Morning all, Happy New Year.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Son of Jardel
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Son of Jardel » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:08 pm

Ended up in the lovely club that is Bergeracs until it closed at 6. Didn't get in til 8. I'm just a hardcore party animal. :pissed:

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:32 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:
Daxter wrote:And finally to try a different haircut. :D
you gonna grow some hair?
Yes.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:34 pm

:lol:

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:48 pm

I'm in Ushuaia. End of the year at the end of the world.
Last night is a little hazy. I think I got drunk. I'm almost sober now...
Happy new year to everyone...
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:42 pm

Just about recovered from last night, which involved the local boozer, crashing a party down the street and finally crawling to bed about five.

Resolutions: give up smoking, pass driving test, tour Wales to promote album.

Happy new year to y'all. Spread happiness.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:12 pm

Happy New Year all :mrgreen:

Tumbled in sometime around 3am and have managed to be hangover free 8)

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:23 pm

A dutifully quiet one for me. My girlfriend fractured her tibial plateau (?) when we went skiing last week, so she's pretty immobile at the moment.

A bit boring, but it cost me nothing and I was up for golf this morning, so not all bad.... :roll:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:29 pm

Pretty quiet night in front of the telly with the other half and a couple of beers while the little 'un was tucked up in bed. Not my usual NYE but a surprisingly enjoyable change (plus the massive amount of money saved is always a bonus!)

Happy New Year one and all.
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Leyther_Matt wrote:Pretty quiet night in front of the telly with the other half and a couple of beers while the little 'un was tucked up in bed. Not my usual NYE but a surprisingly enjoyable change (plus the massive amount of money saved is always a bonus!)

Happy New Year one and all.
That's it - it feels miserable at first, but we actually had a pretty good night in, and the feeling of what I didn't spend this morning was tremendous! :oops:
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:38 pm

Had a bit of an eventful new year. Went to a friends house in Wythenshawe, about 10 of us, for a nice quiet drink. Got to about 11.30pm and the 'quiet' drink had turned into two guys arguing after a few too many, which then got quite messy when girlfriends and stuff got involved. All these shenanigans meant we actually missed the new year! A group of us got very p*ssed off with people being complete twonks and ended up walking to frigging Eccles getting to bed about 5.30. Realised i couldn't afford a taxi home today so I walked it from eccles to farnworth, got in about an hour ago and im fooking shattered.

Anywho, happy new year all :) may it bring the best for you and the best out of you!
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

durham_wanderer
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by durham_wanderer » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:03 am

Verbal wrote:Had a bit of an eventful new year. Went to a friends house in Wythenshawe, about 10 of us, for a nice quiet drink. Got to about 11.30pm and the 'quiet' drink had turned into two guys arguing after a few too many, which then got quite messy when girlfriends and stuff got involved. All these shenanigans meant we actually missed the new year! A group of us got very p*ssed off with people being complete twonks and ended up walking to frigging Eccles getting to bed about 5.30. Realised i couldn't afford a taxi home today so I walked it from eccles to farnworth, got in about an hour ago and im fooking shattered.

Anywho, happy new year all :) may it bring the best for you and the best out of you!

:shock: :shock: Fooking hell!! And i thought i was hardcore when I walked from howfen to heaton on crimbo eve!! Big house party at a mates house, ex girlfriend there which ruined it a bit but still got stupidly drunk. Drove home from manchester this mornin still way over the limit, macdonalds and then bed. Very glad the derby game wasn't at 3pm this afternoon

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:20 am

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:
Leyther_Matt wrote:Pretty quiet night in front of the telly with the other half and a couple of beers while the little 'un was tucked up in bed. Not my usual NYE but a surprisingly enjoyable change (plus the massive amount of money saved is always a bonus!)
That's it - it feels miserable at first, but we actually had a pretty good night in, and the feeling of what I didn't spend this morning was tremendous! :oops:
I never used to enjoy going out on NYE, and since the Barnettas came along in 2001 I've not been able to. I've thoroughly enjoyed avoiding six-deep bar queues, fiver door fees and folk who've had one over the eight. As such I didn't particularly want to go out this time, even though the nippers are in God's country with their grandparents (they had a great time watching the midnight fireworks over Bolton from their aunty's up on the hill in Breightmet), but Mrs Barnet persuaded me and thankfully our local was quiet enough to sit in, friendly enough to chat in and potent enough to get politely trollied in...

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:34 am

Aye, I agree DSB. The older I've got the less I've enjoyed new years eve. I had a nice relaxing evening this time, just staying in and avoiding the herds.

Well, I say it was relaxing but it certainly wasn't quiet - the people in the house behind us had what can only be described as an all night rave in a small marquee in their back garden; I went to sleep at about 2am and they were still going for it then.
Businesswoman of the year.

blurred
Icon
Icon

Post by blurred » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:43 am

Worked out that the last time I went out for a NYE was either 2000 or possibly 2001. Since then I've just avoided heading into village/town/city and had various do's at home with mates. Infinitely preferable as you avoid paying in to the same place that's free for 364 days a year, massive queues at the bar and then a 2 hour wait for a taxi home.

I had 10 or so round at mine this year, which was about the perfect size; a couple of folks with their nippers toddled off and left 6 of us to see in the new year. Many a beer was drunk, and we were all up in time for bacon sarnies and the Fulham-Chelsea game whilst slouched on the sofas.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:02 am

HNY!

went to a chinese, 30 of us in total, when we decided to just split the bar bill evenly it turned into chaos, people throwing as much down their necks as possible - we were all that pissed, we left before the main course, and i dont recall midnight whatsoever.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:49 pm

How come people that go out on New Years Eve automatically assume the title of 'reveller'? I've never heard this term being applied to anyone else or at any other time. :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:How come people that go out on New Years Eve automatically assume the title of 'reveller'? I've never heard this term being applied to anyone else or at any other time. :conf:
I know, it's like being described as a sweaty, Pill munching, glo-stick waving tosser!!

They must have been watching me!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:20 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:How come people that go out on New Years Eve automatically assume the title of 'reveller'? I've never heard this term being applied to anyone else or at any other time. :conf:
Think it more applies to the crowds who jump in fountains in public places at midnight than your average "out on the town" type. It originated certainly before New Year became just another night for binge-drinkers and gangs of idiots hell-bent on kicking seven colours out of each other.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Think it more applies to the crowds who jump in fountains in public places at midnight than your average "out on the town" type. It originated certainly before New Year became just another night for binge-drinkers and gangs of idiots hell-bent on kicking seven colours out of each other.
Naaaaaa, they are all in Iraq and Afganistan this year.
YOU CLIMB OBSTACLES LIKE OLD PEOPLE FXCK!!!!!!!!!!!

americantrotter
Passionate
Passionate

Post by americantrotter » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:47 pm

Happy New Year folks. Had a quiet night in with the new girlfriend and another couple. Managed to drink quite a few beers and avoid hurting anyone's feelings so all in all a success.

Also gave up smoking for new years's which at this point totally sucks.