Piss poor Comedians

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:03 pm

Definitely. I spent the whole night sitting there wanting it to be so good and telling myself that Coogan is a funny man, but there was very little on show. Partridge carried it in the second half, but never have I seen such an unprofessional performance with him fluffing punch line after punchline leading to cat calls and booing from the crowd.

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:24 pm

jimbo wrote: but never have I seen such an unprofessional performance with him fluffing punch line after punchline leading to cat calls and booing from the crowd.
Wow, that bad? I saw the tour being advertised over the weekend and was going to look into it, but I don't think I'll bother now. :shock:
May the bridges I burn light your way

jimbo
Passionate
Passionate

Post by jimbo » Mon Oct 13, 2008 6:34 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
jimbo wrote: but never have I seen such an unprofessional performance with him fluffing punch line after punchline leading to cat calls and booing from the crowd.
Wow, that bad? I saw the tour being advertised over the weekend and was going to look into it, but I don't think I'll bother now. :shock:
IT HAD seemed somewhat strange that Steve Coogan, cracking America quite nicely at the moment, had decided to tour the UK as (to use the title of the show itself) Alan Partridge and Other Less Successful Characters.

And after a contemptible and almost woeful show in Liverpool last night, the question still remains.

An audience of a mere few thousand filed into the Arena to see Coogan last night – and a lesser number stayed the course to the end.

He first appeared as Pauline Calf with what would have been a cute, funny song and dance number if he had injected it with any life at all.

Some good one-liners went mostly to waste as lines were fluffed and rushed, and the precedent had been set – although the part where she read from her new book was quite a giggle.

Next was TV sitcom character Tommy Saxondale, before his wacky comedian Duncan Thicket made a lamentable appearance, and then Paul Calf.

Excitement was palpable for the arrival of Alan Partridge, and things began well with some quality daft songs from the man, but his inexplicable play about Sir Thomas More tested the patience of even the most dedicated of his fans.

By the end of the show, during a number cheerily and liberally throwing about four-letter words with little finesse, four cast members were twirling umbrellas spelling the most taboo word in the canon, and it was at that point it really felt as if Coogan was addressing his audience personally.
Taken from this evenings Daily Post