Best Snack & Drink At The Match

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Athers
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Athers » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:03 pm

RMI drew 1-1 at Fulham and lost 2-0 at Hilton Park in the replay in front of 7,500! Keegan said Felgate's performance in the first match was the best he'd ever seen..
http://www.twitter.com/dan_athers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:22 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Tango'll know, he's a Farny type.
If it had been the Farnworth Axfords there a natty little bakers near the Canary on Plodder Lane (buggered if I can remember the name) that's still open, and their bread and pies are pretty fair. Best one in Bolton for a general selection of pies is on Newport Street, down towards Trinity Street end (the one with the little baker fella in the window) superb, beats the Greegs and Greehalgh's into am cocked hat.

Anybody remember the legendary "Garvins" on Halliwell Road? Long gone now, but they were the best.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Leyther_Matt
Reliable
Reliable

Post by Leyther_Matt » Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Athers wrote:RMI drew 1-1 at Fulham and lost 2-0 at Hilton Park in the replay in front of 7,500! Keegan said Felgate's performance in the first match was the best he'd ever seen..
And there was me thinking it was my cue, Athers! :(

Don't think Felgate was working at the bakery as he owned a building firm at the time, he might well have had a bit of sponsorship from them though as he went on a sponsored trollydash down the pie aisle at Asda with Sky!

Felgs' performance in the first game was a joy to behold, I must say. Absolutely unbelievable, although the less said about how a certain T-W fared in a half-time penalty shoot out on the pitch at the Cottage that day, the better! :oops:
This is the rhythm of Zat Knight

Mitch
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Mitch » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:09 pm

I hadn't come across a butter pie until I started working in Preston a couple of years back, bit like a meat 'n' tater without the meat really. I noticed the potato, cheese and butter on sale at the match the other week and, in the interests of research you understand, I had to give one a go and I've got to say ... yummy! Was no more 'greasy' than a meat or a meat and 'tato so if you're into pies, give it a do :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Anybody remember the legendary "Garvins" on Halliwell Road? Long gone now, but they were the best.
I'm not so sure as to whether I do or I don't, Tango, in that I do remember there being a quite splendid pie shop about half way up on the right (or halfway down on the left) on a corner on the other side of the road from around about Derbyshires (purveyors of he'll-grow-into-it school uniforms) but I don't know what it was called. No doubt the premises are now a nail boutique or a tanning salon called something really cheesy like Tantastic or Tantazia.
Mitch wrote:I hadn't come across a butter pie until I started working in Preston a couple of years back, bit like a meat 'n' tater without the meat really. I noticed the potato, cheese and butter on sale at the match the other week and, in the interests of research you understand, I had to give one a go and I've got to say ... yummy! Was no more 'greasy' than a meat or a meat and 'tato so if you're into pies, give it a do
I'm not so sure that I can trust your research there, Mitch, and shall conduct my own at the Pompey match. :wink:

Oh, another top pie shop is in Kearsley. I think it's called Wilsons (though I may be wrong) and they do a steak and kidney to die for. Yum and indeed yum.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Feb 03, 2008 4:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote: I'm not so sure as to whether I do or I don't, Tango, in that I do remember there being a quite splendid pie shop about half way up on the right (or halfway down on the left) on a corner on the other side of the road from around about Derbyshires (purveyors of he'll-grow-into-it school uniforms) but I don't know what it was called. No doubt the premises are now a nail boutique or a tanning salon called something really cheesy like Tantastic or Tantazia.
Hmm. Now you got me going Bruce. Derbyshires I remeber well, but I'll have to have a think on that one. :|
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Electric Gretar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Electric Gretar » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:52 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote: I'm not so sure as to whether I do or I don't, Tango, in that I do remember there being a quite splendid pie shop about half way up on the right (or halfway down on the left) on a corner on the other side of the road from around about Derbyshires (purveyors of he'll-grow-into-it school uniforms) but I don't know what it was called. No doubt the premises are now a nail boutique or a tanning salon called something really cheesy like Tantastic or Tantazia.
Hmm. Now you got me going Bruce. Derbyshires I remeber well, but I'll have to have a think on that one. :|
yeah i remember it, bloody good too. An owd dear used to make em. Not sure what it is now though, probably a knocking shop! On another note for butter pies try Kirks on blackburn rd. there is one shop next door to the VBQ and one next to the post office near asda turn off. They are quite divine.