What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 12, 2016 12:22 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Cunk on Iplayer in case you missed it. you're welcome.
Excellent stuff! Funniest thing I've watched on the Beeb since S1EP2 of Inside No9 - A quiet night in.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu May 12, 2016 12:30 pm

Beefheart wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Saving it for the weekend. Saw Diane Morgan on the streeta couple of years ago and just started slack-jawed in awe. Must have looked proper weird.

Finished community last night. Wondering how long to leave it before I watch it again.
i saw her do some low key comedy nights with Joe Wilkinson around London. shes so deadpan its incredible!

good write up on cunk here, hope its the first of many http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2016/05/1 ... kids-view/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you need to watch Julia Davis' new show 'Camping' it was on sky tho so maybe not as accessible.. worth the effort tho!

gonna commence Community next!
I love her in Nighty Night and Jam, I'll have to check this out.
yeah its classic Julia!! maybe not quite as dark as her earlier stuff but wickedly funny!!

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu May 12, 2016 12:47 pm

Also noticed that Season 11 of Always Sunny in Philadelphia is on Netflix. Was worried that it might be getting stale but if I'm laughing out loud at something I'm watching alone that's a pretty good sign.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 12, 2016 10:38 pm

Episode two of dark and dirty doings in Birmingham. The Peakies are in fine form. Paddy Considine joins in as sinister priest with a pet Doberman. All intriguing stuff....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri May 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Watched the new Ben Wheatley film, High-Rise this week, I've hated his other stuff but this was quite good. Its completely fecking mental but has some cracking acting performances in it, especially from Tom Hiddlestone and the filthy minx, Sienna Miller.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 15, 2016 8:35 am

I've no idea as to why the BBC are banging on about the Eurovision Song Contest, the whole thing's fecking dreadful. Furthermore it reminds me of a few years ago when me and my then GF were invited round to a 'Eurovision Party' by the local gay couple, and what a regrettable evening that was. All tank-topped bumboys in trousers a size too small, mincing around the place whilst clapping with flat palms and referring to all the contestants as "she" irrespective as to their gender, party poppers and crazy string, all to the accompaniment of the television as it wailed out a consecutive dirge of utterly horrific song entries from around the globe. Only sparkling Rose to drink and quiches the size of a two pence piece to eat. An evening of my life that I'll never get back. An horrendous evening.
May the bridges I burn light your way

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Sun May 15, 2016 11:47 am

Hahaha haha! Wish I could've seen your face.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 15, 2016 5:55 pm

This rarely if happens to me. I've just found myself absolutely gripped by just a few clips. Mark Kermode has just reviewed a film called 'Mustang' on the BBC news channel. It's about the struggle of four sisters in northen Turkey. Isn't out until mid-July but I've reserved it.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 19, 2016 7:59 pm

Episode three of Peaky Blinders. BBC 2 9-0'clock.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu May 19, 2016 9:47 pm

Fear The Walking Dead.
It's a bit shit.
I initially mistyped Dead as Deaf. I know have an idea for my first screenplay.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 19, 2016 10:09 pm

"On a gathering storm comes
a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat with
a red right hand"

One strange fella is that Tommy Shelby.... :wink:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu May 19, 2016 10:33 pm

LeverEnd wrote:Fear The Walking Dead.
It's a bit shit.
I initially mistyped Dead as Deaf. I know have an idea for my first screenplay.

You also appear to have Bobos phone!

Just been catching up on The Secret on it with James Nesbitt. Bloody gripping and well worth watching
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 19, 2016 10:39 pm

Girl Friday recommended I take out a film called Hush, so I did. Turns out there are two films called Hush and I obviously ordered the wrong one. Just spent 90 mins watching some absolute shite that puts itself forward as a suspense thriller. Set on the M1 as a skint-dog's Duel starring actors with Rochdale accents. Deary me.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu May 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Girl Friday recommended I take out a film called Hush, so I did. Turns out there are two films called Hush and I obviously ordered the wrong one. Just spent 90 mins watching some absolute shite that puts itself forward as a suspense thriller. Set on the M1 as a skint-dog's Duel starring actors with Rochdale accents. Deary me.
If you're still casting round for films, see if you can get hold of In The Soup (the one with Steve Buscemi in case there's another of the same title). It needs to be the black and white version - it was never intended to be shown in colour but that's how it went out on VHS.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu May 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Little Green Man wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Girl Friday recommended I take out a film called Hush, so I did. Turns out there are two films called Hush and I obviously ordered the wrong one. Just spent 90 mins watching some absolute shite that puts itself forward as a suspense thriller. Set on the M1 as a skint-dog's Duel starring actors with Rochdale accents. Deary me.
If you're still casting round for films, see if you can get hold of In The Soup (the one with Steve Buscemi in case there's another of the same title). It needs to be the black and white version - it was never intended to be shown in colour but that's how it went out on VHS.
Nice one, Greeny. Will do. Top fella.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Thu May 19, 2016 11:01 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Little Green Man wrote:
Nice one, Greeny. Will do. Top fella.
Don't get your hopes up. The few people I've recommended it to have been a bit meh about it. W@nkers to a man (and woman) though as it's my favourite film.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 20, 2016 12:37 am

Something a bit familiar about the background here. Birmingham..nah... :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri May 20, 2016 12:53 am

It's f*cking mint.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Fri May 20, 2016 9:16 am

Put first episode on Netflix last night. Didn't like it at all and switched off after half an hour. Loads telling me it's great so might try again if I can be arsed.

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri May 20, 2016 9:21 am

LeverEnd wrote:Put first episode on Netflix last night. Didn't like it at all and switched off after half an hour. Loads telling me it's great so might try again if I can be arsed.

Peaky Blinders? Persevere for God's sake.