What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:57 pm

Been watching the ShakespeaRe-told mini-series (defo reccoed on here, presumably by Will). Have watched Much Ado About Nothing, Macbeth and The Taming of the Shrew. Big fan, they're ace! They've got some cast as well!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:58 pm

Prufrock wrote:Been watching the ShakespeaRe-told mini-series (defo reccoed on here, presumably by Will). Have watched Much Ado About Nothing, Macbeth and The Taming of the Shrew. Big fan, they're ace! They've got some cast as well!
I think it was Bruce's recco - that I (eventually) took up... and enjoyed...

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:33 am

Apologies and thanks, Brucie.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:37 am

Hey, de nada. Prufrock - you must see the reworking of A Midsummer Night's Dream as well. Set in a Centre Parcs type place with Johnny Vegas born to play the role of Bottom.

Actually, I'm going to watch them all again. Good call. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:54 am

They've come as a four on 2 DVDs from Lovefilm, so I've got that one to watch later this week. Cheers!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:08 pm

What a pile of shit this 15 to 1 is. There's a woman on it now who says she's psychic and knows that she's going to win a lot of money. I'm compelled to watch it now in the hope that she goes home with nowt.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:12 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:What a pile of shit this 15 to 1 is. There's a woman on it now who says she's psychic and knows that she's going to win a lot of money. I'm compelled to watch it now in the hope that she goes home with nowt.
Do get back to us on that!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:19 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:What a pile of shit this 15 to 1 is. There's a woman on it now who says she's psychic and knows that she's going to win a lot of money. I'm compelled to watch it now in the hope that she goes home with nowt.
Do get back to us on that!
Her psychic powers didn't stand much scrutiny when she got offered £40K. Had she stuck with her assertion that Box 8 undoubtedly had the £250K in it she'd have gone home with 15 (or was it 5?).

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:22 pm

Have you waited until Spotty came back to call Deal or No Deal 15 to 1 :D (Spotty I think having appeared on actual 15 to 1). If so, bravo at the long game!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:06 pm

Prufrock wrote:Have you waited until Spotty came back to call Deal or No Deal 15 to 1 :D (Spotty I think having appeared on actual 15 to 1). If so, bravo at the long game!
Oh feck. :oops:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Have you waited until Spotty came back to call Deal or No Deal 15 to 1 :D (Spotty I think having appeared on actual 15 to 1). If so, bravo at the long game!
Oh feck. :oops:
:D
Mind you, I'd have gone at forty grand too.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Nov 06, 2014 8:21 am

went to see Nightcrawler. Tremendous. super slick, darkly comical, and captivating. top film.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:07 am

Did anyone watch Broadmoor last night? Might be of interest given the discussion going on in the angry thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-29916876" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Used to love "Big Bang thoery" but not overly impressed with the new series.

Also watching Breaking Bad for the first time start to finish and just started season 4, what a cracking peice of television :oyea:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:46 pm

watched end of series two - peaky blinders last night... i think series two was better than series 1.. subtitles a must, tho! :-)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Fri Nov 07, 2014 4:07 pm

thebish wrote:watched end of series two - peaky blinders last night... i think series two was better than series 1.. subtitles a must, tho! :-)

Excellent series finale.

Can't wait for Series 3. Mainly because Sam Neill won't be in it with his feck awful 'Norn Iron' accent. So he won't.

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:49 am

Finally watched 12 Years a Slave tonight. Wow. The moral ugliness all the more hard-hitting in the context of the visual beauty of the film. Powerful without being mawkish. What an extraordinary achievement.

Have seen a couple of dreadful films at the cinema recently... paper thin Gone Girl and Effie Gray, which has Ruskin as being totally charmless, which is ridiculous. Did an outstandingly poor job of weaving the paintings in too. Hope Mr Turner will be better next week.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:31 pm

As I'm off work with the knee, I've been watching 'Suits'. Now on series two and enjoying it. Implausible, but fun.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:00 pm

Just watchd the latest Lewis on ITVPlayer. Sadly, looks like only one episode left in this series. Always liked Kevin Whatley as Lewis, but they're ending a series after creating a really intiguing character in Hathaway for Lawrence Fox. Very hard to see inside somebody who is as complex as Hathaway. A failed (intentionally) theology student, originally destined for the church, Hathaway is a withdrawn, private, somewhat mysterious character that will surely merit a series of his own when Kevin Whatling finally retires. Be sorry to see the series end.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:22 pm

Beefheart wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Beefheart wrote:
Beefheart wrote:Off to watch Boyhood at the Cornerhouse after work, never been there before but it seems that Boyhood isn't showing anywhere in Bolton yet.
Highly recommend it! Amazing film.
Going to try to go in the week. Looks amazing.
I think it carries extra weight for those who have children of their own, or are closer in age to the protagonist but there are just a lot of moments of seemingly effortless profundity. As is often the case with a Linklater film there is little in way of plot and what you don't see between each summer tells a lot of the story, but he more than makes up for it with the 'feel' of the film in my opinion.

Definitely makes me want to road trip around Texas, and listen to all those american pop punk bands I was into in the early noughties.
Finally got round to watching this at the weekend, and what thoroughly impeccable film it is too! Loved it, didnt want it to end.