What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:13 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:22 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:36 pm
Quiet night so I had a rare look over BBCIplayer and watched the film/documentary about the" supposed" attack on an Olympic female ice skater Nancy Kerrigan, planned by her main rival Tonya Harding back in the nineties.. I state "supposed" because I know nothing of the truth of any of it. Talk about the price of winning.. :shock:
I, Tonya is a great film :oyea:
It is excellent, really unusual and brilliantly acted.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 am

Her mum in the film :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:39 pm

Last night:

With just one episode left of Line of Duty, it won't spoil anything to make a few guesses/assumptions on the finale. This is my take:

Madam nasty drawers is a patsy. She's power hungry and doing as she's told (within the law) on the promise of career advancement using the authority of the chief of police (who surely is the only one with the power to organise all the armed response action and have all the inside info and seems a prime candidate for H4). She'll end up with egg on her face to everybody's delight but she's no villain. Far too obvious. Traffic duty in the town centre should do it.

Can't see why H4 can be anybody but an older male due to all the past mentions of certain well-known public figures involved in sex scandals. ( unless the female top cop is actually Mandy Rice Davis in a uniform---a joke, a joke)

Ted is the real puzzler. He has a secret maybe involving missing money, but he isn't super villain. Steve's in big trouble with the medical drugs and Kate..well?

I promise I've seen no spoilers, what would be the points, so do you have views?
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am

Pretty much since the off I've been convinced that there'll be a twist involving Chloe Bishop - she's up to no good. Nobody's that thorough and that flawless in their work - operating to the letter of the law..... to the letter ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:18 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:17 am
Pretty much since the off I've been convinced that there'll be a twist involving Chloe Bishop - she's up to no good. Nobody's that thorough and that flawless in their work - operating to the letter of the law..... to the letter ;)
Chloe Bishop? Interesting. Seems your views are shared by a lot of viewers. Somebody on the inside has to be responsible for leaking things so quickly. If she's related to the guy of the murder investigation way back..but then she'd surely be on the side of the angels? Still a lot of unanswered questions...bring it on.. :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 02, 2021 3:50 pm

Last episode of Line of Duty. Unmissable for me... :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:50 pm
I'm sure that that 'definately' will come back into play somewhere, Tango. Anyway, we'll see.

Enjoy ;)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 02, 2021 8:05 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 8:04 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 3:50 pm
I'm sure that that 'definately' will come back into play somewhere, Tango. Anyway, we'll see.

Enjoy ;)
Likewise mate.. :D

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 02, 2021 8:27 pm

I'm such a div. I binge watched Line of Duty yesterday, timing it to perfection to finish just in time for the last episode. 9pm came only to find out its on on a Sunday :lol:

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun May 02, 2021 9:58 pm

Well that was crap.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun May 02, 2021 10:21 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:58 pm
Well that was crap.
*limps away, limps away, limps away...walks away*
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun May 02, 2021 11:30 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Well that was crap.
Don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet, but yeah, that was a disappointingly weak ending, I thought.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Sun May 02, 2021 11:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 11:30 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Well that was crap.
Don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet, but yeah, that was a disappointingly weak ending, I thought.
+1 it's like they forgot to write the ending and made it up 5 minutes before cameras rolled.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 am

"Definately" a let-down as T.V Police procedurals go. Supposedly based on real life cases it promised a thunderflash and delivered a sparkler. So disappointed, "No comment"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 am
"Definately" a let-down as T.V Police procedurals go. Supposedly based on real life cases it promised a thunderflash and delivered a sparkler. So disappointed, "No comment"
Everyone's got a theory on everything when it comes to anything to do with L-o-D, and I'm no different. I've been entertaining the thought this morning that they may even have possibly 'bottled' the planned ending and ran with some phoned-in watered down version of events instead? Like you say, Tango, there were plenty of references (or identical scenarios created) to real life cases - maybe they found themselves on a sticky legal wicket and had to backtrack quickly? I don't know. I'm just struggling to get my head around how come something which had built up such a colossal head of steam went out on such a whimper! :conf:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 03, 2021 4:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 2:58 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:50 am
Everyone's got a theory on everything when it comes to anything to do with L-o-D, and I'm no different. I've been entertaining the thought this morning that they may even have possibly 'bottled' the planned ending and ran with some phoned-in watered down version of events instead? Like you say, Tango, there were plenty of references (or identical scenarios created) to real life cases - maybe they found themselves on a sticky legal wicket and had to backtrack quickly? I don't know. I'm just struggling to get my head around how come something which had built up such a colossal head of steam went out on such a whimper! :conf:
The biggest question left for me was how the female high-up could be that way without knowing all the wrongs going on and why is she still in a job even? ? It just doesn't cut. Maybe they should have read a few Michael Connelly novels for plot ideas. The producers sure haven't done themselves any favours with that ending. Last series left us waiting for more; not sure where this one goes? All a bit too "happy endings".

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 11, 2021 7:42 pm

If you liked LoD there's a three part series on BBC IPlayer called "Bent Coppers" documentary about rooting out corruption in London Police. Nowt stranger than fact...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:42 pm
If you liked LoD there's a three part series on BBC IPlayer called "Bent Coppers" documentary about rooting out corruption in London Police. Nowt stranger than fact...
Been watching it. Clearly there were more criminals hiding in plain sight within The Met in the 70s than there were in the boozers of the East End.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue May 11, 2021 9:13 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 7:42 pm
Been watching it. Clearly there were more criminals hiding in plain sight within The Met in the 70s than there were in the boozers of the East End.
Aye. All the way to the top n'all.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon May 17, 2021 9:20 pm

Caught up with Ian Wrights home truths on iplayer. Worth a watch - sad, powerful, thought provoking.