Nick Faldo couldnt pick his nose

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Nick Faldo couldnt pick his nose

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:29 pm

Poulter and Casey instead of Clarke and Montgomerie.
Form is temporary class is permanent.
Faldo = vindictive bast*rd
"A child of five would understand this- send someone to fetch a child of five"

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:46 pm

I could almost see the case for Casey. I can see no case for Poulter. My low opinion of Faldo has just decreased to the point where I wouldn't want him as next Bolton manager. He was always likely to leave out Monty - just because he's a vindictive wanker.

Batman

Post by Batman » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:47 pm

montgomerie is a prick though

GingerMourinho
Hopeful
Hopeful

Post by GingerMourinho » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:17 pm

The right picks, no doubt about it.

Well done Nick.

bw@bw
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bw@bw » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:20 pm

Worthy4England wrote: He was always likely to leave out Monty - just because he's a vindictive wanker.
No - because Monty is miles off being Ryder Cup standard these days.

For students of golf history. Look up when Seve was selected on "Ryder Cup experience" despite being in lousy form.

Even he was a liability -I think he played one fourball match - lost - and lost his sinles 7and 6 or thereabouts.

And Monty would be the same

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:27 pm

I really dislike Poulter as a person, but the case for picking him in terms of both ranking lists etc is overwhelming.

Difficult to pick Monty to be in the same team, after the war of words they have had, but his form hasn't been good enough, even if we do allow for that little bit of Ryder Cup magic.

The win in the Netherlands was too little too late for DC.

Which leaves Casey.

All makes sense to me.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:32 pm

I'm not full of confidence having Nick Faldo as a captain. Never did like him to much as a player; far too petulant and prone to moods.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:45 pm

bw@bw wrote:
Worthy4England wrote: He was always likely to leave out Monty - just because he's a vindictive wanker.
No - because Monty is miles off being Ryder Cup standard these days.

For students of golf history. Look up when Seve was selected on "Ryder Cup experience" despite being in lousy form.

Even he was a liability -I think he played one fourball match - lost - and lost his sinles 7and 6 or thereabouts.

And Monty would be the same
Monty is quite often of lousy form. For students of golf history, Seve only ever won two singles and halfed two anyhow out of his 8 goes, Monty won 6 out of his 8 and halfed his other two.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:30 pm

Form goes out the window in matchplay. Montgomerie and Clarke are formidable competitors. Casey fair dos has won a World matchplay (tho i reckon he's a choker- dare say that'll raise a few Montgomerie cheap shots) but Poulter ffs!!!!

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:51 pm

For me, instead of Poulter - Clarke yes, Montgomerie no. Montgomerie's not just out of form, he's fecking shocking!
May the bridges I burn light your way

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:58 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:For me, instead of Poulter - Clarke yes, Montgomerie no. Montgomerie's not just out of form, he's fecking shocking!
71 round Gleneagles today. Poulter didnt even make the cut chasing the Yankee dollar

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:35 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
Bruce Rioja wrote:For me, instead of Poulter - Clarke yes, Montgomerie no. Montgomerie's not just out of form, he's fecking shocking!
71 round Gleneagles today. Poulter didnt even make the cut chasing the Yankee dollar
Aye, but the Johnnie Walker's hardly a pressure pot, is it!? Otherwise some garcon by le nom of Havret might have his nez in le trough!

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:41 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:
Aye, but the Johnnie Walker's hardly a pressure pot, is it!? Otherwise some garcon by le nom of Havret might have his nez in le trough!
I saw Poulter shit himself at Birkdale when he got close to winning. He's only high in world rankings coz he plays in USA and he never wins there either. He might win his singles match - if Faldo puts him out early but i offer a wager he wont win any foursomes/balls points. Not a team player

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 pm

lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:I saw Poulter shit himself at Birkdale when he got close to winning.
At which point Montgomerie was? Hame n hased? :conf:
Seriously, mate. Are you related to Fatshaft?

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:59 pm

Bruce Rioja wrote:
lovethesmellofnapalm wrote:I saw Poulter shit himself at Birkdale when he got close to winning.
At which point Montgomerie was? Hame n hased? :conf:
Seriously, mate. Are you related to Fatshaft?
Nah- just admire a true ambassador of European golf who always does his best. A true gentleman of the game

Loved him in Mrs Doubtfire tho.

Little Green Man
Icon
Icon

Post by Little Green Man » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:15 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:I really dislike Poulter as a person, but the case for picking him in terms of both ranking lists etc is overwhelming.
Never warmed to Casey much either. At one time, Paul Casey always used to refer Paul Casey in the third person. Does Paul Casey still do that?

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:21 pm

Couple of things...

Anyone who thought that Poulter "shit himself" at Birkdale doesn't know what he's talking about....

Havret = not quite Ryder Cup standard, but he's a talented bloke and not far off.

It's a shame that Monty hasn't made it - he has had a career that is in a completely different league to anything Poulter will ever achieve. But he will know himself that he probably hasn't deserved his pick, and that somebody of his calibre, injury-free, should have been able to play his way into the team. I'm sure he feels that he's let the team and Faldo down by not doing that. If Monty had the points on the two lists that Poulter has, it would have been impossible for Faldo not to pick him, and he knows that.

As I say, much as I dislike the man, and much as I found his decision not to play at Gleneagles seriously unimpressive, it's a no-brainer to me that Poulter should be in the team - he's 8th on the world points Ryder Cup list and 12th on the European list, with a top 5 performance in a recent major. I appreciate that the picks are there to allow some flexibility, but I think I would stick quite closely to the points lists unless there was an overwhelming case to do otherwise. I think perhaps I would have chosen the impressive Martin Kaymer (who is 10th on both lists) over Casey, who hasn't looked that great recently.
Prufrock wrote: Like money hasn't always talked. You might not like it, or disagree, but it's the truth. It's a basic incentive, people always have, and always will want what's best for themselves and their families

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:29 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:Couple of things...

Anyone who thought that Poulter "shit himself" at Birkdale 1doesn't know what he's talking about....

Havret = not quite Ryder Cup standard, but he's a talented bloke and not far off.

It's a shame that Monty hasn't made it - has had a career that is in a completely different league to anything Poulter will ever achieve2. But he will know himself that he probably hasn't deserved his pick, and that somebody of his calibre, injury-free, should have been able to play his way into the team. I'm sure he feels that he's let the team and Faldo down by not doing that. If Monty had the points on the two lists that Poulter has, it would have been impossible for Faldo not to pick him, and he knows that.

As I say, much as I dislike the man, and much as I found his decision not to play at Gleneagles seriously unimpressive, it's a no-brainer to me that Poulter should be in the team - he's 8th on the world points Ryder Cup list and 12th on the European list, with a top 5 performance in a recent major. I appreciate that the picks are there to allow some flexibility, but I think I would stick quite closely to the points lists unless there was an overwhelming case to do otherwise. 3I think perhaps I would have chosen the impressive Martin Kaymer (who is 10th on both lists) over Casey, who hasn't looked that great recently.
1- OK i was a bit the best gostrong there- but still believe that Poulter got himself in to a position by playing the best golf- then looked at the leaderboard and lost it
2.We agree on something
3. The overwhelming case is Montgomeries RC record and the effect his presence would have on the rest of the team.

Faldo is just ensuring he is seen to get the glory by "doing it his way"--- as always

mummywhycantieatcrayons
Legend
Legend

Post by mummywhycantieatcrayons » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:44 pm

There's an argument for Monty, of course there is. I know as well as anybody that foursomes and matchplay are very different to four day strokeplay events... I can compete at a much higher level in the former than I can in the latter.

I'm quite a sentimental bloke myself, and I'd be very tempted to pick Monty... it's a big advantage to tee it up in the Ryder Cup knowing you've never lost a singles match, for example.

How about this though, if you accept, as I do, that Poulter is a muct-pick for the team, is it great for for the dynamics of the team to include Monty after their spat?!

I've got a lot of respect for Faldo, and if this is his decision then that's fine - it's a close thing to call, and I don't think there is an overwhelming case to say he's wrong.

Back to Poulter at the Open - I don't see how he can come out of that tournament with anything but great credit. I was out there on the golf course (inside the ropes with Norman Saturday and Sunday :mrgreen:) and to hang around like Poulter did and shoot 69 on the final day on a golf course that was playing very very tough was a tremendous effort. Yes, he three-stabbed the (very difficult) 17th green when he need to make something happen (having just birdied 16, by the way...) but in the end, Harrington just played an exceptional round of golf and was a very worthy winner.

lovethesmellofnapalm
Reliable
Reliable

Post by lovethesmellofnapalm » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:02 pm

mummywhycantieatcrayons wrote:There's an argument for Monty, of course there is. I know as well as anybody that foursomes and matchplay are very different to four day strokeplay events... I can compete at a much higher level in the former than I can in the latter.

I'm quite a sentimental bloke myself, and I'd be very tempted to pick Monty... it's a big advantage to tee it up in the Ryder Cup knowing you've never lost a singles match, for example.

How about this though, if you accept, as I do, that Poulter is a muct-pick for the team, is it great for for the dynamics of the team to include Monty after their spat?!

I've got a lot of respect for Faldo, and if this is his decision then that's fine - it's a close thing to call, and I don't think there is an overwhelming case to say he's wrong.

Back to Poulter at the Open - I don't see how he can come out of that tournament with anything but great credit. I was out there on the golf course (inside the ropes with Norman Saturday and Sunday :mrgreen:) and to hang around like Poulter did and shoot 69 on the final day on a golf course that was playing very very tough was a tremendous effort. Yes, he three-stabbed the (very difficult) 17th green when he need to make something happen (having just birdied 16, by the way...) but in the end, Harrington just played an exceptional round of golf and was a very worthy winner.
Much as i admire your reasoned and balanced argument it comes down to this

Poulter is an arse
Faldo is a tw*t who has and always will shit on anyone that crosses him
Casey cant putt to save his life
Clarke has more moral fibre than any of the above put together
Montgomerie was a guaranteed 4 points minimum- i know that cant be proved now

Care to have a small wager on how many points Poulter and Casy accumulate between them- i'll give evens no more than 4!!