What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:31 pm

I understand. As you can probably tell it's background noise not required viewing. I've long held the view that watching United in Europe is to some extent a no-loser - if they win, it's good for the English game (lately having an effect via coefficients on our UEFA Cup qualification chances), while if they lose, it's funny as f*ck. Partly for this reason, the 3-3s between these two sides a while back (when Rivaldo was in his pomp) are among the best games I've seen, especially as United didn't win either. (That said, I could watch Barcelona 4 United 0 on a loop - I even had a poster of the scoreboard on my wall at uni!)

Have to say though I start to lose my nerve when they get this close...

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Fri May 02, 2008 10:40 pm

Tonight I have mostly been watching In The Soup - best film ever, unless you have an alternative.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun May 25, 2008 8:45 pm

Going to give "Walk the Line" a go tonight. Not read any bad reviews about it and I always liked Johhny Cash.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Off to eighteen-eighties Egypt tonight for the latest take on W.E.Mason's "The Four Feathers" at 9-0'clock on BBC 2. Seen quite a few versions over the years including the contra-titled "Storm over the Nile" so I'll see what the modern version's like.

Maybe Lt Zulu will be donning the red jacket and sallying forth into the desert?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon May 26, 2008 9:07 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:Off to eighteen-eighties Egypt tonight for the latest take on W.E.Mason's "The Four Feathers" at 9-0'clock on BBC 2. Seen quite a few versions over the years including the contra-titled "Storm over the Nile" so I'll see what the modern version's like.

Maybe Lt Zulu will be donning the red jacket and sallying forth into the desert?
He'd fit in with the movie (I assume you are watching the Heath Ledger version) although in fact the British troops were already wearing khaki by that time. This version is notable for the British losing the battle when the square was briefly broken, a battle that was actually won. I liked the 1939 Korda version the best although it was set in 1898 (Storm over the Nile used the same script and a lot of stock footage from the earlier version) not the campaign immediately following the fall of Khartoum. Have fun, Tango.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon May 26, 2008 11:15 pm

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:Off to eighteen-eighties Egypt tonight for the latest take on W.E.Mason's "The Four Feathers" at 9-0'clock on BBC 2. Seen quite a few versions over the years including the contra-titled "Storm over the Nile" so I'll see what the modern version's like.

He'd fit in with the movie (I assume you are watching the Heath Ledger version) although in fact the British troops were already wearing khaki by that time. This version is notable for the British losing the battle when the square was briefly broken, a battle that was actually won. I liked the 1939 Korda version the best although it was set in 1898 (Storm over the Nile used the same script and a lot of stock footage from the earlier version) not the campaign immediately following the fall of Khartoum. Have fun, Tango.
Turned out I'd already seen it Monty, but I watched it anyway. Typical, stiff-upper lip, Empire stuff and I too preferred the earlier versions.

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue May 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Actually just watched 'Doomsday', a very errm interesting film to say the least. I can only destibe it as cross between Mad Max 2, 28 days later, Underworld (main character), Resident Evil 3 and King Author of Camelot (yes you heard me)

It's an ok film, with plenty of violence, but it was so very obvious it was made by nicking ideas from all the above films. It even had more our less the same music as 28 days later.

Still, very watchable.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Wed May 28, 2008 10:57 pm

After returning home from the pub after yet another forgettable England match, I flicked on the box. Having only 5 channels means I'm one of the few people who've ever watched channel 5.

It is showing a programme about Yanks and their cars. More precisely its about Yanks who are so obsessed with their cars they have never had a relationship with anyone but their cars, and pleasure themselves over them.

I'm sure it was intended to shock me. I'm now scared. Very scared.

These guys run the world, and they have people who literally (as opposed to figuratively) w*nk over their cars. They have nuclear weapons, the biggest army, the largest economy, the most influence in world politics, and people who w*nk over their cars.

We're fecked. :shock:
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Thu May 29, 2008 12:57 am

At least we only have people who are on the sex offenders register for sha**ing a bicycle....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... court.html

Fortunately he is a sweaty, so we can disown him....

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu May 29, 2008 8:38 am

I watched this too.... it was f*cking hilarious.

They put two of these "mechaphiles" together and one of them ended up w*nking over the other one's car in the middle of the night.

Fortunately these freaks will die out after one generation.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu May 29, 2008 9:53 pm

Wife got me watching "Britain's got talent" last couple of nights :oops: (not the audition stuff, but the selected few). Have to see it finish now because of a twelve year old girl with an utterly staggering voice. If I were the judges I'd want to see her birth certificate because she looks more like eighteen (In a natural and lovely way without all the fake tan and make-up). No wonder her dad was in tears when she won. This girl is amazing. Watch this space. Britain really does have talent.

Dujon
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Dujon » Fri May 30, 2008 12:22 am

Steady on, TANGO, surely the world has enough Churches already?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 30, 2008 12:23 am

Dujon wrote:Steady on, TANGO, surely the world has enough Churches already?
Charlotte-an. :mrgreen:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Fri May 30, 2008 8:27 am

question time. with a running commentary on ok magazine from the mrs, usually at the end of a question or when an important point is being made

SuperWhiteWarrior
Promising
Promising

Post by SuperWhiteWarrior » Fri May 30, 2008 11:46 am

WWE Smackdown 10pm on SS3.
Where The One And Only Wanderers

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri May 30, 2008 11:58 am

Had a good few nights of film, Trading Places on Sunday night, The Untouchables on Tuesday

wovlad
Promising
Promising
Location: Underneath the squeaky floorboard, behind the kitchen dresser

Post by wovlad » Fri May 30, 2008 12:32 pm

Its programme like Britain's got Talent, that make we want to emmigrate
If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is for ever England

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri May 30, 2008 2:26 pm

wovlad wrote:Its programme like Britain's got Talent, that make we want to emmigrate
Is that another programme I don't know about? :mrgreen:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri May 30, 2008 8:29 pm

Worthy4England wrote:At least we only have people who are on the sex offenders register for sha**ing a bicycle.....
What a terrible misunderstanding. Afterall, Every bloke's shagged a bike! :conf:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri May 30, 2008 11:38 pm

Just starting "amazing journey - the story of the Who"....on BBC2 now...