What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:12 pm

I watched The Hunt last night on BBC1. The latest Attenborough vehicle.

Absolutely brilliant.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Nov 02, 2015 5:12 pm

gonna watch that tonight. class of 92 was pretty good too. looking forward to the next ep as a mate of mine is joint manager at Salford City.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:21 pm

Nobody admitting to watching Aliona, but it's okay, I know you are..... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:36 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Nobody admitting to watching Aliona, but it's okay, I know you are..... :lol:
I am, Tango.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:32 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:I have not seen many of his films because they look like my worst nightmare, but he is hilarious in 'Spy'
Watched that tonight. Was going to turn it off after five minutes but persevered. What a whacky film.. :lol:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:22 am

yeah its because of him tho, and Allison Janney. i really dont think Melissa McCarthy is anywhere near as funny as she, and everyone else seems to think she is - and WTF is Miranda doing there!?!?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:47 am

General Mannerheim wrote:yeah its because of him tho, and Allison Janney. i really dont think Melissa McCarthy is anywhere near as funny as she, and everyone else seems to think she is - and WTF is Miranda doing there!?!?
It was so whacky that anybody could have shown up. Must admit I like Miranda Hart and find her funny. She looked about a foot taller than Statham when walking alongside him. I thought he'd stereotyped himself into a corner but that was a real surprise.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:15 am

LF inform me that winging their way to me are Babadook (highly recommended as I recall) and Belle.
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:56 am

Babadook is amazing, but going off your 'It Follows' reaction im not confident it will be a hit. although tbf its a very different film.

Belle will defo be a winner tho.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Aye, big fan of both of those films. I got two new releases from LoveFilm which I watched last night, the Kurt Cobain documentary and the Amy Winehouse documentary. Very similar stories in a lot of ways told very differently. Had me wondering though, do they make documentaries about people for whom there just happens to be lots of footage available that can be used or do they pick a subject first and just get lucky? :conf:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:49 pm

Went to see "Spectre" ... in iMAX.

It was loud !!

Good film,. Does what Bonds do. But very well. Had an old fashiondness to the storyline and all the tricks. Not anything surprising but worth the bother.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:03 am

Watched The Operator...Luke Goss, the new Schwarzenneger.. Just love film Swat teams arriving on the scene, all behind each other in single file assault rifles pointing forward. Last man pulls the trigger and kills the lot with one shot.. :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:36 am

I'm off today. There's a bloke on Jeremy Kyle whose avowed intention is to look like a fecking parrot. He's had his ears removed, tattoos all over his face, had the whites of his eyes coloured. His choice, of course, but if the c*nt comes round here.............

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:55 am

^^^ I'll tell you what's orange and SOUNDS like a parrot.

A carrot.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Il Pirate
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Il Pirate » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:38 am

bobo the clown wrote:^^^ I'll tell you what's orange and SOUNDS like a parrot.

A carrot.

Ooof.............................. :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:12 pm

Just watched The Babadook. If, like me, you have weird dreams - helicopter gunships, feral dog attacks, getting lost in Stockport - for feck's sake don't watch it!

wigan white
Reliable
Reliable

Post by wigan white » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:32 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just watched The Babadook. If, like me, you have weird dreams - helicopter gunships, feral dog attacks, getting lost in Stockport - for feck's sake don't watch it!

Boo!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:Just watched The Babadook. If, like me, you have weird dreams - helicopter gunships, feral dog attacks, getting lost in Stockport - for feck's sake don't watch it!
You watched it in the middle of the afternoon ya big pansy :mrgreen:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:24 pm

Spectre - they've just made the last film again, but worse. So dully formulaic that it was boring.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:24 am

Prufrock wrote:Spectre - they've just made the last film again, but worse. So dully formulaic that it was boring.
The reason for that is simple: James Bond is plotted out and past his sell-by date. A brilliant conception, a spy superstar and a hero supreme to a lot of us,, but one of a past age. All heroes suffer from one unavoidable enemy; age! Bond was conceived in 1953 and was already on the back of a naval career. The big mistake was in trying to keep alive a legend when a totally new and modern character was needed. Bond, single and suave, smoked, drank vodka martinis, womanised and drove a vintage Bentley. He would also have been nearing ninety by now.

Time for Tarquin Typhoo to emerge from the Hugh Baird College of knowledge and take up residence in his dockland converted penthouse in the shadow of the Liver Building. He can stride in to see X, dropping off a cafe-latte for Ms Charming Chest on the way. X will inform him that they must make cuts and he'll have to lose his Ferarri 458 Sports car and manage with a newly returned diesel Volkswagen Golf. It does have a pair of missile launchers in the boot however, and M left a Webley service revolver in his old desk drawer...... :wink: