What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sun May 26, 2019 7:20 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:53 pm
Bit late to the party on this but the American version of The Office is superb television.
A bit late!
I recommend Catcher in the Rye for a little light weekend reading... :wink:
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Mon May 27, 2019 7:24 pm

CrazyHorse wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 2:53 pm
Bit late to the party on this but the American version of The Office is superb television.
Absolutely. 8 or 9 seasons of top quality telly
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue May 28, 2019 4:22 pm

Just seen a twenty minute excerpt of tonight's Chernobyl.
Harrowing.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:21 pm

Angels and Demons...film of Dan Brown's book. Seen it before but it's a decent film so....
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:25 pm

One of the very best thriller films of the recent era( 1998) Ronin, is on tonight (Freeview channel 24 at 10-o'clock). Di Nero,. Jean Reno, Stelan Skarsgard, Natashcha McElhone and Sean Been in a real cracker of a film. ( Oh, and ice-skater Katerina Witt for good measure) If you have to have car chases, they just don't get better (realistically, not James Bond nonsense) than this. I'll be there.. :oyea:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 pm

63 up. Loving it. The main parties were only in their 20s when I first started watching it. Each new series seems to come around a hell of a lot quicker as I'm getting older!
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:44 pm
63 up. Loving it. The main parties were only in their 20s when I first started watching it. Each new series seems to come around a hell of a lot quicker as I'm getting older!
I'm their age. Perhaps because of that I've never watched it.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Enjoyed it here too. Not seen any before but they are around my mums age so I’m finding it interesting for that reason too. The fashions throughout the ages are entertaining as well!

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:41 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:22 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 1:18 pm
Harry Genshaw wrote:
Enjoyed it here too. Not seen any before but they are around my mums age so I’m finding it interesting for that reason too. The fashions throughout the ages are entertaining as well!
Some of us in Bolton are still wearing those fashions. 8)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:25 pm

Those of you who didn't watch The Virtues need to go back and watch it. Superb, gripping television. One of the best things I've ever watched.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:26 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Tried to watch that but found it chiefly tedious :?

jmjhb
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jmjhb » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:18 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:25 pm
Those of you who didn't watch The Virtues need to go back and watch it. Superb, gripping television. One of the best things I've ever watched.
I'm sure it's cracking like most of Meadows's work but there's only so much miserable kitchen sink drama you can watch. :|

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 am

Summat else for you to watch - Last Breath. It's on Netflix amongst other stuff.
It's one of these documentary films and tells the tale, and includes lots of actual footage, of a guy called Chris Lemons, a deep sea diver working on a routine oil well maintenance job when things go horribly wrong. So, without ruining it for you, he's stuck on the sea bed with five minutes worth of oxygen but with no chance of being rescued within 30 minutes.

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:37 am
Summat else for you to watch - Last Breath. It's on Netflix amongst other stuff.
It's one of these documentary films and tells the tale, and includes lots of actual footage, of a guy called Chris Lemons, a deep sea diver working on a routine oil well maintenance job when things go horribly wrong. So, without ruining it for you, he's stuck on the sea bed with five minutes worth of oxygen but with no chance of being rescued within 30 minutes.
I'll give that a try. Started watching Designated Survivor on Netflix. First couple of episodes had potential but now getting silly. Another '24' which I thought was completely ridiculous. I've given up after 6 episodes.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Christ I feel claustrophobic just reading that. Hell no!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:53 am

Prufrock wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:58 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Christ I feel claustrophobic just reading that. Hell no!
Haha. You will do when you see the diving bells that three people have to live in at the bottom of the ocean for 28 days at a time. :D

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:13 am

Anyone else watch ITV's 'Wild Bill' starring Rob Lowe, last night. Absolute shite, I thought. I only found out that it's supposedly a 'comedy drama' this morning, which came as a surprise due to there not being a scintilla of comedy in it, and the drama aspect is just piss-poor with holes in the plot that you could drive a bus through.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:01 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Watched it last night. :shock:

That was damn good telly

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:39 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:01 am
Bruce Rioja wrote:
Watched it last night. :shock:

That was damn good telly
Did you find yourself involuntarily holding your breath too? :)

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm

So, last Wednesday evening and I was sat in with nowt to do, so thought I'd watch the opening episode of 'Wild Bill'. Rob Lowe plays an American rozzer with a troubled past, of course, who takes up the position of chief rozzer in Boston, Lincolnshire, where he's come to make a fresh start. Every cliche is present in this and I soon formed the opinion that it's fecking shite.

Last night, once again sat in with nowt to do so thought I'd give it the benefit of precious little doubt and watched the second instalment. Nope, it truly is - fecking shite.