What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:21 pm

Just started Series 3 of "Spiral" Hope it's as good as 2.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:28 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:21 pm
Just started Series 3 of "Spiral" Hope it's as good as 2.
Edit. Just finished Series 3. Whew,,Remind me never to get arrested in Paris (or France in general... :shock:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:57 am

Follow Iles commentary on the B.N, then England game then Strictly on B.B.C.Iplayer.

Tomorrow I'll start "Spiral" Seies 4. Been great so far , but I'm hoping it won't be a bridge too far.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:23 pm

So, having read some of the fuss about it, we've just watched the first episode of Squid Game. Blimey. Not fecking about, are they?! :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:29 am

This, tonight, 9pm on BBC1. I idolised Merse growing up as a young Arsenal fan in the 1990’s. Should be an interesting watch.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... 859342.amp

Gooner Girl
Legend
Legend

Post by Gooner Girl » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 pm

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:29 am
This, tonight, 9pm on BBC1. I idolised Merse growing up as a young Arsenal fan in the 1990’s. Should be an interesting watch.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc. ... 859342.amp
It was interesting, definitely something needs to be done to regulate gambling more tightly. And when he talked about how he regretted his move to Boro (for the money) I nearly cried - much like I did back in 1997 when he left (only transfer that’s ever made me shed a tear!) Slightly disturbed by his son in a Chelsea shirt though :shock:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 am

Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 pm
And when he talked about how he regretted his move to Boro (for the money)
'You spoil us, Mr Gibson' :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:40 pm

Bruce, have you done "Spiral" yet? French with sub-titles but cracking T.V. I'm on series 5 now. It really is riveting stuff. Needs watching from the start on Series 1.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:55 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:40 pm
Bruce, have you done "Spiral" yet? French with sub-titles but cracking T.V. I'm on series 5 now. It really is riveting stuff. Needs watching from the start on Series 1.
No, Tango, but many thanks for the heads-up.

Currently binge-watching our way through Squid Game so will have a look after this.

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:53 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:23 pm
So, having read some of the fuss about it, we've just watched the first episode of Squid Game. Blimey. Not fecking about, are they?! :shock:
Saw the first one last night. Feck me! :shock:

Burnden Paddock
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Burnden Paddock » Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:54 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 am
Gooner Girl wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 pm
And when he talked about how he regretted his move to Boro (for the money)
'You spoil us, Mr Gibson' :D

Driven through twice, most recently with your good self and HG. I am yet to see any colour other than the most miserable grey! Makes Wigan look like Las Vegas!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:42 pm

Burnden Paddock wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:54 pm

Driven through twice, most recently with your good self and HG. I am yet to see any colour other than the most miserable grey! Makes Wigan look like Las Vegas!
As I recall saying as we passed, BP, not even a nice day can make any difference to that place.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:25 am

Morag's Netflix was playing up last night so rather than watch a further instalment of Squid Game, we watched the first episode of Angela Black (ITV Hub). The basic premise of the story is that of a young mother who lives a seemingly idyllic life, but whose husband, although coming over as a nice guy, is violent, abusive and controlling. Looks like it could be a decent watch. Unlike Hollington Drive, the standard of acting looks to be very good too.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:38 pm

Tonight. 19:55 FA Cup First Round
AFC Sudbury v Colchester United B.B.C. 2. It's on B.B.C I player too.

Who knows, they may be our next opponents
FA Cup First Round :oyea:

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:03 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episodes/b088s45m/taboo

It's four years old, but if you haven't seen "Tabboo" your missing a treat. Eight episodes of a period drama set in Regency England and starring Tom Hardy and a great cast. A really powerful performance from hardy and one I'd recommend. Excellent.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:09 pm

Very much a guilty pleasue - Got 12 months Apple TV with my phone contract, so watched Ted Lasso..

A nice, easy heart-warming watch about an American 2nd rate Football coach, brought in to be Manager of a Premier League 'soccer' club, in order to ruin it, by the recently divorced Chairwoman, who's unfaithful husband was a fan and owner of the club.

Obviously does much better than anybody thought, by bringing everyone at the club together, especially a very split changing room
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:41 pm

This evening I'm mostly looking forward to watching 'The Hermit of Treig' on the iPlayer.

I read about this guy yesterday and found his story fascinating. Originally from Derbyshire he's spent the past 40 years living 'off grid' in the log cabin he built on the banks of Loch Treig in the Highlands.

No electric, no running water, no nowt, he lives on what he catches and what he forages. His cabin's a two hour walk from the nearest road.

He lives a life that I guess most of us think 'I wouldn't mind a blast at that' when the reality is tat we'd last less than a week.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:28 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:41 pm
This evening I'm mostly looking forward to watching 'The Hermit of Treig' on the iPlayer.

I read about this guy yesterday and found his story fascinating. Originally from Derbyshire he's spent the past 40 years living 'off grid' in the log cabin he built on the banks of Loch Treig in the Highlands.

No electric, no running water, no nowt, he lives on what he catches and what he forages. His cabin's a two hour walk from the nearest road.

He lives a life that I guess most of us think 'I wouldn't mind a blast at that' when the reality is tat we'd last less than a week.
Sounds great. Less than a day. Less.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:00 pm

Been watching some government/politics related scandal documentaries cum films on B.B.C.I.PLAYER. The Impeachment of Bill Clinton ( continuing) and The trial of Christine Keeler (I remember that one happening.) Gritty stuff, but maybe pinch-of-salt too? Who really knows?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:36 am

Bruce Rioja wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 4:41 pm

Pfft. Had stuff from a shop....he'll be getting Deliveroo next.

A grand recco, mate. Enjoyed it.