What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:16 pm

boltonboris wrote:My missus has been watching that. They may aswell replace half the actors with paper fecking plates with faces drawn on, because they'll be better actors.
Absolutely, Boris. The standard of the acting apart from, most notably, Penelope Wilton (who is absolutely outstanding) and, I'd say, Angela Griffin, it's ropey stuff but a decent enough storyline. Also, it's on on a Monday when I have bog all else to do ;)
May the bridges I burn light your way

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:09 am

Been trying my hardest to make Peaky Blinders stick but just can't warm to it....

Netflix however have struck gold again with 'Stranger a Things' couple of episodes in and it's excellent, retro-eighties-supernatural-pop-culture-tastic drama,

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:11 am

General Mannerheim wrote:Been trying my hardest to make Peaky Blinders stick but just can't warm to it....

Netflix however have struck gold again with 'Stranger a Things' couple of episodes in and it's excellent, retro-eighties-supernatural-pop-culture-tastic drama,

aye - just started watching that on the recco of one of my kids... good stuff!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:37 pm

Has anyone seen this Suicide Squad yet? R4 ran an item earlier on how much stick it's getting from the critics

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:09 am

I'd rather suck off Eric Pickles than watch another superhero film. Enough ffs.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:27 am

Prufrock wrote:I'd rather suck off Eric Pickles than watch another superhero film. Enough ffs.
I was saying to a friend the other day that I'd got tired of them.
I don't feel quite as strongly as you do about it though! :vomit:

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:45 am

Prufrock wrote:I'd rather suck off Eric Pickles than watch another superhero film. Enough ffs.
:shock:

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:53 am

watching superhero films isn't THAT hard to avoid, surely?? :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:21 am

Oh is that what it is? Easy to see why they'd be slagging it off then.I'll be giving it a miss then.

Hope it works out between you and Eric. ;)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:35 am

margot robbie. nuff said.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:51 pm

Watched The Falling. Nice idea, and the young cast are v good but it's v messy ace the writing is just insane. Frustrating affair.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:59 pm

Prufrock wrote:Watched The Falling. Nice idea, and the young cast are v good but it's v messy ace the writing is just insane. Frustrating affair.
Whose cock you going to blow rather than watch that again then?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Post by LeverEnd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:22 am

Hoboh wrote:
Prufrock wrote:Watched The Falling. Nice idea, and the young cast are v good but it's v messy ace the writing is just insane. Frustrating affair.
Whose cock you going to blow rather than watch that again then?
:lol:

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Spent the last 3 days at Edinburgh Fringe for the first time. We've taken in over 20 performances, a mix of drama and comedy. The choice is incredible.

Top picks have been 2 dramas, 'Wild Thing' a short play about Oliver Reed and 'Hess' , a one hour monologue set in Spandau Prison, which left me unable to speak for 3 or 4 minutes afterwards, it was that powerful.

Some great comedy so far too, but yesterday saw us watching a show written by Hardeep Koli Singh, 'Rentgirl' which was about as funny as having your cock stapled to an oak plank. With rusty staples. Mind you, even that was funnier than the freebie we got dragged into yesterday afternoon, which was so excruciatingly bad I wished I'd had 2 nice pieces of polystyrene to rub together instead.

Already planning next year.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:20 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Spent the last 3 days at Edinburgh Fringe for the first time. We've taken in over 20 performances, a mix of drama and comedy. The choice is incredible.

Top picks have been 2 dramas, 'Wild Thing' a short play about Oliver Reed and 'Hess' , a one hour monologue set in Spandau Prison, which left me unable to speak for 3 or 4 minutes afterwards, it was that powerful.

Some great comedy so far too, but yesterday saw us watching a show written by Hardeep Koli Singh, 'Rentgirl' which was about as funny as having your cock stapled to an oak plank. With rusty staples. Mind you, even that was funnier than the freebie we got dragged into yesterday afternoon, which was so excruciatingly bad I wished I'd had 2 nice pieces of polystyrene to rub together instead.

Already planning next year.
You're being too modest BB. Share with everyone the richly deserved, and may I say long overdue, award that you won?
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:47 pm

Was it for best fringe?

Bijou Bob
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Bijou Bob » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:37 pm

Tw4t. The late night show last night involved one performer, 6 male audience members and 30 female for what turned out to be a masturbation masterclass entitled 'The W4nk Bank'. Unfortunately, the Usher ensured I was unable to follow the first rule of comedy- Never sit front and centre. Such was my prowess with a cucumber and lube (apparently silicon lube works FAR better) after being dragged on stage to help demonstrate 'The Corkscrew' and ' The Elevator' that I won the 'Wank3r of the Week' award, to much praise and ahem, a standing ovation. I'm so proud.
Uma mesa para um, faz favor. Obrigado.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 14, 2016 4:46 pm

:lol:

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:54 pm

Bijou Bob wrote:Tw4t. The late night show last night involved one performer, 6 male audience members and 30 female for what turned out to be a masturbation masterclass entitled 'The W4nk Bank'. Unfortunately, the Usher ensured I was unable to follow the first rule of comedy- Never sit front and centre. Such was my prowess with a cucumber and lube (apparently silicon lube works FAR better) after being dragged on stage to help demonstrate 'The Corkscrew' and ' The Elevator' that I won the 'Wank3r of the Week' award, to much praise and ahem, a standing ovation. I'm so proud.
There HAS to be photos of this.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sun Aug 14, 2016 9:35 pm

^ You'd think wouldn't you? :D

Went to Home in Manchester today. Hadn't been since it relocated from the corner house. Nice set up and good food and beer.

Watched a film called Hope. French movie I think about African migrants trying to get to Europe. A great yet harrowing film and at the end everyone stayed in their seats for a while, probably because like us, I expect they were in floods of tears :oops: Definitely worth catching it if you can. Should be compulsory viewing in the corridors of power.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"