGO. Can't really say much more.

If he's 'known to police' (except his identity) he's bound to slip up sometime.

I hope Mrs TANGO is OK.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:58 pm

We do get a lot of snatching at the university I'm afraid. The thieves generally ditch the non-usable contents asap. So we tend to check nearby trashcans and washrooms. We never get the money back but often the personal items and, sometimes, the cards. Good luck, Tango, and tell the wife if that's the worst thing that ever happens to her she's had a good life, so put it behind you as quick as you can.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:00 pm

Sorry to hear about yet more bad luck for your family Tango - I hope 2008 brings rather fewer unsavoury incidents!
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:01 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:We do get a lot of snatching at the university I'm afraid. The thieves generally ditch the non-usable contents asap. So we tend to check nearby trashcans and washrooms. We never get the money back but often the personal items and, sometimes, the cards. Good luck, Tango, and tell the wife if that's the worst thing that ever happens to her she's had a good life, so put it behind you as quick as you can.
Do you ever find the perpetrators, Monty? I'm just wondering if it's a student-on-student thing or outsiders drifting onto Campus?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:We do get a lot of snatching at the university I'm afraid. The thieves generally ditch the non-usable contents asap. So we tend to check nearby trashcans and washrooms. We never get the money back but often the personal items and, sometimes, the cards. Good luck, Tango, and tell the wife if that's the worst thing that ever happens to her she's had a good life, so put it behind you as quick as you can.
Do you ever find the perpetrators, Monty? I'm just wondering if it's a student-on-student thing or outsiders drifting onto Campus?
They do on occasion get caught. We are downtown in a big city so the risk of outsiders is always there. We also get video evidence that often points to the culprit so photos are circulated to staff. We call security if they enter the building. Although this cannot be stated with certitude it is seldom if ever students. Certainly those who get caught are not. They are quick and professional and do it for a living. They are also alas frequently black (usually Haitian).
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:19 pm

Universities attract outside crime because students tend to have expensive gadgets (laptops, iPods and mobiles) and are often stupid, naive, drunk or all three.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:21 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Universities attract outside crime because students tend to have expensive gadgets (laptops, iPods and mobiles) and are often stupid, naive, drunk or all three.
I must be a student :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:21 pm

Thanks all for the caring wishes
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Sorry to hear about yet more bad luck for your family Tango - I hope 2008 brings rather fewer unsavoury incidents!

Don't suppose we get any more bad luck than any other family overall Mummy, on the plus side we have a lot to be thankful for. Wife's okay now, just a bit shaken up by it. Asda is local so I may yet get a chance to wish our friend Merry Christmas. I'd like that. Just want folks to take a bit of extra care in the season of Goodwill.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:22 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Universities attract outside crime because students tend to have expensive gadgets (laptops, iPods and mobiles) and are often stupid, naive, drunk or all three.
Not quite sure the difference between naive and stupid in this case but, women's handbags aside, the thefts are almost always unattended laptops. Women put their handbags at the side of the chair and don't notice the quick dip. Often they are asleep when it happens.

WhiteArmy
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WhiteArmy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:23 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Thanks all for the caring wishes
mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Sorry to hear about yet more bad luck for your family Tango - I hope 2008 brings rather fewer unsavoury incidents!

Don't suppose we get any more bad luck than any other family overall Mummy, on the plus side we have a lot to be thankful for. Wife's okay now, just a bit shaken up by it. Asda is local so I may yet get a chance to wish our friend Merry Christmas. I'd like that. Just want folks to take a bit of extra care in the season of Goodwill.
If you manage to get a mugshot of him, post it on here TD, i go in ASDA on mamnny road occasionally, i still have a decent Glasgow kiss i haven't used for a while :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:30 pm

WhiteArmy wrote:
I must be a student :D
Me too, and furthermore I must've been robbed of my gadgets! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:08 am

you can't do that sort of thing anymore (handbag on trolly)

unfortunately these days you have to treat everyone with mistrust

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Re: Foreign Affair.

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:57 am

TANGODANCER wrote:No racial issues, no slurs, just a warning:
In which case TD, I have to ask why the heading?
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Foreign Affair.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:30 am

communistworkethic wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:No racial issues, no slurs, just a warning:
In which case TD, I have to ask why the heading?
Why's that Commie, isn't it simple enough for you?

When a guy can't speak much English you have to assume he's just arrived from a foreign country, or at least I would have thought so. I posted this just as a warning to others about theft by such a man, not for a nit-picking debate. Don't make it something it isn't.

Lennon
Promising
Promising

Post by Lennon » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:36 am

Your disclaimer is laughable TD.

You're basically saying "I'm not racist, but...." which is an embarrassing and common tactic of mild racists.

Did you really need to mention the ethnicity of the perpetrator?

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:42 am

I'm not having this. TD has issued a friendly warning and to tell us all that his wife has been a theft victim in Asda and he gets jumped on for his wording.

Leave it.
Businesswoman of the year.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:46 am

Lennon wrote:Your disclaimer is laughable TD.

You're basically saying "I'm not racist, but...." which is an embarrassing and common tactic of mild racists.

Did you really need to mention the ethnicity of the perpetrator?
He merely says the perpetrator is of "foreign extraction". In most cases this would be unnessecary and unhelpful but here it is a warning to others a description of the perpetrator so others can watch out they don't fall for the same thing.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:03 am

Better still, sign me off chaps. I'm sick of forum bullying tactics and nit-picking trouble-makers. Get a bit pxxxed off at self-righteous wonderguys who must be short of something to do when they need to make mountains from every molehill. Have a close look at yourself fellas. Are you really that wonderful?

To the decent folk here, it's been nice knowing you. To the rest, Fxxk you. Had enough.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:13 am

Same subject going down the same road as all the others. It's going nowhere but into a slanging match about rasism etc, which will no doubt have members at each others throats.

Thread locked.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!