What are you reading tonight?

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Re: What are you reading tonight?

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:32 am

LeverEnd wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:06 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Hardly in the realms of Classic Literature, but I've read a couple of books by Charles Cumming - A Scot who was recruited by MI6 in real life but did not pursue a career - What he did learn though, he put into some fiction books with various characters working within the UK intelligence services.

Popped to Waterstones on dinner to grab another one, which I'm looking forward to starting, after finishing 'Box88' (which was really fun) and 'A Foreign Country'

They're quickly paced and provide a bit of escapism. If you like Reacher, Bond, or other action style fiction, then I recommend
I've read a couple of those, very good. No fancy Bond stuff, more the grubby side of spying. Very believable characters. Cheers for the reminder, I'll have a look what else he's done recently.
Brian Freemantle's "Charlie Muffin" novels should really suit you in this category. They're great reading.

https://www.google.com/search?q=charlie ... e&ie=UTF-8
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

LeverEnd
Legend
Legend

Re: What are you reading tonight?

Post by LeverEnd » Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:25 am

Was it you who recommended Robert Goddard, Tango?
Enjoyed the Harry Barnett books.