Horwich Fire

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

keveh
Icon
Icon

Horwich Fire

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:04 pm

I can't believe there isn't a thread about this already.

Anybody have any idea what has been burning in Horwich for over 8 hours now?

Can't find anything about it.

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:06 pm

Dave Sutton's barnet
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Dave Sutton's barnet » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:55 pm

I'd like to file a complaint over the use of the word "dramatic" to describe those pictures. No disrespect to Jean, but I've had more dramatic shits than that.

Rated R Superstar
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by Rated R Superstar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:38 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'd like to file a complaint over the use of the word "dramatic" to describe those pictures. No disrespect to Jean, but I've had more dramatic shits than that.
:lmfao:

I was in town this afternoon, now I know what that smell was.
Don't call it a comeback

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:45 am

Dave Sutton's barnet wrote:I'd like to file a complaint over the use of the word "dramatic" to describe those pictures. No disrespect to Jean, but I've had more dramatic shits than that.
She must have taken those pictures at the least dramatic time, because it got pretty "dramatic" later on.

Still going strong this morning when I drove past.

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:58 am

Those pictures don't show the largeness of the fire. At work yesterday I could have seen 20ft flames and smoke filling the whole of Middlebrook retail park, before the flames/smoke rose high we were wondering what the awful smell was. To top it off, the whole of Blackrod & Horwich's water supply has been taken off!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/manc ... 513133.stm
Last edited by cal on Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

David Lee's Hair
Passionate
Passionate

Post by David Lee's Hair » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:03 am

I thought some hardy soul was having a bbq near me last night, this explains it!

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:06 am

No water for us :(

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:14 pm

hang on, the water shortages may not be due to the fire. according to united utilites website a burst water pipe is resulting in lack of water, this is near the blackrod train station which was flooded earlier and trains cancelled. then two lines down another water shortage due to the fire also covering the BL6 area.

confusing eh

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:16 pm

What fire??????

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 pm

Bloody hell, Fire, Floods....we're only missing a couple of plagues. Knew the new kit was poor, but retribution coming this quick was a little unexpected.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:09 pm

cal wrote:hang on, the water shortages may not be due to the fire. according to united utilites website a burst water pipe is resulting in lack of water, this is near the blackrod train station which was flooded earlier and trains cancelled. then two lines down another water shortage due to the fire also covering the BL6 area.

confusing eh
Almost nothing coming through from the Preston to Manchester area this am. 7-33 didn't show, 7-55 didn't show and 8-04 hadn't arrived at 8-18 when I finally gave up and caught a train to Victoria and a bus from there. Got to work at 9-18 instead of before 8-0. We all thought the "floods" thing was a joke, but this may explain it.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

keveh
Icon
Icon

Post by keveh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:41 pm

I think that the flood may have been caused by the amount of water passing through the pipes

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:45 pm

Hmm, I could smell woodsmoke whilst driving home down the M66 this afternoon. Couldn't be from the same, could it? :?
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:38 pm

I thought this thread was going to be about a new Horwich footy team
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

Bwfc in the bloodline
Promising
Promising

Post by Bwfc in the bloodline » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 pm

I work in an office next to the fire, we arent allowed to go home! But we have the air con off all the windows cloased and portaloo's outside because the water pressure has gone.

BOOOOOOOOOO
Stay up

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:09 pm

communistworkethic wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about a new Horwich footy team
You've had a mare there, fella. The club that's been set up to rival the lobby gobbling thieves is Horwich Ecclesiastes 3:1-8.
May the bridges I burn light your way

communistworkethic
Legend
Legend

Post by communistworkethic » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:20 pm

Now that the council has bought the Shay, they reckon they'll rename Town to Halifax Sodom & Gomorrah.
power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely

kevin nolan is so fat, that when he sits around the house he sits around the house

cal
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by cal » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:22 pm

Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:I work in an office next to the fire, we arent allowed to go home! But we have the air con off all the windows cloased and portaloo's outside because the water pressure has gone.

BOOOOOOOOOO
Still stuck!? Is the fire still massive? I'll probally have to put up with the fumes again tomorrow if so as i work at the middlebrook and it was strong yday.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:55 am

cal wrote:
Bwfc in the bloodline wrote:I work in an office next to the fire, we arent allowed to go home! But we have the air con off all the windows cloased and portaloo's outside because the water pressure has gone.

BOOOOOOOOOO
Still stuck!? Is the fire still massive? I'll probally have to put up with the fumes again tomorrow if so as i work at the middlebrook and it was strong yday.
were you work? i managed to scab a good hour of work yesterday pretending to ork whilst actually watching yon fire oot the window of our place.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.