What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:50 am

Puskas wrote:Thanks to the joys of lovefilm.com, I just watched Lucio Fulci's classic "City of the Living Dead".
Watched it about 20 years ago, and thought at the time that it didn't make any sense. However, older and wiser (or at least older), I can now confirm that it definitely doesn't make any sense. Particularly the end - wtf is going on?
Having said that, films that make sense are for girls. And no one wants a chick flick. Instead, we want zombies that appear out of thin air to inflicate some random eyeball violence before disappearing. And this film has those in abundance.
It also has a marvellous scene in which a woman vomits her guts up. Literally.
So, overall, one all the family can enjoy.
Ive never seen this, its sounds brilliant.

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:25 am

superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Puskas wrote:Thanks to the joys of lovefilm.com, I just watched Lucio Fulci's classic "City of the Living Dead".
Watched it about 20 years ago, and thought at the time that it didn't make any sense. However, older and wiser (or at least older), I can now confirm that it definitely doesn't make any sense. Particularly the end - wtf is going on?
Having said that, films that make sense are for girls. And no one wants a chick flick. Instead, we want zombies that appear out of thin air to inflicate some random eyeball violence before disappearing. And this film has those in abundance.
Oh, it is. A marvellous film.
If this is your sort of thing, I suggest you watch a few other Lucio Fulci films, as well. He made four classic zombie movies. Apart from City of The Living Dead, they were:
The Beyond: Probably his best one (of his zombie films). Again, doesn't make a lot of sense (although slightly more than City of the Living Dead), but has lots of zombies, and some more splendid eyeball violence, including an unpleasant scene with spiders.
Zombie Flesh Eaters: Probably his most famous. Doesn't have the weirdness of CotLD or The Beyond - the premise is quite simple, zombies come back (for some reason or other that I forget) and start killing people. Has a classic scene involving an eye and a splinter on a doorframe.
House By The Cemetary: IMHO, the weakest of his zombie movies (there's only one zombie, ffs!). Science gone wrong is the theme - Dr Freudstein's old house has something nasty in the cellar. There's some eyeball violence (obviously, there always is in Fulci's films), but I can't remember the details.

All of them now easily available, uncut.
"People are crazy and times are strange
I’m locked in tight, I’m out of range
I used to care, but things have changed"

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:09 am

Puskas wrote:
superjohnmcginlay wrote:
Oh, it is. A marvellous film.
If this is your sort of thing, I suggest you watch a few other Lucio Fulci films, as well. He made four classic zombie movies. Apart from City of The Living Dead, they were:
The Beyond: Probably his best one (of his zombie films). Again, doesn't make a lot of sense (although slightly more than City of the Living Dead), but has lots of zombies, and some more splendid eyeball violence, including an unpleasant scene with spiders.
Zombie Flesh Eaters: Probably his most famous. Doesn't have the weirdness of CotLD or The Beyond - the premise is quite simple, zombies come back (for some reason or other that I forget) and start killing people. Has a classic scene involving an eye and a splinter on a doorframe.House By The Cemetary: IMHO, the weakest of his zombie movies (there's only one zombie, ffs!). Science gone wrong is the theme - Dr Freudstein's old house has something nasty in the cellar. There's some eyeball violence (obviously, there always is in Fulci's films), but I can't remember the details.

All of them now easily available, uncut.
I saw this ages ago. Your reminding me of it just made my scrote tighten in fear. :shock:
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Just watched Pan's Labyrinth... El laberinto del fauno

cracking film - Spanish with subbies

Battyman films??? pah!

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:50 pm

thebish wrote:Just watched Pan's Labyrinth... El laberinto del fauno

Battyman films??? pah!

Oddly enough, that's the film that's winging its way to me from lovefilm.com, now I've sent back City of the Living Dead.
I should look forward to it, then?

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:55 pm

Puskas wrote:
thebish wrote:Just watched Pan's Labyrinth... El laberinto del fauno

Battyman films??? pah!

Oddly enough, that's the film that's winging its way to me from lovefilm.com, now I've sent back City of the Living Dead.
I should look forward to it, then?

I enjoyed it - some senseless violence - smashing in a bloke's face with a bottle - some weirdy kid with dreams of the underworld (and a rather cracking monster - the pic I included) - a little bit of torture - all wrapped up in Franco's post-civil war Spain....

you'll hate it - absolutely no zombie-action at all!

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:38 pm

Nightmare on Elm Street tonight.

Never seen it.......

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:05 pm

Batman wrote:Nightmare on Elm Street tonight.

Never seen it.......
Honestly?
May the bridges I burn light your way

Batman

Post by Batman » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:24 pm

honestly

Verbal
Icon
Icon

Post by Verbal » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:32 pm

House of Saddam. Meh.
"Young people, nowadays, imagine money is everything."

"Yes, and when they grow older they know it."

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Batman wrote:honestly
Enjoy.

Batman

Post by Batman » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:24 am

SHITE

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:07 am

Batman wrote:SHITE
Undiluted!

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:25 am

over the last 3 nights, I have watched the full series of One Summer.

Awesome.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:38 am

Not actually last night as I was busy winning the League with my football team, but on Tuesday night I watched The Invincibles.

Ok, so I'm touching 30, however was still a cracking film.

enfieldwhite
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by enfieldwhite » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:35 am

I tried to watch Dark Knight last night.

It's on six screens of the local UGC and they were still queueing out of the door. Earliest viewing at 7.15 was 9.30. F*cking Orange Wednesday chavs all over the shop and the pre-pay machine was broken.

Gave it up and went home to watch Last King of Scotland on DVD from LoveFilm. DVD was faulty.

Watched The One on Ch. 5 (Jet Li and Jason Statham) Not very good.

Kicked the Cat. Went to bed.
"You're Gemini, and I don't know which one I like the most!"

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:13 pm

LOVEFILM have now sent me City of the Living Dead and Cannibal Holocaust.

Also it's my turn to pick the DVDs tomorrow for the Film Night that the wife and I have..........

oh yes!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:19 pm

Batman wrote:LOVEFILM have now sent me City of the Living Dead and Cannibal Holocaust.

Also it's my turn to pick the DVDs tomorrow for the Film Night that the wife and I have..........oh yes!
The absolute essence of a romantic evening in. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Batman

Post by Batman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:24 pm

Last week she picked some soppy Meg Ryan film and some shit with Sandra Bullock in......

My turn now.....

Puskas
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Puskas » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:43 pm

Batman wrote:LOVEFILM have now sent me City of the Living Dead and Cannibal Holocaust.

Also it's my turn to pick the DVDs tomorrow for the Film Night that the wife and I have..........

oh yes!
Ah, Cannibal Holocaust - a truly sick film.
You'll enjoy the bit with the wooden pole/stake thing.

Although there's too much gratuitous animal killing in it for my liking. No need to do that.