What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:36 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:34 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:19 pm
Traumatised by the ending of Sanditon (which I had been loving) tonight. Tango, have you been watching it?
Ha, no, G.G.but my wife is complaining bitterly at no happy ending. Jane Austen never finished it so I didn't even read the part finished version. Much as I like all her other novels which I know inside out, I read one chapter and thought it rubbish. The T.V thing is script writer imagination only. .
I’m with Mrs Tango here! I know it was unfinished but I’m sure Jane Austen would have written a happy ending. There must be a second series I’m guessing, surely. I even took to Twitter over it and I barely ever go on there!

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Arrival.

Oh boy did you all get *that* wrong with your awards and what not. What a load of toss.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Jakerbeef
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by Jakerbeef » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:00 pm

I'm with you. Very underwhelmed.

Some timeskip weirdness to make it arty. I'm usually all in favour (same director did Enemy, which was batsh*t and great) but there wasn't enough in this one and Jeremy Renner is a lot of nothing.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:38 pm

Yep.

*SPOILER ALERT*

Felt like they'd got a hell of a long way through the "Alien Memento" thing before someone asked why on earth the aliens were there in the first place. Then quick, shove in one line that they'll need help in 3000 years and hope for the best.

I liked Sicario, will check out enemy.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:40 pm

I did try to 'get into' Dublin Murders. Unfortunately I found it to be a pile of unfathomable old bollocks and gave up on it.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:47 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:40 pm
I did try to 'get into' Dublin Murders. Unfortunately I found it to be a pile of unfathomable old bollocks and gave up on it.
Sadly, I have to agree. I gave up too. Thought it would be good.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 am

The wall with Danny Dyer. Or the woah as he pronounces it.

I don't know if it's usually like that but it was the funniest half hour of telly I've seen in a while. One annoying contestant with a numb c*nt of a partner getting all the questions wrong accompanied by Danny being pwoppa nawty shouting "drop em" every few minutes. Reading the live twitter feed with it, only added to the hilarity.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:43 am

Have you seen his UFO documentary, Harry? "I believe in UFOs: Danny Dyer".

He goes around the UK and America interviewing people who've spotted aliens or UFOs. I wholeheartedly urge you to seek it out and find out if you haven't. One of the finest hours of comedy in the last decade.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:58 am

Harry Genshaw wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:18 am
The wall with Danny Dyer. Or the woah as he pronounces it.

I don't know if it's usually like that but it was the funniest half hour of telly I've seen in a while. One annoying contestant with a numb c*nt of a partner getting all the questions wrong accompanied by Danny being pwoppa nawty shouting "drop em" every few minutes. Reading the live twitter feed with it, only added to the hilarity.
Amazing. I was set to go to bed at 11 when this came on, and for reasons I cannot explain I found myself being absolutely intrigued by it, and watched it through to its midnight conclusion.

A fecking annoying bint shouting at inanimate objects with her thick-as-feck fella answering the most basic of general knowledge incorrectly, capped off by him losing them £30K.

I knew Danny Dyer was born to do something away from football hooliganism and this is it.

HMHB had exactly these contestants in mind when they wrote this. :)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:59 am

Currently watching our inimitable Historian Professor Lucy Worsley on "The six wives of Henry VIII". I love this woman's presence, knowledge, intelligence and sense of humour. Totally unafraid to take the pxss out of herself, she's always worth watching whether following Jane Austen, dancing with Len Goodman or exploring ancient Egypt. Go Lucy... :D

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:43 am
Have you seen his UFO documentary, Harry? "I believe in UFOs: Danny Dyer".

He goes around the UK and America interviewing people who've spotted aliens or UFOs. I wholeheartedly urge you to seek it out and find out if you haven't. One of the finest hours of comedy in the last decade.
I've not seen that. Not on catch up or Netflix sadly. I'll have a look on you tube. After last night I'm starting to view him as a comedy genius :lol:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:19 pm

The new Ken Loach film - Sorry we missed you. Typical laugh along Loach stuff! Take tissues and leave with a sense of anger and injustice.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:53 pm

A re-watch of one of the best films of its kind made. I.T.V 4 (freeview 24) 9-0'clock. "Ronin"..Right up there with Gene Hackman's "The French Connection". De Niro at his best. If you haven't seen it, do. If you have, well I've seen it two or three times but I'll be giving it another go.
Recommended.

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 pm

The Crown, episode 3 of the new series about the Aberfan disaster. So sad.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:00 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 pm
I visited Abefan some years ago whilst working down there. I sat on the other side of the valley and looked across to where the school is/was under a slag heap and where the kids are buried in the cemetery under white gravestones. Some utter feck* decided that that would be a good place to store waste from the mine above the village. Not sure I've ever felt such anger and sorrow at the same time quite like it.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:24 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:00 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:30 pm
I visited Abefan some years ago whilst working down there. I sat on the other side of the valley and looked across to where the school is/was under a slag heap and where the kids are buried in the cemetery under white gravestones. Some utter feck* decided that that would be a good place to store waste from the mine above the village. Not sure I've ever felt such anger and sorrow at the same time quite like it.
There's a brilliant and very moving article on the Beebs website at the moment about Aberfan and the aftermath. Utterly outrageous what happened

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:22 am

The Irishman. Brilliant. 3 hours flies by. Scorsese at his finest.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:57 pm

Just started watching The Trial of Christine Keeler. The whole Profumo affair is something that's intrigued my for years.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:05 pm

Went to the cinema yesterday, for the first time in yonks. Watched 'The Lighthouse'. If you're looking for something to cheer you up, this isn't it. :)

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:10 pm

Cannot stop watching Dave's performance from the Brits last night.

I'm not a huge rap fan and only previously knew him from that Thiago Silva song that went viral when they got the kid out of the crowd with the PSG shirt at Glastonbury.

Anyway, he performed Black at the Brits last night including a line calling the Prime Minister racist (and so headlines today). It's an incredibly powerful performance, moving, thought-provoking, and delivered perfectly. Sure one or two of you will become rap fans after listening :D

Also, Dave is an objectively funny name for a rapper.