Mamma Mia

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Mamma Mia

Post by Raven » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:25 pm

Can I say wild horses would not drag me to see this film and I hate Abba with a passion (am I the only one?).

Oh and nostalgia TV show makers, the late 70's was not all Abba and the sodding Bee Gees!

:evil: rant over :evil:

superjohnmcginlay
Passionate
Passionate

Re: Mamma Mia

Post by superjohnmcginlay » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:28 pm

Raven wrote:Can I say wild horses would not drag me to see this film and I hate Abba with a passion (am I the only one?).

Oh and nostalgia TV show makers, the late 70's was not all Abba and the sodding Bee Gees!

No Im with you all the way. But I had removed all reference to them from my brain. Thanks for reminding me. :evil:

hisroyalgingerness
Icon
Icon

Post by hisroyalgingerness » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:43 pm

Is there a spaceship at the end?

Soldier_Of_The_White_Army
Legend
Legend

Post by Soldier_Of_The_White_Army » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:53 pm

hisroyalgingerness wrote:Is there a spaceship at the end?
No, just an everyday run of the mill aquaplane.

freeindeed
Promising
Promising

Post by freeindeed » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:20 pm

Not a film i would go and watch - but it seems like a bit of harmless, camp fun to me. A film to take your kids to see...

FD
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by FD » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:27 pm

Raven wrote:Can I say wild horses would not drag me to see this film and I hate Abba with a passion (am I the only one?).

...yet you started the thread! :shock:

CrazyHorse
Immortal
Immortal

Post by CrazyHorse » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:21 pm

Dunno about the film; I'm guessing it'll be a chick flick, but there's nowt wrong with a bit of Abba.
Businesswoman of the year.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Raven wrote:Can I say wild horses would not drag me to see this film and I hate Abba with a passion (am I the only one?). Oh and nostalgia TV show makers, the late 70's was not all Abba and the sodding Bee Gees!:evil: rant over :evil:
Yes it was, well mainly. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

InsaneApache
Dedicated
Dedicated

Post by InsaneApache » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:10 pm

As a general rant against the 70s nostalgia thingy not everyone wore bloody flairs either. I'd have got me head kicked in wearing flares 'round our way in those days. Bleedin' boot boys! :evil:

Now if they did a musical using reggae/dubbing and punk, I'd take my grandkids.

Mebbe not. :oops:

I just had a memory flash....

I remember going to Pips in Manchester, I used to love the 'Roxy Room' and we used to get the pissed ripped out of us because we were different. Bear in mind, the guys taking the piss were all wearing cheesecloth shirts with bell sleeves and pants that were 30 odd inches wides at the bottom and dancing to disco duck, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RjuC9YeXg .....I rest my case. :whack:
Here I stand foot in hand...talkin to my wall....I'm not quite right at all...am I?

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:25 pm

Agggh dam radio just had a thing about the 70's and what music was playing....vile Bee Gees and Saturday Night Fever!!!

Don't even get me started on Grease!

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 pm

Raven wrote:Agggh dam radio just had a thing about the 70's and what music was playing....vile Bee Gees and Saturday Night Fever!!! Don't even get me started on Grease!
While "Dirty Dancing", on the other hand, has a brilliant sound track. :mrgreen:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

enrdentw
Promising
Promising

Post by enrdentw » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:30 pm

I liked Mama Mia! My girlfriend dragged me down to the cinema to watch it with her and i must admit, i liked it.

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:51 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Raven wrote:Agggh dam radio just had a thing about the 70's and what music was playing....vile Bee Gees and Saturday Night Fever!!! Don't even get me started on Grease!
While "Dirty Dancing", on the other hand, has a brilliant sound track. :mrgreen:

Some of it, although I swear the CD is the only thing Heart and Mercia FM have as they only seem to play stuff from there!

Raven
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Raven » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:52 pm

enrdentw wrote:I liked Mama Mia! My girlfriend dragged me down to the cinema to watch it with her and i must admit, i liked it.
:shock:

Pass me the crossbow dear we have another target