Morning all, Happy New Year.

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Morning all, Happy New Year.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:57 am

Just about coming round from New Years Eve revelling. Wife's frying some nice Lincolnshire sausages right now so that should see me right shortly. Happy New Year to you all. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

warthog
Passionate
Passionate

Post by warthog » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:09 pm

All the best to everyone. Well, almost everyone.

No revelling for Hog as I'm poorly sick at the moment. It must be the first time since I was 14 that I haven't had a drink on New Years Eve. Spent the evening in front of the TV watching the Python fest on Channel 4 and Jules Holland's Hootenay show which was pretty good apart from Kate Nash. That woman should have her vocal cords cut.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:11 pm

Aye, happy new year to you too Tango, and to everyone else as well. I'm about to tuck into a full English myself, it's just what's needed today I reckon to draw a line under the Christmas break.

Back to work and starting another diet tomorrow. :cry:
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:37 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:Aye, happy new year to you too Tango, and to everyone else as well. I'm about to tuck into a full English myself, it's just what's needed today I reckon to draw a line under the Christmas break.
Well, commiserations to Hog for being out of it, but what did you (and everybody else ) do last night? What did you all get up to, home, pub, club, relations, meal, .....what. Oh, and how do you feel this morning?

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jan 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Happy new year all.

Going back to bed, think the food we had last night was dodgy, as my heads ringin, stomachs churning, and my breath smells like a Rhino on heat.... :oops:

Theres always Derby to look forward to though :roll:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:21 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
CrazyHorse wrote:Aye, happy new year to you too Tango, and to everyone else as well. I'm about to tuck into a full English myself, it's just what's needed today I reckon to draw a line under the Christmas break.
Well, commiserations to Hog for being out of it, but what did you (and everybody else ) do last night? What did you all get up to, home, pub, club, relations, meal, .....what. Oh, and how do you feel this morning?
We put our daughter to bed at the usual time but we let Horse junior stay up till about half ten - we watched Batman on DVD; it was his first time he's seen it. Then me and the wife watched telly including the Take That thing on ITV. I think I had about five bottles of beer all told so I woke up feeling nice and peachy this morning - which is a first in about twenty years. :D
Businesswoman of the year.

FaninOz
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FaninOz » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Happy New Year to everyone from Australia, may 2008 bring you and yours Health, Happiness and Prosperity. And that goes for the Wanderers as well.
Depression is just a state of mind, supporting Bolton is also a state of mind hence supporting Bolton must be depressing QED

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:37 pm

Haven't had a drink all New Year.

Mown down with Viral Bronchitis and miserable as f*ck.

If we don't get 3 points tomorrow, I'll be sooooo p*ssed off!

oh, Happy New Year. :evil:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:53 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
We put our daughter to bed at the usual time but we let Horse junior stay up till about half ten - we watched Batman on DVD; it was his first time he's seen it. Then me and the wife watched telly including the Take That thing on ITV. I think I had about five bottles of beer all told so I woke up feeling nice and peachy this morning - which is a first in about twenty years. :D
Aye, I was in remarkably good shape this morning for a New Years day. Daughter and Son-in-law have a couple of young foster kids and they couldn't go out, so we went down there. Had a nice steak meal and played some records then did a couple of TV games, "Millionaire" and some 80's pop quiz or other, till the New Year. Let that in then got the Dirty Dancing music going and acted the prat till 2-0, at which time our taxi arrived. We'd got through three bottles of wine and quite a few beers along the way, so, home, mug of tea, two paracetamol and bed. All in all a pleasant and enjoyable night. :D

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:20 pm

You are all too cheerful! Try to be a little quieter. It's 9.00 am here and I didn't get to bed until after 3.00. Of course old guys can't sleep in after a late night quite the way we did when we were young. We just go round feeling we have needles in our eyes for the rest of the day.

Still, all the best to everyone (including the Hog) for 2008. The Wanderers have turned the corner and things will get better just like they will for my Montreal Canadiens.

:oyea:
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:26 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:You are all too cheerful! Try to be a little quieter. It's 9.00 am here and I didn't get to bed until after 3.00. Of course old guys can't sleep in after a late night quite the way we did when we were young. We just go round feeling we have needles in our eyes for the rest of the day.

Still, all the best to everyone (including the Hog) for 2008. The Wanderers have turned the corner and things will get better just like they will for my Montreal Canadiens.:oyea:
Should that not be "Canadians", Monty? Just asking. :wink:

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:42 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Montreal Wanderer wrote:You are all too cheerful! Try to be a little quieter. It's 9.00 am here and I didn't get to bed until after 3.00. Of course old guys can't sleep in after a late night quite the way we did when we were young. We just go round feeling we have needles in our eyes for the rest of the day.

Still, all the best to everyone (including the Hog) for 2008. The Wanderers have turned the corner and things will get better just like they will for my Montreal Canadiens.:oyea:
It's a fair question, but no - it is the Canadiens because the team is from a French-speaking city and province, and that's how the French spell it.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Happy new year to Tango and everyone else at T-W.

Went round a friends and had a little too much to drink. Sleep from about 4 to 7:30 then walked home. Sleep again untill about 1.45.

Anybody got any new years resolutions? I've got loads that hopefully I'll stick to.

1. Time to get another part time job.

2. Join a Gym.

3. A more healthy, balanced diet.

And finally to try a different haircut. :D

How about you?

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:44 pm

Had 4 hours sleep on a wooden floor, feel surprisingly upbeat but I'll crash and pass out after teatime probably.
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:48 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:

It's a fair question, but no - it is the Canadiens because the team is from a French-speaking city and province, and that's how the French spell it.
Touche. :wink:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:19 pm

I feel very bad still havent gone to bed. Happy new year and all that.

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:52 pm

went to the outlaws in Widnes

played Wii and Buzz Sports with the missus' nephews etc and I f ucking battered them at every one (they are 7 and 8ish)

woke up this mornin, had a brew and some cheese on toast, felt right as rain.

Super_Kevin_Davies
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Super_Kevin_Davies » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:13 pm

Well I was supposed to be out partying in Bolton until stupid o'clock in the morning (taking the dancefloor by storm in New York, New York as per usual :wink: !!!), instead I saw the New Year in with the dog and a bottle of Bollinger... not too shabby!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:41 pm

I was down in the sleepy Derbyshire village of Rosliston. Here, to be exact:

May the bridges I burn light your way

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Daxter wrote:And finally to try a different haircut. :D
you gonna grow some hair?