What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:12 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:36 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:41 pm
This evening I'm mostly looking forward to watching 'The Hermit of Treig' on the iPlayer.

I read about this guy yesterday and found his story fascinating. Originally from Derbyshire he's spent the past 40 years living 'off grid' in the log cabin he built on the banks of Loch Treig in the Highlands.

No electric, no running water, no nowt, he lives on what he catches and what he forages. His cabin's a two hour walk from the nearest road.

He lives a life that I guess most of us think 'I wouldn't mind a blast at that' when the reality is tat we'd last less than a week.
Pfft. Had stuff from a shop....he'll be getting Deliveroo next.

A grand recco, mate. Enjoyed it.
Glad you enjoyed it, I did too. I'm most impressed that he had/has 70 x Gallon demijohns worth of hooch on the go. I knew he must have some way of getting through those winter nights :D
May the bridges I burn light your way

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:59 am

Started 'An Unlikely Murderer' this week, about the Olaf Palme assassination in the 1980s. An interesting if somewhat quixotic take on murder mystery which also leaves me feeling a bit uneasy to a degree. I'm sticking with it but I'm unsure really where it goes after the first episode and a bit.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:35 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:59 am
Started 'An Unlikely Murderer' this week, about the Olaf Palme assassination in the 1980s. An interesting if somewhat quixotic take on murder mystery which also leaves me feeling a bit uneasy to a degree. I'm sticking with it but I'm unsure really where it goes after the first episode and a bit.
I was at a party in Nottingham when that happened. Can recall Swedish person coming in, to announce to the room Olof Palme had been shot - to a sea of entirely blank faces...not quite the reaction they were anticipating...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:55 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
I remember reading about that (Palme's assassination, not the TV programme). Didn't it take the Stockholm Police something like an hour to secure the scene?

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:55 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
I remember reading about that (Palme's assassination, not the TV programme). Didn't it take the Stockholm Police something like an hour to secure the scene?
I don't know enough about the case itself I'm afraid but one of the themes of the show so far is quite clearly police incompetence. How much is true or not I don't honestly know.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:56 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:47 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:55 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
I don't know enough about the case itself I'm afraid but one of the themes of the show so far is quite clearly police incompetence. How much is true or not I don't honestly know.
Bill Bryson wrote quite a chunk about it in (I think) Neither Here Nor There. He wasn't very complimentary towards the Swedish Rozzers either.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:50 am

Started 'Arcane' on netflix last night. And what a pleasant surprise it is. Sci-fi action adventure cartoon based derived from characters and settings in the League of Legends gaming universe.

It's a shame I've probably lost the entire readership with that last sentence, because it is startlingly good, even for someone like me with no prior knowledge of the game, characters and backstory. Proper character development, good storytelling and absolutely glorious to look at as well.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:28 am

KeyserSoze wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:50 am
Started 'Arcane' on netflix last night. And what a pleasant surprise it is. Sci-fi action adventure cartoon based derived from characters and settings in the League of Legends gaming universe.

It's a shame I've probably lost the entire readership with that last sentence, because it is startlingly good, even for someone like me with no prior knowledge of the game, characters and backstory. Proper character development, good storytelling and absolutely glorious to look at as well.
Well, LoL World Championships peaked at around 46m viewers last year...Around 8m watched WoW race to world first over 7 days...First Ep of Critical Role playing D&D Mighty Nein Ep1 got around 14m viewers....that's watching people play D&D....168,00 people watched the first episode of a bloke called Cohhcarnage play Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous...funny old world innit...

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:40 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:28 am
KeyserSoze wrote:

Well, LoL World Championships peaked at around 46m viewers last year...Around 8m watched WoW race to world first over 7 days...First Ep of Critical Role playing D&D Mighty Nein Ep1 got around 14m viewers....that's watching people play D&D....168,00 people watched the first episode of a bloke called Cohhcarnage play Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous...funny old world innit...
:D I just didn't imagine TW would be a natural home for this kind of thing.

Now excuse me, I'm off to excitedly wait for news to come out about an expansion for an online WoW-themed card trading game...

(Watching other people play D&D though? I have some semblance of self respect!)

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:11 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:40 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:28 am
KeyserSoze wrote:

:D I just didn't imagine TW would be a natural home for this kind of thing.

Now excuse me, I'm off to excitedly wait for news to come out about an expansion for an online WoW-themed card trading game...

(Watching other people play D&D though? I have some semblance of self respect!)
Knock yerself out with a bit of Hearthstone! Or if you want to get really old fashioned, gems from Everquest :-)

The Acquisitions Incorporated sessions (one's that have video) are really quite funny in parts. I can take or leave Critical Role ;-)

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:14 pm

:lol: Hearthstone is what I was on about! New cards announced at 6pm tonight!

I'll have a look at Everquest and AI sessions, genuine thanks for the recommendations!

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:25 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:14 pm
:lol: Hearthstone is what I was on about! New cards announced at 6pm tonight!

I'll have a look at Everquest and AI sessions, genuine thanks for the recommendations!
Oh, not sure I'd recco Everquest as a game - it was released in 1999 and was the #1 before WoW came along - Life didn't start at WoW, regardless of what the fanbois might tell you (I've played WoW too, but shunted my subscription when the ActiBlizz "scandal" broke)...gameplay is much slower and more considered than WoW, there's sod all you can do without a reasonable group and it has a subscription of folks that have been playing it 22 years lol. I think most EQ players would say WoW was for the kiddies. It's as grindy and a very grindy thing, carrying a grindstone. But, the players that are still on it, have toons that might be 3-4 years old in "actual" playtime lol.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:39 pm

Ah sorry I thought it was a card game not a MMORPG; I've never really been into those and only came to look into Warcraft lore via Hearthstone...that does sound like a hardy fanbase though :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:26 pm

Watched an old Clint Eastwood George Kennedy film on B.B.C. I player "The Eiger Sanction" Seen it long ago, but I forgot the utterly brilliant climbing scenes on the North face of the Eiger. Not sure how much stunt work Eastwood did, but the film is amazing. Had me gripping the chair arms.Well worth another watch.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:00 pm

Did anyone else find the ending to Angela Black to be a bit rushed, and subsequently a little wishy-washy? I expected better, to be honest.

They're have been a few TV series of late whose endings I've found to be underwhelming.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:06 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:26 pm
Watched an old Clint Eastwood George Kennedy film on B.B.C. I player "The Eiger Sanction" Seen it long ago, but I forgot the utterly brilliant climbing scenes on the North face of the Eiger. Not sure how much stunt work Eastwood did, but the film is amazing. Had me gripping the chair arms.Well worth another watch.
Cheers, Tango, I'll put that on the list. Watched Gran Torino again on Tuesday evening. Absolutely peak Eastwood. I'll never tire of watching it 😊

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:06 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Cheers, Tango, I'll put that on the list. Watched Gran Torino again on Tuesday evening. Absolutely peak Eastwood. I'll never tire of watching it 😊
Very good film. He's just starred in and directed another at the age of 91, Cry Macho. Not gone down well in the reviews I've read but I'll give it a watch at some point.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:40 pm

LeverEnd wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:41 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 12:06 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Very good film. He's just starred in and directed another at the age of 91, Cry Macho. Not gone down well in the reviews I've read but I'll give it a watch at some point.
The Mule, another one which Eastwood stars in and directs is well worth a watch. True story too.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Nov 22, 2021 11:45 am

Watched the first three episodes of Wheel of Time on Amazon Prime last night, based on the Robert Jordan books. Enjoyed it. Trollocs rejoice.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 pm

AlexJohns wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:54 pm
As I am a healthcare content writer, I will watch some videos of hair transplant in Lahore to get ideas for content and to get information.
Find out how much it'll cost me for a Claudia Winkleman. Cheers. ;)