What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Prufrock » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:06 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:3rd Inside No. 9.

Top again. Best thing on the box.
Have you watched the balloon one yet? I have last week's to look forward to tonight :)
I have. Probably my least favourite of the lot, but that might be because I was expecting so much after (I think) GM said it was RS's fav.

Last week's got a bit of stick, but I thought it was really good! Ep 2 still my personal favourite though :D!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Think it were me. RS Twatted that he considered it to be by far the funniest. For what it's worth I agree with you, but then my expectations were similarly mahoosive. Will let you know how I get on with last week's.
May the bridges I burn light your way

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:45 pm

wigan white wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:I'm about halfway through season 3 but this is second time round. So much going in I missed first time, loving it again.

Also having a re run through The Office (US) quality
Absolutely love this, totally p*sses on the uk version although I quite liked that too, but the US one has loads of laugh out loud moments, which actually makes a change for an american comedy.
Perhaps I haven't seen enough of it or the right episodes, but I really thought it was pretty poor.

And it might be vogue to piss on the UK version but that was a masterpiece that didn't rely on laugh out loud moments but a different kind of comedic effect IMO......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:50 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
wigan white wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:I'm about halfway through season 3 but this is second time round. So much going in I missed first time, loving it again.

Also having a re run through The Office (US) quality
Absolutely love this, totally p*sses on the uk version although I quite liked that too, but the US one has loads of laugh out loud moments, which actually makes a change for an american comedy.
Perhaps I haven't seen enough of it or the right episodes, but I really thought it was pretty poor.

And it might be vogue to piss on the UK version but that was a masterpiece that didn't rely on laugh out loud moments but a different kind of comedic effect IMO......
I'm the same. I thought the true beauty of the original version was how often it made me cringe.

ChrisC
Passionate
Passionate

Post by ChrisC » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:12 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Oh Suzanna ... what have you done ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26351796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, another person gets a tiny bit too big for their boots and runs to the money. This is where they discover that they are simply attractive newsreaders and not personalities in their own right. They've succeeded due to the machine around them and without it they'll flounder.

How many people, over the years, have left the Beeb for ITV and it come tumbling down a few months later ?

I'm sure there are exceptions but not many. Anyway, she can now be back in London to watch her partner tap-off with all his contacts through Match.com .

David Ngog has beefed up a tad on that link 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:23 pm

bobo the clown wrote:Oh Suzanna ... what have you done ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-26351796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So, another person gets a tiny bit too big for their boots and runs to the money. This is where they discover that they are simply attractive newsreaders and not personalities in their own right. They've succeeded due to the machine around them and without it they'll flounder.

How many people, over the years, have left the Beeb for ITV and it come tumbling down a few months later ?

I'm sure there are exceptions but not many. Anyway, she can now be back in London to watch her partner tap-off with all his contacts through Match.com .
Might it not be to do with her not having to commute to Salford anymore (Top five in Big Dan's Shitholes of Britain)?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:42 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Prufrock wrote:3rd Inside No. 9.

Top again. Best thing on the box.
Have you watched the balloon one yet? I have last week's to look forward to tonight :)
I have. Probably my least favourite of the lot, but that might be because I was expecting so much after (I think) GM said it was RS's fav.

Last week's got a bit of stick, but I thought it was really good! Ep 2 still my personal favourite though :D!
Thought 1 was good, 2 was a million miles better than owt else I've seen in ages, thought 3 was fairly poor, 4 had its moments, 5 was pretty good sporadically.

I'd have probably had them all down as pretty good, if I hadn't seen EP2, which just set the bar too high (so far) for the rest to catch up.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:58 pm

See, I thought that 3 was very good with an excellent twist at the end. 4 had some good lines but lacked the overall guile in the framework that the others had. 5 yet to watch.

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:See, I thought that 3 was very good with an excellent twist at the end. 4 had some good lines but lacked the overall guile in the framework that the others had. 5 yet to watch.
Thought 5 was the weakest.....

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:38 pm

2>3>4>1>5

Annoyed Grunt
Legend
Legend

Post by Annoyed Grunt » Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:54 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:2>3>4>1>5
2>3>1>4>5

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:02 pm

Annoyed Grunt wrote:
General Mannerheim wrote:2>3>4>1>5
2>3>1>4>5
Just watched 5. Had they not set the bar so high then it'd probably have been very decent. As it happens I'm in exact agreement with Grunto's order of merit.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:10 pm

I had 2> 1> 5> 4> 3

hi there, i'm chris
Reliable
Reliable

Post by hi there, i'm chris » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:37 am

5 episodes into True Detective and it's incredible. Probably my favourite first season ever and still got three episodes to go.
http://www.twitter.com/chrisbradish" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:37 am

Just about to watch the final episode on the train. Incredible series. Apparently non of the original cast return in the next season?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:19 am

I have Bullhead to watch at some point. A GM recco, as I recall.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:02 pm

yeah, the Belgian film with yon mon from Rust & Bone. its a moody slow burner, but good, if yer in the right mood for it...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:08 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:yeah, the Belgian film with yon mon from Rust & Bone. its a moody slow burner, but good, if yer in the right mood for it...
Got this to watch at some point.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:15 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:Just about to watch the final episode on the train. Incredible series. Apparently non of the original cast return in the next season?
I also have just the one to watch, truly excellent. Apparently it will be similarly themed but with different characters. They've set the bar high.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:03 pm

I watched it this morning. Was waiting for a few more to see it before discussing.... :shock: