What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:55 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:26 pm
AlexJohns wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 12:54 pm
As I am a healthcare content writer, I will watch some videos of hair transplant in Lahore to get ideas for content and to get information.
Find out how much it'll cost me for a Claudia Winkleman. Cheers. ;)
Which bit?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:46 pm

Watched a Private Investigator series with Tom Burke where the villain got caught by wrong use of semi colons and Oxford Commas (plurals before somebody jumps on me) in correspondences. Put that in your pipe Sherlock. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:23 pm

I realise I’m quite behind the times in this but just started watching that bbc 4 parter about the rise of the premier league. I was a teenagers in the 90’s and an avid fan, talk about blasts from the past - and all the footballers now chatting on it look so old! :shock:

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:18 am

Trust me, GG, in a few more years ... 8)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:56 am

Dujon wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 3:18 am
Trust me, GG, in a few more years ... 8)
Aye, it's on the last page of Aesop's Fables. "It can never happen to me!" :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:18 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:46 pm
Watched a Private Investigator series with Tom Burke where the villain got caught by wrong use of semi colons and Oxford Commas (plurals before somebody jumps on me) in correspondences. Put that in your pipe Sherlock. :mrgreen:
Nae jumping on, Tango, but my understanding of an 'Oxford comma' is where a comma's used before 'and'. Have I got that one wrong? Genuine question.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:18 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:46 pm
Nae jumping on, Tango, but my understanding of an 'Oxford comma' is where a comma's used before 'and'. Have I got that one wrong? Genuine question.
No, not at all Bruce, you're right, but I think it only becomes confusing when you try explaining its use. We do it automatically, from instinct and it's use is still open to argument amongst academics.. I actually learned more about the mechanics of our own language from studying Spanish. My comment was to highlight the fact I was using plurals (no comma) rather than possessive. better just go with instinctive as somebody will jump on you anyway. :

Bruce went for a pint with two Wanderers supporters, Bill and Ben, and G.G. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:53 am

Just finished watching Close to Me on More 4. Watching the episodes had a 'blimey, I don't know where you're going with this' type feel about them, only for the whole thing to reach something of a logical conclusion.

I can't remember the last series I watched which had a 'feck me - I didn't see that coming' kind of ending.

Anyway, definitely in the market for recco's please, people?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 am

I mentioned "Strike" (the private investigator short series from B.B.C I PLAYER ) lately. What I didn't say (without spoiling any plot) is Tom Burke plays an amputee from service in Afghanistan. This is where the magic and wonders of technology are really on display. Amazing.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:55 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:53 am
Just finished watching Close to Me on More 4. Watching the episodes had a 'blimey, I don't know where you're going with this' type feel about them, only for the whole thing to reach something of a logical conclusion.

I can't remember the last series I watched which had a 'feck me - I didn't see that coming' kind of ending.

I’m quite excited about watching the second series of ‘Malory Towers’ on CBBC with the kids over Christmas Bruce! You could give that a go?! :conf: :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:15 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:47 am
I mentioned "Strike" (the private investigator short series from B.B.C I PLAYER ) lately. What I didn't say (without spoiling any plot) is Tom Burke plays an amputee from service in Afghanistan. This is where the magic and wonders of technology are really on display. Amazing.
You did, Tango. Many thanks - I'll check it out.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:17 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:55 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I’m quite excited about watching the second series of ‘Malory Towers’ on CBBC with the kids over Christmas Bruce! You could give that a go?! :conf: :wink:
Bringing your kids up on Enid Blyton is, in my opinion, highly commendable, GG. Bravo.

It's also about my level ;)

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:17 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Bringing your kids up on Enid Blyton is, in my opinion, highly commendable, GG. Bravo.

Can’t beat a bit of Famous five! Also Initated them in Jennings, Wombles and Paddington amongst others and on TV Super Ted, bananaman, dogtanian etc. Oh, and they’re getting a Beano subscription for Christmas. I will immerse them in all things 80’s childhood!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:49 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Can’t beat a bit of Famous five! Also Initated them in Jennings, Wombles and Paddington amongst others and on TV Super Ted, bananaman, dogtanian etc. Oh, and they’re getting a Beano subscription for Christmas. I will immerse them in all things 80’s childhood!
I've never really known which age range Mr Benn was actually aimed at, but used to love it as a kid. Maybe dig some out and see what you think? Not sure if it'll be too young for them?

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:00 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:49 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:41 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Gooner Girl wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:

I've never really known which age range Mr Benn was actually aimed at, but used to love it as a kid. Maybe dig some out and see what you think? Not sure if it'll be too young for them?
A bit before my time so not really sure what age it’s aimed at but you can find everything on you tube these days! I’ll have a look. Anything to avoid wrapping the insane amount of kids stocking presents I have to do today. Can you see I’m procrastinating?!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:38 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:

Succession is the best thing I have seen on TV in years. Really really recommend. Great drama and bitingly funny.

And there's a new series of Curb out. Not sure if you've watched it but think you'd enjoy.

They're both on Sky/NowTV.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the American Office. Third time at it (the first series is basically a scene for scene remake of the UK version and IMO unwatchable) but really gets into it's stride.

Going to have plenty of time to watch things over the next few weeks, so will be keeping an eye on this thread!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:20 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:38 am

Going to have plenty of time to watch things over the next few weeks, so will be keeping an eye on this thread!
If you haven't seen them, Line of Duty, Vigil, and Spiral l the French police procedural (with English sub-titles)are all worth a watch.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:38 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:38 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:

Succession is the best thing I have seen on TV in years. Really really recommend. Great drama and bitingly funny.

And there's a new series of Curb out. Not sure if you've watched it but think you'd enjoy.

They're both on Sky/NowTV.

Otherwise I'm enjoying the American Office. Third time at it (the first series is basically a scene for scene remake of the UK version and IMO unwatchable) but really gets into it's stride.

Great stuff. Cheers, mate; I'll look out for Succession.

Curb is one of very few things which can have me actually 'LOL' when I'm sat watching it alone. Marvellous stuff. I'll look out for the new series as I have Now TV via BT. Thanks for the heads-up.

I've never watched the American version of The Office. Given how much I love the original and the charachters, I'm not sure where they could possibly go with it.

And at the risk of sounding callous, given you'll be watching most TV over the coming period then I'll be keeping a close eye on your contributions to this thread ;) I do, of course, wish you all the vey best in your recovery.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:46 pm

Good stuff. On Succession (and Curb), Now TV are very sharp on how long they stay up. So they put the back catalogue up while the current series is airing, and then for about a month afterwards, then it all comes down. So think you've got until about mid Jan to watch Succession. The third series (10 EPs, 10, 9) has just finished.

That was my issue with the American Office and why it took me a few goes. I'd skip the first series all together. After that they become their own characters (you can still see the resemblance but it has its own heart) and the cast is top drawer.

There's a current hipster trend to say it's better than the UK version. It's not IMO, but it's more then passable in its own right.

And :lol: fair enough.

Anyone else watched Get Back? I watched #1 the other day, enjoyed it a lot.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:00 pm

Love the US office and we're just finishing our 3rd run of it too. As good as the storylines and characters are though, you're right. It can't beat the UK version.

Not caught up with Curb yet. Seinfeld is all on Netflix too now.

Enjoyed Olivia Coleman and David Thewlis in the Landscapers last week. Its a decent watch but its them two that make it.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"