What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:14 am

WALL-E didn't really need 'em...

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:22 am

On this issue, the 18:30 slot on R4 which was so redoubtable for so many years and gave first airings to so much classic comedy is now generally awful (best exhibited by Count Arthur Strong).

For the last two Wednesdays I've listened to something called 'To Hull and Back' about a mother and daughter living together in Hull (the mother's played by Maureen Lipman)

Not even a curl to the corner of the mouth. Nowt.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:49 pm

I watched 'Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll' last night. Was ok I suppose but from what I remember of him, Andy Serkis' portrayal of Ian Dury was uncanny. I'd be interested to know what fans of him (& The Blockheads) thought of it.
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

bobo the clown
Immortal
Immortal
Location: N Wales, but close enough to Chester I can pretend I'm in England

Post by bobo the clown » Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:33 pm

Harry Genshaw wrote:I watched 'Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll' last night. Was ok I suppose but from what I remember of him, Andy Serkis' portrayal of Ian Dury was uncanny. I'd be interested to know what fans of him (& The Blockheads) thought of it.
It was a very good film, the singing bitsvery realistic.

Of course we knew little of his pretty appalling lifestyle, but rock music is littered with people who's behaviours are very questionable. The interesting ones anyway.
Not advocating mass-murder as an entirely positive experience, of course, but it had its moments.
"I understand you are a very good footballer" ... "I try".

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:05 pm

There's a new intrrnet sensation that the kidz are doing - the lady ones - renaming their hoo-hahs after the last film they watched...

I pointed this out to the missus with the reminder that the last film she watched was the film of the Bryson book - a walk in the woods...

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:51 am

thebish wrote:There's a new intrrnet sensation that the kidz are doing - the lady ones - renaming their hoo-hahs after the last film they watched...

I pointed this out to the missus with the reminder that the last film she watched was the film of the Bryson book - a walk in the woods...
I suppose you could still call it that if the last film you watched was Scent of a Woman.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:00 pm

ooh - look... Narcos season 2 starts on 2nd september...

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:58 pm

have enjoyed watching The Americans (season 1) on Amazon... it seems there is a season 2 and 3 - which is nice! :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:40 pm

Read John Le Carre's "The Constant Gardener" many moons back but never saw the film version. Watched it last night and found it enjoyable. Ralph Fiennes and Rachel Weisz did a fair job in the lead roles.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:42 pm

went to see the David Brent film.

liked it, huge fan of The Office so was great to see the character back. unfortunately he lays it on a bit thick tho, overdoes the Brent for me, like someone doing an exaggerated impression of Brent, makes it more unbelievable... strange experience as i was the only person in the auditorium but i did lol plenty of times. Also found it a bit sad too, the way everyone around him is so mean and nasty. makes you feel sorry for him. people arent like that, we all tolerate pillocks but we dont just completely blank them like his bandmates do, i wanted him to tell them to GTF! not offer to pay them by the hour to have a drink with him.. although you do see a nasty jealous side when a bit luck befalls his companion!

Further fuels my belief that Merchant is the brains behind it all, as everything Gervais does without him involved is usually bobbins, but its definitely a must watch for Office fans.

I like Doc Brown tho, heard him on the radio a few times, hes hosted Wittertainment before and was on Richard Herring, comes across really well! hope he makes it big.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:50 pm

One of my best friends has just had a sitcom pilot made by the BBC as one of their comedy feeds.

I'm biased, but it's excellent and you should check it out and spread the word (unless you think it's shit, then maybe don't tell anyone).

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... ory-of-tim" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:09 am

this week I am mostly watching Netflix's The Get Down... good stuff! :-)

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:21 am

Shadow Dancer. A slow-building and grim I.R.A family drama set in Belfast in the nineties. Clive Owen does a good job as an MI5 operative. Filmed in 2012 apparently. I've seen most films on the topic but I hadn't seen this one. A decent film that had my attention.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sun Sep 04, 2016 11:09 am

Lots of Arrested Development to cure my incredible hangover.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:33 am

thebish wrote:this week I am mostly watching Netflix's The Get Down... good stuff! :-)
finished it last night, cant quite believe the negative reviews. maybe the narrative is a bit cliched but i thought the dialogue and the music was amazing. The kid who played Ezekiel is a phenomenal talent, i was hooked as soon as he recited that poem in the first episode! i just grinned and danced all the way through it. frickin ace.

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:15 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:
thebish wrote:this week I am mostly watching Netflix's The Get Down... good stuff! :-)
finished it last night, cant quite believe the negative reviews. maybe the narrative is a bit cliched but i thought the dialogue and the music was amazing. The kid who played Ezekiel is a phenomenal talent, i was hooked as soon as he recited that poem in the first episode! i just grinned and danced all the way through it. frickin ace.
:oyea:

(takes me a while to tune out so I am not talking to everyone as if I was a bronx hip-hop junkie!)

General Mannerheim
Legend
Legend

Post by General Mannerheim » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:21 pm

ha yeah me too, punk ass motherfucker

thebish
Immortal
Immortal

Post by thebish » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:18 pm

General Mannerheim wrote:ha yeah me too, punk ass motherfucker
:D

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:05 pm

Jordskott....can't decide whether it's good or a little strange, or both...

Gary the Enfield
Legend
Legend

Post by Gary the Enfield » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:52 pm

The Last Leg

Genuinely warm and funny programme. The most genuine thing on t.v. at the moment.

I would still slap Josh Widdicombe though.