What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Jul 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Watched the latest 2020 "Hollywooded" version of Jane Austen's novel "Emma." The reviews include "Racy, sexy, swoon, comedy "Just the sort of film we need" etc etc. Not one I need I'm afraid. Kate Beckinsale and Mark Strong did a great job of the same thing a few years back and stuck to the story. This is pure piffle; One man's meat etc...Wish I hadn't bothered .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:44 am

Watched The Gray Man last night. If you're up for a storyline as shallow as a puddle yet made needlessly complicated, with lots of fighting, shootings, CGI explosions and collateral damage, then fill your boots.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Jul 25, 2022 12:11 pm

When in need of a good laugh, I go here..

https://gold.uktv.co.uk/royle-family/vi ... no-5-2000/

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 10:44 am
Watched The Gray Man last night. If you're up for a storyline as shallow as a puddle yet made needlessly complicated, with lots of fighting, shootings, CGI explosions and collateral damage, then fill your boots.
Watched that Friday Bruce. Really enjoyed it. Nothing at all to think about.

Another one I watched last night was Spiderhead with Chris Hemsworth. Bonkers nonsense.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 1:18 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Another one I watched last night was Spiderhead with Chris Hemsworth. Bonkers nonsense.
I'm with Bruce. Even the presence of Ana de Armas didn't improve things <---- not words I ever thought I'd use :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:02 pm

Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I'm with Bruce. Even the presence of Ana de Armas didn't improve things <---- not words I ever thought I'd use :D
I agree too. She fiiiiine!

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Mon Jul 25, 2022 8:52 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:02 pm
Abdoulaye's Twin wrote:
Mon Jul 25, 2022 2:39 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I agree too. She fiiiiine!
:mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:49 am

Watched the first episode of The Undeclared War last night. Excellent stuff. Basically, GCHQ comes under a cyber attack from Russia in the 'near-future', and I guess the remaining episodes (C4 catch up thingy) will deal with retaliation, subsequent escalation and consequence.

Really looking forward to getting stuck into the rest of this, and Mark Rylance hasn't even come into it yet. :)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:18 am

I watched The Man From Toronto last night

Woody Harrelson and Kevin Hart

One or two Lol's but otherwise an untaxing romp.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:17 am

Edit.

The Commonwealth Games opening ceremony isn't on T.V Friday as advertised, it's tonight on B.B.C.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:14 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:17 am
Edit.

The Commonwealth Games opening ceremony isn't on T.V Friday as advertised, it's tonight on B.B.C.
Looking forward to this. They haven't half done some work on the Alexander Stadium. It was an absolute shithole the last time I went past it. Talking of shitholes, it's nice to see that they've sited the Aquatics Centre in Smethwick.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:58 pm

There have been so many outstanding England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales achievements this last few weeks , both as countries and Great Britain, that it's hard to know where to start. The absolutely stupefying skills of out gymnasts has to stand out. The just won the team gymnastics gold at the European Championships and also the 4OO metres gold in the mens relay, but the overall contribution of all our athletes just has to be praised to the skies. Liz MaColgan took bronze in the 5,000 metres and Little Laura Muir got gold in the 1500 metres. Fantastic. :pray:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:47 am

Just started a re-watch last night (third time around on I.T.V Hub ) of the three part version of the Jane Austen spoof film "Lost in Austen". This is a modern take on Austen's Pride and Prejudice ( how dare they?) and I surprise my self (a true Jane Austen devotee") by finding it as thoroughly enjoyable as ever. Language and humour a bit ( a lot actually) too racy/earthy (G.G. take note) for kids watching it, but clever, funny and imaginative in a fantasy way, totally unlike the Bridget Jones nonsense versions. Jemima Rooper is a perfect choice for the modern day heroine and Gemma Atherton lovely as her Regency counterpart.

Part two tonight.. Highly recommended for a feet up laid back "brain in neutral" cheese and wine night. Go on, I dare you... :D

Edit. It's now on I.T.V Hub, not B.B.C as I stated. Apologies. :oops:

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Sep 04, 2022 7:42 pm

Watched Woodstock 99 on Netflix this weekend. It's decent. Some great footage and the creeping realisation that everything's about to go very badly wrong.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 04, 2022 9:12 pm

Reacher..First Dance. First Jack Reacher film without Tom Cruise. A big, believable hero type, Alan Ritchson takes over and I'll give it a watch now. Never could see Cruise as six feet five Reacher.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:16 pm

And finished the Reacher film. The usual mix of crash,bang, wallop but the new guy is the Reacher of Lee Child's books, big as a barn door tough as teak and no nonsense. Not somebody you'd want to fall out with. I might be tempted to look out for the next one as no brain required entertainment. :D

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:41 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:16 pm
And finished the Reacher film. The usual mix of crash,bang, wallop but the new guy is the Reacher of Lee Child's books, big as a barn door tough as teak and no nonsense. Not somebody you'd want to fall out with. I might be tempted to look out for the next one as no brain required entertainment. :D
Tango, have you seen the TV series on Netflix? Just called Reacher

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:41 am

Yes mate. That's the one I mentioned above. I have hopes it may do the trick. Time will tell. I tried to watch the latest Bond film, it's absolute piffle. Time to put the Beretta away James. I've also seen a couple of the latest Tom Clancy's "Jack Ryan" films which are better. I think I may be getting a bit too old for the stunt man action scene. Maybe I should start over again with the Famous Five. :D

p.s. Just started watching "The Looming Tower", based on the Bin Laden story. Looks promising

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:00 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:

Yes mate. That's the one I mentioned above. I have hopes it may do the trick. Time will tell. I tried to watch the latest Bond film, it's absolute piffle. Time to put the Beretta away James. I've also seen a couple of the latest Tom Clancy's "Jack Ryan" films which are better. I think I may be getting a bit too old for the stunt man action scene. Maybe I should start over again with the Famous Five. :D

p.s. Just started watching "The Looming Tower", based on the Bin Laden story. Looks promising
My misunderstanding. Thought it was a stand alone film you were referring to. Yes, a much more believable Reacher. In a similar vein to Daniel Craig as Bond. I quite liked No Time To Die. Thought it rounded off the story well.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:10 am

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 10:00 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:25 am
Gary the Enfield wrote:

My misunderstanding. Thought it was a stand alone film you were referring to. Yes, a much more believable Reacher. In a similar vein to Daniel Craig as Bond. I quite liked No Time To Die. Thought it rounded off the story well.
Looming Tower was decent enough.

Reacher in the series is better, though lacks the quiet menace.

Bond is shit, however, it has Ana de Armas in it :mrgreen: