What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:04 am

Finished watching The Responder last night. If you haven't, then FFS get on it. Dark, compelling, and with the oddly random piss-funny line thrown in. Martin Freeman is outstanding as a troubled, unconventional but ultimately well-meaning Scouse copper. Really, REALLY recommend.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:39 am

Watched two episodes of Trigger Point. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems to be drifting into a all too familiar kitchen-sink marital problems drama. Too much private life content and not enough of the core action.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:56 pm

Got a few minutes to spare, watch Ricky Gervais destroy the Golden Globe awards show. and read the American views on it in the comments section. Amazing and hilarious..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBh2BkgQ33U

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:48 am

Last night.........Peaky Fvcking Blinders!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:51 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 10:48 am
Great series with fine acting, but it has to end somewhere. Tragic losing Aunt Polly in real life. Loved it right through and have been a Cillian Murphy fan since "The Wind that shakes the barley" . I hear he has played joker in a Batman film which I didn't know?

Trigger point ended last night too, but it was no "Line of Duty." Earlier watched Ireland steamroller the Italians in Six Nations rugby.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:52 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
By order of the...... :lol:

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:13 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 12:51 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Great series with fine acting, but it has to end somewhere. Tragic losing Aunt Polly in real life. Loved it right through and have been a Cillian Murphy fan since "The Wind shakes the barley" . I hear he has played joker in a Batman film which I didn't know?

Trigger point ended last night too, but it was no "Line of Duty." Earlier watched Ireland steamroller the Italians in Six Nations rugby.
Not the Joker TD but The Scarecrow. He ran Gotham (Arkham?) Asylum as the Head Psychologist (I think)

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:14 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:13 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Great series with fine acting, but it has to end somewhere. Tragic losing Aunt Polly in real life. Loved it right through and have been a Cillian Murphy fan since "The Wind shakes the barley" . I hear he has played joker in a Batman film which I didn't know?

Not the Joker TD but The Scarecrow. He ran Gotham (Arkham?) Asylum as the Head Psychologist (I think)
Batman Begins.

Have you seen 28 days later?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:01 pm

Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:14 pm
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:13 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Gary the Enfield wrote:
Great series with fine acting, but it has to end somewhere. Tragic losing Aunt Polly in real life. Loved it right through and have been a Cillian Murphy fan since "The Wind that shakes the barley" . I hear he has played joker in a Batman film which I didn't know?

Batman Begins.

Have you seen 28 days later?
Thanks Gary, and no, not seen that one.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:29 pm

Shane, on Amazon Prime. Only came out a few months ago I think.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:32 pm

Latest Peaky Blinders is slower, but just as full of menace. I was intrigued to find that the producers almost gave the part of Thomas Shelby to Jason Statham. I reckon he could have done it, if in a different way. Cillian Murphy reminded them he was an actor and got the part. Interesting though. I like Statham and he had me remembering that good actors can play almost any part. Classic example of this is Stanley Tucci, a top,top star.

Bit surprised (I shouldn't be) to see Alfie Solomon (Tom Hardy, another great actor,) who I thought was dead, reappearing in Peakies...the plot thickens. :wink:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:26 pm

The new series of Killing Eve. Is it that I should make an effort to watch it when I'm less tired, or have they really gone out of their way to make it as confounding as they can?

zahidqureshi8519
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by zahidqureshi8519 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:24 am
Watched 'Denial' last night. The film about David Ingram's libel case. Very good film. Timothy Spall is excellent.
Hadn't seen it before, about a French high-wire walker ( Phillipe Petit) and his incredible nerve and skill

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:40 pm

With a little trepidation, I tucked into The Ipcress File. Thought it pretty decent to be honest. Not a bad Harry Palmer...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:24 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 6:40 pm
With a little trepidation, I tucked into The Ipcress File. Thought it pretty decent to be honest. Not a bad Harry Palmer...
Watched the first episode. Might come back to it but not in a rush.
We're currently watching something called Thirteen, with girly out of Killing Eve in it. It's about a girl who escapes 13 years after being kidnapped. After two episodes I'm thinking it's more to do with Stockholm Syndrome, but then, that's possibly what they want the viewer to think at this stage?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:34 pm

zahidqureshi8519 wrote:
Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:36 am

Hadn't seen it before, about a French high-wire walker ( Phillipe Petit) and his incredible nerve and skill
Have seen that absolutely amazing.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:32 pm

Two sitcom reccos.

Firstly, on BBC at the moment, the Witchfinder. Ignore the absolutely awful trailer, and power through the mediocre first episode, it's really solid.

Stewart Lee and Richard Herring fell out with Patrick Marber over who "created" Alan Partridge. Regardless of that fight his spiritual owners are the Gibbons brothers who've been behind all the recent stuff including both excellent "autobiographies". They wrote this, and it stars Tim Key (Sidekick Simon) and Daisy May Cooper (from the glorious This Country). Many many excellent cameos from some greats as well.

Secondly, inspired by Brucey's comment on today's Heardle and given I'm rewatching it at the moment, if you've never seen it I heartily recommend Community (Netflix and possibly still 4od). Without a shadow of a doubt in my top 10 sitcoms of all time. Yon Childish Gambino, Donald Glover is it in, with Chevvy Chase and some other crackers. Has a touch of American sentimentality but it's absolutely fabulous.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Mar 16, 2022 11:33 pm

Away from sitcoms have watched two really good music documentaries. Jeen-Yuhs about the rise of Kanye West, and the Searcher about Elvis. Both fascinating even if you're not a huge fan of their music (though the third ep of the Kanye one is a bit of a washout).

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:57 pm

I fail to see how Sugar can elect a winner in this year's The Apprentice, as the final two have bullshitted their way there.
One has absolutely no credible business whatsoever. Claimed to be a designer of PJ'S yet has never designed anything. Then tried to play the green credentials card whilst actually planning to bring in any old shit from China.
The other one claims to own a bakery business which, it transpires, she only owns half of.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Fri Mar 18, 2022 2:27 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Fri Mar 18, 2022 12:57 pm
I fail to see how Sugar can elect a winner in this year's The Apprentice, as the final two have bullshitted their way there.
One has absolutely no credible business whatsoever. Claimed to be a designer of PJ'S yet has never designed anything. Then tried to play the green credentials card whilst actually planning to bring in any old shit from China.
The other one claims to own a bakery business which, it transpires, she only owns half of.
The editing on that programme is so ridiculous it's turned it into some kind of parody. Everyone but Sugar are made to look like numpties. They do market research on finished products that they 'cant' alter, the team and the sub team separate but then seemingly cant keep in touch so they know what each other is doing etc etc.

Reality TV is less reality and more entertainment nowadays.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"