What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Aug 10, 2021 9:00 pm

Supernanny. Reassuring myself there are kids far worse behaved then mine after another fun day of summer holiday squabbling :evil: :roll:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:44 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m ... cy-worsley

The real truth about Britain during the Blitz in World War II. Pray God we are never involved in another war. Terrifying. You should watch this.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:01 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:44 pm

The real truth about Britain during the Blitz in World War II. Pray God we are never involved in another war. Terrifying. You should watch this.
Interesting, Tango. I have an as-of-yet unread book upstairs called The Myth of The Blitz. I guess I should read one and watch t'other.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:42 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:01 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Interesting, Tango. I have an as-of-yet unread book upstairs called The Myth of The Blitz. I guess I should read one and watch t'other.
Please do mate. It's frightening. Historian Lucy Worsley loves a laugh, but her research is immaculate.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:45 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:42 pm
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:01 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:

Please do mate. It's frightening. Historian Lucy Worsley loves a laugh, but her research is immaculate.
I will. Buddy, and I hope life's treating you well.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:34 pm

Vigil. First episode is verrrrrrrry promising.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:51 am

Last couple of nights I've watched all the episodes of "MacMafia" on B.B.C Iplayer. It's more or less " The Godfather" in Europe but the Mafia being Russian. Not for the squeamish, but enlightening enough as a one-off insight as to just how evil humanity can be to its own kind..Must have cost a bomb to make.

KeyserSoze
Passionate
Passionate

Post by KeyserSoze » Sat Sep 04, 2021 10:28 pm

Battling a headcold the last two days, worked my way through James Acaster's 'Repertoire' stand up show on netflix. Very bloody funny. :lol:

In less humorous ventures, currently watching Fassbender mumble through the recent remake of Macbeth. Decent so far.
Nero fiddles while Gordon Burns.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 pm

KeyserSoze wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:34 pm
Done four episodes. Liking it. Nice to see Endeavour (Sean Evans) in a prominent part.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:11 pm
KeyserSoze wrote:
Done four episodes. Liking it. Nice to see Endeavour (Sean Evans) in a prominent part.
Watched penultimate episode last night. Bags of tension. Been very good.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:38 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
Watch Vigil, they said. It's really good they said. So I binged 5 episodes last night only to find it's one short of the full set. Hate cliffhangers! :-) Decent recco, though.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:19 am

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:38 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:14 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
KeyserSoze wrote:
Watch Vigil, they said. It's really good they said. So I binged 5 episodes last night only to find it's one short of the full set. Hate cliffhangers! :-) Decent recco, though.
Think we've watched four now, so no spoilers - capisce? :)

We're also watching something called 'Normal People', which I'm quite enjoying.

However, if you haven't watched Channel 4's made-for-tv-film 'Help', then I really suggest you all get on it. I've no idea as to when the next swathe of television awards are due out, but I can only imagine that this'll feature heavily in the running for most of them.

C4's line on it is: Drama set in a fictional Liverpool care home in spring 2020. A carer (Jodie Comer) who bonds with a patient (Stephen Graham) is put to the test in horrific circumstances as the Covid-19 pandemic hits.

PS. If you do watch it then I expect that we'll soon all be discussing the ridiculous situation regarding care homes again.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:16 am

Been watching The Falls, starring Gillian Anderson and set in Belfast. Wish they'd concentrate a bit more on Police work instead of domestic drama, but it's watchable. Police chief John Lynch is an absolute mirror image of Eric Cantona. :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:07 pm

Watched final episode of "Vigil" tonight. What a cracker. Won't say more till a few have seen it...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:05 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:07 pm
Watched final episode of "Vigil" tonight. What a cracker. Won't say more till a few have seen it...
Thoroughly enjoyed the whole series too, Tango. No shortage of what we now know to be red herrings, only tangentially connected to the main case. Good stuff.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:37 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:05 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:07 pm
Thoroughly enjoyed the whole series too, Tango. No shortage of what we now know to be red herrings, only tangentially connected to the main case. Good stuff.
Aye, when it comes to dramas, the Beeb takes some beating. Great script, superbly acted and cracking filming. Give us more.. :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:01 am

Hollington Drive - a four-part drama about a missing child starts tonight at 9:00 on ITV. Looks good from the clips I've seen.

Anna Maxwell Martin's in it too, and as far as barometers go, she tends not to turn up in much dross.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:33 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:01 am
Hollington Drive - a four-part drama about a missing child starts tonight at 9:00 on ITV. Looks good from the clips I've seen.

Anna Maxwell Martin's in it too, and as far as barometers go, she tends not to turn up in much dross.
Fine actress. First came to my attention eight years ago in "Death Comes to Pemberley" a B.B.C adaptation of a P'D'James novel based on Jane Austen's characters from Pride and Prejudice.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:33 pm

Second series of ‘all creatures great and small’. 3rd episode tomorrow. Love it. Gentle, funny, very well cast, bit of romance and lots of farm animals and dogs in it!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:54 pm

Has anyone else watched / been watching The North Water? Five part series on the I Player starring Colin Farrell and Stephen Graham. We watched episode four last night.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been more of a song and dance made about this because it's bloody superb. As bleak as hell, but superb nonetheless.

One line of blurb I saw described it as; A disgraced surgeon joins an Arctic whaling expedition - a voyage to the edge of reason, brutality and humanity.

Yep, that's about it.