What are you watching tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Re: What are you watching tonight?

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:44 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:39 am
Prufrock wrote:
Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:36 pm
Finally got around to watching Hannah Gadsby's Nanette on Netflix, the joint winner of last year's Fringe award.

Some great comedy shows are like watching a craft you recognise performed at its peak, others are like a whole new game. Cried and laughed. It's an absolute must watch.
One for TD?
Oh, do cover your hairy chest up Insaney, medallions are so Engelbert Humperdinck. :lol:
Are you gonna watch it?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:32 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:
Finally got around to watching Hannah Gadsby's Nanette on Netflix, the joint winner of last year's Fringe award.

Some great comedy shows are like watching a craft you recognise performed at its peak, others are like a whole new game. Cried and laughed. It's an absolute must watch.
One for TD?
Oh, do cover your hairy chest up Insaney, medallions are so Engelbert Humperdinck. :lol:
Are you gonna watch it?
Highly unlikely as I watch few films these days except ( bought at charity shops) D.V.Ds at home. I bought "The Quiet Man" last week (my dad's favourite film). ( I do watch Jane Austen films regularly, so no macho angle from me.) I watched Bridge of Spies last night, and The Imitation game and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy lately . My sort of movies. Will you be watching it?
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Binge watched those 8 episodes of Manchester City: All or Nothing on Amazon Prime yesterday

absolutely brilliant to watch, but can't understand a word Guardiola says. They all just look at him bewildered
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:26 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:55 pm
Binge watched those 8 episodes of Manchester City: All or Nothing on Amazon Prime yesterday

absolutely brilliant to watch, but can't understand a word Guardiola says. They all just look at him bewildered
Was disappointed in it myself. Wanted a more raw behind the scenes thing. Very stylised and heavily edited.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:38 pm

Watched half of the first one yesterday. V unsure about Ben Kingsley narrating! Would like to know if it was always going to be him or they got a big name in once they knew what happened.

Will stick with it.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Mon Aug 20, 2018 7:40 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:32 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:15 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Prufrock wrote:

One for TD?
Are you gonna watch it?
Highly unlikely as I watch few films these days except ( bought at charity shops) D.V.Ds at home. I bought "The Quiet Man" last week (my dad's favourite film). ( I do watch Jane Austen films regularly, so no macho angle from me.) I watched Bridge of Spies last night, and The Imitation game and Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy lately . My sort of movies. Will you be watching it?
:D

Reckon every man should watch it. I don't want to say too much because I know people who read loads about it beforehand and didn't enjoy it as much whereas I came to it fresh and found it v powerful.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Binged on Jack Ryan on Amazon Prime this week - If anybody has Prime, I'd recommend
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Lost between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light a penny candle from a star.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:51 am

Not watching the England Game v Spain, becauser Sky have grabbed it, surprise, surprise. Great, our national football team is now a commodity with a pay or else, price. I hope nobody watches it on the robber baron's channel. :evil:
The wisest and the best of men, nay, the wisest and best of their actions, may be rendered ridiculous by a person whose first object in life is a joke...Darcy. Pride and Prejudice.

OrtonCakeBingoBongo
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by OrtonCakeBingoBongo » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:09 am

The Departed is on TV again, I saw this a few days ago and not surprised it won a few Oscars. Kind of confusing at times as you can't always tell who is against who and which sides are which but one of those films you need to watch a few times to gain a decent understanding.

I think there's Bullseye and Love Island on the other channel, it's not really much of a dilemma which to go for. : - )

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:37 am

Does anyone else watch 'No Offence' on C4 ? The third series has just started - I'm never sure quite what to make of it as it seems to couple some good story lines with some frightfully poor acting.
May the bridges I burn light your way

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:07 pm

Manchester by the Sea. Christ alive. It's absolutely incredible, and Casey Affleck deserved that Oscar. But it's not cheery. Good god. Best film I've seen in a while

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:04 am

Decided to have a look at "Bodyguard" on BBC IPlayer as political/national security themes are normally watchable. Ended up watching all five episodes. Interest level is fine, but how a war-stressed, disturbed character like the lead player got a role in high security takes some believing. Anybody watched this?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:49 pm

Watched the last episode of "Bodyguard" and that was some superb television. Absolutely riveting hour and a quarter of edge of seat tension you could cut with a knife. Brilliant. If you haven't watched the series, it's well worth catching up on.....

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:16 pm

I see And Did Those Feet is coming back: https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16 ... ssion=true

One of our own, he's one of our oooown, WTW, he's one of our own.

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WTW » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:50 pm

And Did Those feet 3 days into rehearsal... Fantastic cast, great director... This is looking good... :D :D :D

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:24 am

Wish I was there. Assuming there's no world tour?

WTW
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by WTW » Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:36 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:24 am
Wish I was there. Assuming there's no world tour?
Get yourself back up North!

https://octagonbolton.co.uk/whats-on/th ... hose-feet/

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:14 pm

Strictly till 8-30, Then B.BC 2 for all the golf highlights. Do for me. :D .

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:30 pm

I see that Oldhams was on the One Show last night. Folk cadging their tea in the name of religion.
May the bridges I burn light your way

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:37 pm

Watched (re-watched) "The Ghost Writer" with Ewan McGregor, a film based on Robert Harris's excellent book the "The Ghost" , a supposedly thinly veiled plot based around the actual activities of one of our past Prime Minister's. Not a new film and I think we discussed it on here back a while, but a good entertaining film with Pierce Brosnan as the P.M. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.