What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:59 am

Caved in and watched True Detective. The best pilot I've ever seen. Didn't quite get a few of the bits due to my shitty hearing but read over it on wiki.

Then I found out its starting on Sky on the 22nd of February. Not sure I can wait that long.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:22 am

hi there, i'm chris wrote:Caved in and watched True Detective. The best pilot I've ever seen. Didn't quite get a few of the bits due to my shitty hearing but read over it on wiki.

Then I found out its starting on Sky on the 22nd of February. Not sure I can wait that long.
Also watched it last night. looking forward to the rest. McConaughey's mumbling is hard work it must be said.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:18 am

this is in no way sexist or misogynist, but what about the rack on Woody's mistress!!!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:34 am

Also saw Inside Llewyn Davis (ew) last night.

Came out of it feeling pleased with the film but not overwhelmed. However I've not really thought of anything else since. Weird one. Claws its way into you.

Might try and see it again sometime before i make a proper judgement. The first 20 minutes i was like "oh this is going to be terrible" but once the film and I settled then it became rather charming, in a melancholic way. A few missteps with some of the 'comedy' but that's a relatively minor gripe. John Goodman's bit was a bit :| towards its end. But would like to see it again. Got under me skin
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:23 pm

was good to watch being already familiar with the songs too.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:02 pm

yeah. And I think to the film's credit the songs never felt tacked on, and instead formed a part of the story.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Prufrock wrote:Watched the first two Benefit Streets the other night after Crayons' recco. Properly sad, and fairly balanced I thought (for C4 anyway).

A few proper wankers, and few gratuitous shots of big TVs, lots of touching moments of genuine people struggling. Some of it was proper touching. 50p man, and Fungi in particular.

But still, folk can pay 5k for a candelabra, so it's working.
Caught up with last nights episode earlier. You know, for all the debate about benefits, food banks, cuts etc the biggest question surely has to be - "Who knocked this up"?

"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:47 pm

... and that, Harry, is a REAL question.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:19 pm

We watched Sunshine on Leith. Such a sweet, sentimental, good-hearted movie. I loved it. We all did! :D

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:53 pm

William the White wrote:We watched Sunshine on Leith. Such a sweet, sentimental, good-hearted movie. I loved it. We all did! :D

Properly ace isn't it. I told everybody I know to go see it but nobody did. Came out of that with a sore jaw from grinning and a spring in my step!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:31 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Watched the first two Benefit Streets the other night after Crayons' recco. Properly sad, and fairly balanced I thought (for C4 anyway).

A few proper wankers, and few gratuitous shots of big TVs, lots of touching moments of genuine people struggling. Some of it was proper touching. 50p man, and Fungi in particular.

But still, folk can pay 5k for a candelabra, so it's working.
Caught up with last nights episode earlier. You know, for all the debate about benefits, food banks, cuts etc the biggest question surely has to be - "Who knocked this up"?

Feck off, leave White Dee alone!

But yeah.

She's sound though.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:22 am

Prufrock wrote:
Harry Genshaw wrote: Caught up with last nights episode earlier. You know, for all the debate about benefits, food banks, cuts etc the biggest question surely has to be - "Who knocked this up"?

But yeah.

She's sound though.
Are those notches on her arm? like as in world war one aircraft that had silhouettes of aircraft they'd shot down painted on their nosecones, only she's had a mate give her a 'tat' for each excursion into bag over head territory.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:09 am

Prufrock wrote:

But yeah.

She's sound though.
Really? She comes across worse to me in that program than anyone else....

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:07 pm

Just seen 12 years a slave. Not sure what to say. Is it odd to want the soundtrack?

Also, what is with people checking their phones during films at the cinema? So distracting.

jaffka
Legend
Legend

Post by jaffka » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:15 pm

Watched benefits street the other night, what disgusted me was when it was dark and her son returned home without his bike she sent him back out on his own whilst crying to find it. The camera then panned to her sat on her settee on her PC, not a care in the world.

Scum, pure and utter scum.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:33 pm

Watched Nelson Mandela at Cineworld. I thought it was very powerful. But don't know how much I was projecting onto it having been involved a little in anti-apartheid stuff in the past. My 22 year old daughter's view was 'really interesting'.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:33 pm

The Amazing Spider-Man.........nowhere near as good as Sam Raimi's

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:11 pm

Henning Wehn. He's been funded by the BBC for several years now and placed on various of their panel shows and the likes under the guise of him being a German Comedian. I'm yet to see a solitary scintilla of evidence which might indicate that he's anything other than some random Teutonic that aspires to be as funny as it is to take an awkward shit.
May the bridges I burn light your way

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:45 pm

Care of LF I watched La Grande Belleza - The Great Beauty (Italian - subtitles).

This is a very stylish homage to Fellini's La Dolce Vita with a bit of Luhrman Great Gatsby excess and is the favourite for an Oscar in Best Foreign Film category.

I liked this a lot more than the Fellini which has always got on my nerves. This, I think, has more heart and more thought and more at stake for the protagonist. But it is very short on dramatic action, is slow and often enigmatic.

It is a meditative film, looking at the vacuous decadence of a Roman elite, their empty lives, their empty art, their empty love affairs. Brilliantly shot, it makes the best of Rome, and has some very good acting.

I suspect that some will give it less than fifteen minutes, and some will watch it half a dozen times.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:48 pm

Just flicking around channels and came across Michaela Strachan on Splash. Still looking good (& in a swimsuit too) :P
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"