What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:44 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:Anyway, All The Presidents Men is on at 9 on some funny cable channel near film4.
why did i choose this night to be stuck in the library? "Need" to see this film, and read the book.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:44 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruno wrote:So what didn't you like about Zatoichi? I found it most watchable.
I wrote: "So very bad it was brilliant". I watched it because the actors all looked like something out of a Charlie Chaplin film, I didn't anywhere say I didn't like it or I'd have switched it off.
So what did you like about Zatoichi? I found it most watchable.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:56 pm

Verbal wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:Anyway, All The Presidents Men is on at 9 on some funny cable channel near film4.
why did i choose this night to be stuck in the library? "Need" to see this film, and read the book.
Watched Frost/Nixon the other night for the first time. Cracking stuff, the seeds of the modern failure in politics is all right there.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Is that one that's worth watching, LK?
Very yes. Surely you've seen it before, Bruce? Its 9 on TCM, BTW.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:09 pm

Bruno wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruno wrote:So what didn't you like about Zatoichi? I found it most watchable.
I wrote: "So very bad it was brilliant". I watched it because the actors all looked like something out of a Charlie Chaplin film, I didn't anywhere say I didn't like it or I'd have switched it off.
So what did you like about Zatoichi? I found it most watchable.
So you said. Pass on.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Crikey, you're hard work.

I'm currently in a room with that stupid jungle programme on - I'm going to have to leave.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:15 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Billie Piper always reminds me of Bingo out of the Banana Splits.

that is SPOT and indeed ON!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Bruno wrote:Crikey, you're hard work.

I'm currently in a room with that stupid jungle programme on - I'm going to have to leave.
Just to save you the indignity of being like El Coronel: I studied martial arts years ago. I like Ninja/Samurai films and appreciate the skills that go into fights of the most mundane sort. I liked Hero, House of Flying daggers, The Last Samurai and years ago, Kung Fu, etc, because I like the Japanese/Chinese/Korean cultures that went with the lives of Samurai etc, most of whom were poets, painters, gardeners etc. Same applies with the Shaolin and there views on life. I have also read The Book of Five Rings and many others. The action filming and special effects in these films are superb. Hope this answers your question.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:24 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Just to save you the indignity of being like El Coronel: I studied martial arts years ago. I like Ninja/Samurai films and appreciate the skills that go into fights of the most mundane sort. I liked Hero, House of Flying daggers, The Last Samurai and years ago, Kung Fu, etc, because I like the Japanese/Chinese/Korean cultures that went with the lives of Samurai etc, most of whom were poets, painters, gardeners etc. Same applies with the Shaolin and there views on life. I have also read The Book of Five Rings and many others. The action filming and special effects in these films are superb. Hope this answers your question.
what about Cato in the Pink Panther films? 8)

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:33 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:

Very much so, indeed I have also studied martial arts, especially the work of Yuen Woo-Ping and the wire-fu gang. See, that wasn't so hard was it?

If you like those films (ignoring the aberration that was Last Samurai) then I recommend you check out the new Jet Li film, Red Cliff.

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:42 pm

In the spirit of our new-found friendship I've put Hero back on, to erase all memory of that bloody jungle thing.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:45 pm

Just watched 'Moon' - not really into my sci fi, but really enjoyed this! very good.

District 9 next...

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:47 pm

I loved District 9, it was fantastic - pretty funny too.

GIT YOR FOKKIN TINTICKLE OFF ME PRAWN

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:00 pm

well was gonna put that on next, but also have frost/nixon which is tempting me now its been mentioned, got Public Enemies to go at too, and im still working my way through The Wire - oh and i have Eastern Promises on sky plus to watch. arrrgghhh????

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:05 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:well was gonna put that on next, but also have frost/nixon which is tempting me now its been mentioned, got Public Enemies to go at too, and im still working my way through The Wire - oh and i have Eastern Promises on sky plus to watch. arrrgghhh????
The Wire >>> District 9 >>> Easter Promises >>> Public Enemies.

In my opinion.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:16 pm

Bruno wrote:In the spirit of our new-found friendship I've put Hero back on, to erase all memory of that bloody jungle thing.
I don't even know if they're still in print, but you should look out for two books "What is Karate?" and "This is Karate" by Mazatatsu Oyama. This guy is freakingly frightening. Amongst the things he did (photographed in the books) are: butting a telegraph pole with his head until it actually moved, removing the horn of a fighting bull with a sword hand strike and cracking the skull of the same bull (which was x-rayed as proof.) He used to sit under a waterfall to meditate, and, on his habit of hitting sand, rice and pebbles with his fists and fingertips, came out with the following: "Not recommended for those who play piano or violin". :D

Bruno
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Bruno » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Bruno wrote:In the spirit of our new-found friendship I've put Hero back on, to erase all memory of that bloody jungle thing.
I don't even know if they're still in print, but you should look out for two books "What is Karate?" and "This is Karate" by Mazatatsu Oyama. This guy is freakingly frightening. Amongst the things he did (photographed in the books) are: butting a telegraph pole with his head until it actually moved, removing the horn of a fighting bull with a sword hand strike and cracking the skull of the same bull (which was x-rayed as proof.) He used to sit under a waterfall to meditate, and, on his habit of hitting sand, rice and pebbles with his fists and fingertips, came out with the following: "Not recommended for those who play piano or violin". :D
That sounds quite superb!

ratbert
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ratbert » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:23 am

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Billie Piper always reminds me of Bingo out of the Banana Splits.

Bet you both would though.

Zulus Thousand of em
Icon
Icon

Post by Zulus Thousand of em » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:57 am

ratbert wrote:
thebish wrote:

Bet you both would though.
What, Bingo?! :shock:
God's country! God's county!
God's town! God's team!!
How can we fail?

COME ON YOU WHITES!!

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:15 pm

B.J. and teabag all in one sesh!