What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:17 pm

The 1981 TV version of Wyndham's sci-fi classic The Day of the Triffids. It fascinated and terrified me as a kid.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:02 pm

LeverEnd wrote:The 1981 TV version of Wyndham's sci-fi classic The Day of the Triffids. It fascinated and terrified me as a kid.
i remember being scared of a B&W version of Day of the Triffids... watched it with my kids when they were junior school age - and they laughed all the way through it!!! we were so easily scared in the past!! :D

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:08 am

Just been watching Jeremy vile, cannot believe we waste benefits on these chav's!!! :twisted:

Dr Hotdog
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Dr Hotdog » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:11 am

Just started watching The Wire from front to back. I caught a few episodes when it was first aired over here but never really followed it. I seem to recall it being on after MOTD. Five episodes into the first series and it's got me hooked. Great balance.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:13 am

Hoboh wrote:Just been watching Jeremy vile, cannot believe we waste benefits on these chav's!!! :twisted:
aye - them day-time telly watching chav layabouts!

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?at

Post by LeverEnd » Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:01 pm

Hoboh wrote:Just been watching Jeremy vile, cannot believe we waste benefits on these chav's!!! :twisted:
What amazes me is that no-one lamps him given the way he speaks to thèm.

elenasmile
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by elenasmile » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:00 pm

Jump street 22 :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:06 pm

Dizzy in HR here has lent me Get Him to the Greek, a film with Russell Brand in it that, she assures me, is "absolutely hilarious". This doesn't bode well on two counts. Firstly, I can't abide the Cockney c*nt, and secondly that Dizzy has lent me stuff in the past on the pretext of it being funny only for me to find it to be anything but. :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:40 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Dizzy in HR here has lent me Get Him to the Greek, a film with Russell Brand in it that, she assures me, is "absolutely hilarious". This doesn't bode well on two counts. Firstly, I can't abide the Cockney c*nt, and secondly that Dizzy has lent me stuff in the past on the pretext of it being funny only for me to find it to be anything but. :?

I think this is one of those occasions you can just pretend you watched it!! I'd rather eat my own weight in dog hair!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Haha, no we need him to watch it just for his reaction!!

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:10 pm

thebish wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:Dizzy in HR here has lent me Get Him to the Greek, a film with Russell Brand in it that, she assures me, is "absolutely hilarious". This doesn't bode well on two counts. Firstly, I can't abide the Cockney c*nt, and secondly that Dizzy has lent me stuff in the past on the pretext of it being funny only for me to find it to be anything but. :?

I think this is one of those occasions you can just pretend you watched it!! I'd rather eat my own weight in dog hair!
"Get Him to the Greek" .... so funny we can only wonder why Lenny Henry and Gina Yashere didn't get parts.

Dizzy in HR wants extraditing.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:42 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

"Get Him to the Greek" .... so funny we can only wonder why Lenny Henry and Gina Yashere didn't get parts.

have you actually watched it Bobo??? :shock:

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:44 pm

thebish wrote:
bobo the clown wrote:
thebish wrote:

have you actually watched it Bobo??? :shock:
bobo doesn't need to have experienced anything before having an irrefutable position on it - surely you know this?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:52 pm

William the White wrote:
bobo doesn't need to have experienced anything before having an irrefutable position on it - surely you know this?
I suspect you don't either with some things if you are honest!

I certainly don't with a film that has Russell Brand in it and is called "Get Him to the Greek."

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 pm

William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:have you actually watched it Bobo??? :shock:
I'm afraid I have. It was on the goggle-box not too long ago. It was appalling.

.... yet Willie is right. Some things don't need to be seen to know they're

a). Not my scene
b). Shite

& while these two options aren't necessarily coincident each does it for me.

So long as that's OK with everybody.

I mean, I'd hate not to measure up.

How was the Opera btw ? ... using words normal people might use.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:01 pm

bobo the clown wrote:
William the White wrote:
thebish wrote:have you actually watched it Bobo??? :shock:
I'm afraid I have. It was on the goggle-box not too long ago. It was appalling.

.... yet Willie is right. Some things don't need to be seen to know they're

a). Not my scene
b). Shite

& while these two options aren't necessarily coincident each does it for me.

So long as that's OK with everybody.

I mean, I'd hate not to measure up.

How was the Opera btw ? ... using words normal people might use.
The operas were very good.

A fuller opinion is on the 'fat lady' thread.

You may or may not need your dictionary...

William the White
Legend
Legend

Post by William the White » Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:08 pm

thebish wrote:
William the White wrote:
I suspect you don't either with some things if you are honest!

I certainly don't with a film that has Russell Brand in it and is called "Get Him to the Greek."
I think I'd have a refutable position if I hadn't seen it - but at first sight I am deeply sympathetic to your views and proposed scheme of inaction on this movie...

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:56 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:nobdy seen Interstellar yet? went last night, enjoyed it very much. thats not to say its a great film o'course.
Saw it the other night and mightily impressed, that's some film, ok some of it went over my head but sort of clung on, going to see it again thought it was fantastic

Did they steal the space folding thing from Dune?

Always thought the lead role Matthew M (would never attempt to spell his surname) was a lightweight and more of a silly romcom kind of guy, how wrong was I, he was brilliant and totally convincing.

And lowering the tone..Anne Hathaway could make an old man very happy :)

Oh and I loved the new Godzilla film too, not great but an interesting take on the nuclear thing and head and shoulders above that dire Broderick film some time ago, still not as good as the Japanese guys in rubber suits though :)
My dog (proper 57) had his anal glands emptied once and yes the smell is something to behold!!

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:04 pm

Raven wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:nobdy seen Interstellar yet? went last night, enjoyed it very much. thats not to say its a great film o'course.
Saw it the other night and mightily impressed, that's some film, ok some of it went over my head but sort of clung on, going to see it again thought it was fantastic

Did they steal the space folding thing from Dune?

Always thought the lead role Matthew M (would never attempt to spell his surname) was a lightweight and more of a silly romcom kind of guy, how wrong was I, he was brilliant and totally convincing.

And lowering the tone..Anne Hathaway could make an old man very happy :)

Oh and I loved the new Godzilla film too, not great but an interesting take on the nuclear thing and head and shoulders above that dire Broderick film some time ago, still not as good as the Japanese guys in rubber suits though :)
Matt Mcgonaugheehghengehey has had a hell of a renaissance in the last few years. Everything from Killer Joe onwards he's well worth checking out in.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:24 pm

damn straight. they call it the Matthew McConaissance!

Lincoln Lawyer , Killer Joe , Mud, Magic Mike, Dallas Buyers Club, little appearence in Wolf of Wall Street and also the TV show True Detective! all ace films and performances! he's the geezer atm!