Empire Awards

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Empire Awards

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:53 pm

(ITV2, now)

As far as award shows go Empire is the most credible i find, with it being Readers votes etc that decide the winners - although i seldom agree with them, for instance, how the hell is Hot Fuzz funnier than Superbad?

Anyway, its a good show, and my missus mate is there, she is called Jo Hartley, and appeared in 'This is England' as the young kids mother with the tragic perm. o we have our fingers crossed for them, plus Shane Meadows deserves some more recognition.

Dunno if anyones watching it but when Sam Riley was given the award for best new comer for Control, the music as he went up to the stage was 'ever fallen in love with someone' by the buzzcocks, bit amatuer that no?

Batman

Post by Batman » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Hot Fuzz was shit.

Good call on Shane Meadows, just watched Once Upon a Time in the Midlands, it was superb, but not a patch on Dead Man's Shoes or This is England.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:13 pm

Batman wrote:Hot Fuzz was shit.

Good call on Shane Meadows, just watched Once Upon a Time in the Midlands, it was superb, but not a patch on Dead Man's Shoes or This is England.
Yeah, Dead Mans Shoes is the ultimate, made a point of watching most of Meadows' films because A, Jo* is in some of them, and B, they are fecking ace! Also buy the dvds because of the early short films of his that are usually featured as a bonus on them. Room for Romeo Brass is quality too.

(* Jo was in Dead mans shoes too, as the wife of the bloke who's house he visits at the end, rember the scene on the stairs?)

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:29 am

Good call.

Film4 is having Shane Meadows films all week.

Room for Romeo Brass is on tonight, I think, OUATITM was last night, and Dead Man's Shoes was Sunday.

Meadows and Considine = shit hot.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:47 am

football factory was on Film4's Brit Film week last night. Possibly the worst film I've ever seen on almost any level, Danny Dyer should be taken outside and kicked to death - he, and that Hassan bloke who he's mates with and only ever plays a football hooligan, are everything that is bad about film and footy in the UK.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:18 am

communistworkethic wrote:football factory was on Film4's Brit Film week last night. Possibly the worst film I've ever seen on almost any level, Danny Dyer should be taken outside and kicked to death - he, and that Hassan bloke who he's mates with and only ever plays a football hooligan, are everything that is bad about film and footy in the UK.
It was a ridiculous film. Totally unrealistic and unbelieveable.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:20 am

communistworkethic wrote:football factory was on Film4's Brit Film week last night. Possibly the worst film I've ever seen on almost any level, Danny Dyer should be taken outside and kicked to death - he, and that Hassan bloke who he's mates with and only ever plays a football hooligan, are everything that is bad about film and footy in the UK.
true, but you obviously have not seen Green Street!? its worse, far far worse!

although as ive said before, ive nowt against Dyer, i met him once and he was sound, plus I love that film Severance.

Daxter
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Daxter » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:36 am

The Danny Dyer pisstakes vergin Media do...gold.

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:06 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:

although as ive said before, ive nowt against Dyer, i met him once and he was sound, plus I love that film Severance.
I have seen green street and severance both are poor but not as unredeemably bad as football factory

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:08 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:

I have seen green street and severance both are poor but not as unredeemably bad as football factory
Great book though. If they'd stuck more closely to that it might have been alright.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:29 pm

Batman wrote:Hot Fuzz was shit.
I think that's an understatement!

Ran Fatboy Run was schmiles better.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Except, I'd say, for that lad's coked-up scene in front of his posh bird's parents.
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Except, I'd say, for that lad's coked-up scene in front of his posh bird's parents.
talking from experience, bruce?

Batman

Post by Batman » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Severance was crap.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:02 pm

Batman wrote:Severance was crap.
brilliant.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:33 pm

communistworkethic wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
talking from experience, bruce?
Never had a posh bird in my life, mate! :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:03 am

you may live to regret that statement..........