The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 pm

Dunno - some lass called Becky. As I understand it the two lads are from lilhulton.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Jul 03, 2017 5:13 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:54 pm
Dunno - some lass called Becky. As I understand it the two lads are from lilhulton.

Shock
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:38 am

The little fat lads really starting to push his luck, Trump's dug himself into a hole and very soon he's going to have to prove if the small hands theory is true or not.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:19 am

And again, please, for those of us lazily only speaking English?
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:04 pm

I think he's referring to the North Koreans launching another missile in Japan's general direction.

Not sure what the small hands theory is. Cheaper gloves? :conf:
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:00 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:19 am
And again, please, for those of us lazily only speaking English?
On the eve in the West of independence day Kim Jong-il decided to test his latest intercontinental ballistic missile, this would appear to be at odds with the US President Donald Trumps assertions that his patience was running out with the regime in Pyongyang.
Both Kim Jong-Il and Donald Trump share a similar characteristic, they both have large waistlines.
There is a rumour that folk with small hands are usually small in other areas, Mr Trump has small hands therefore the point is swiftly arriving at which the US president will have to do something soon to disprove this theory or be for ever known as 'little Dick, no balls'.

:D

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Better.

Although I'm not sure precipitating thermonuclear armageddon is entirely necessary to prove the size of your appendage.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:25 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:52 pm
Better.

Although I'm not sure precipitating thermonuclear armageddon is entirely necessary to prove the size of your appendage.
Some are a little sensitive to things like that :mrgreen:

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:06 pm

I'd like to congratulate Spam on reaching its 80th birthday. And to Hobes, for posting so much of it, that it feels like spam must be at least 140. :-) Well done Spam.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:56 am

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/at- ... li=BBoPWjQ

Trump on one side and Putin on the borders, Merkel along with her rag tag EU led by a drunk is trying to play the 'hard case'.

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Another stupid c*nt quitter makes a speech about how it's not all doom and gloom and as usual the press goes mad about her racist remark, rather than picking her up on the fact that the best she could come up with is that quitting won't be a complete disaster.

Of course she said something archaically racist, what else were you all expecting?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 pm
Another stupid c*nt quitter makes a speech about how it's not all doom and gloom and as usual the press goes mad about her racist remark, rather than picking her up on the fact that the best she could come up with is that quitting won't be a complete disaster.

Of course she said something archaically racist, what else were you all expecting?
Did cross my mind that the focus on her casual racism seems misplaced against her general stupidity.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:31 pm
Lord Kangana wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:36 pm

Did cross my mind that the focus on her casual racism seems misplaced against her general stupidity.
I sorta thought that too, but then that'd clearly make me a casual racist...

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:05 pm

And isn't inviting others to use a vehicle to kill, through the medium of the internet, incitement to commit a terrorist act?

Or is he not brown enough or muslim enough for a public outcry over that?

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 pm

The New York Times had an interesting article on how Canada has resisted the right wing populism found in other Western democracies.

It included the following figures.
The result is a broad political consensus around immigrants’ place in Canada’s national identity.
That creates a virtuous cycle. All parties rely on and compete for minority voters, so none has an incentive to cater to anti-immigrant backlash. That, in turn, keeps anti-immigrant sentiment from becoming a point of political conflict, which makes it less important to voters.
In Britain, among white voters who say they want less immigration, about 40 percent also say that limiting immigration is the most important issue to them. In the United States, that figure is about 20 percent. In Canada, according to a 2011 study, it was only 0.34 percent.
Basically we've been trained to think that cultural diversity is important to our identity, making us distinct from our great neighbor to the South. Apparently it makes us distinct from the Mother Country too.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 pm

I'm just wondering aloud whether the whole of Canada is in on Project Fear too?

Either way, it's turning into one hell of a conspiracy.

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:31 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 pm

While likely not part of Project Fear, most Canadians were not in favour of Brexit. In part this was because we were negotiating a major trade deal (CETA) with the EU, hoping to include the UK so we could get lower prices on Ribena. We are also not keen on separation referenda for one reason or another. Still, none of our business...
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:42 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:25 pm

Still being peddled daily by the EU though, today it's food!

Actually I'm just wondering when this dammed war is going to break out, the one Camoron promised us would and I cannot wait to see how the great bastion of freedom of movement, Schengen, plays once the Italian water taxi drivers grant EU visa's to the migrants. I wonder just how many more hundreds of thousands that will attract to Europe.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:56 am

Montreal Wanderer wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:48 pm
The New York Times had an interesting article on how Canada has resisted the right wing populism found in other Western democracies.

It included the following figures.
The result is a broad political consensus around immigrants’ place in Canada’s national identity.
That creates a virtuous cycle. All parties rely on and compete for minority voters, so none has an incentive to cater to anti-immigrant backlash. That, in turn, keeps anti-immigrant sentiment from becoming a point of political conflict, which makes it less important to voters.
In Britain, among white voters who say they want less immigration, about 40 percent also say that limiting immigration is the most important issue to them. In the United States, that figure is about 20 percent. In Canada, according to a 2011 study, it was only 0.34 percent.
Basically we've been trained to think that cultural diversity is important to our identity, making us distinct from our great neighbor to the South. Apparently it makes us distinct from the Mother Country too.
Interesting Monty but the article seems have missed the elephant in the room: - Room. Otherwise known as population density.

I understand that Canada and, to a slightly lesser extent, the USA has rather more space for development than the UK.

Generally, Britain has been tolerant to immigration over the centuries because the relatively slow pace of immigration has been absorbed without putting huge strain on the taxpayer-funded services. That, it appears, is no longer the case with daily stories of road gridlock, an inadequate public transport system in many parts of the UK (railways, despite the investment put in over the last decade or two, now constantly overcrowded) schools over-subscribed, medical practices overwhelmed by demand and the hospitals in a dire state. The physical effects are noticed by more and more people, apart from some parts of the Scottish Highlands where one's only company may be a passing red deer.

The estimated figures are stark - if the population of the UK is 65m as claimed, an annual influx of a further 0.5m per year may have added a further 5m over the last 10 years. That is 5 new Birminghams (which we don't want. We haven't managed to get rid of the first one yet.). That is getting on for an 8% increase. Have Canada and the USA seen such a percentage growth in such a short period of time? In reality no one knows what the net migration really is because of the incompetence of this and previous governments.
Hence the housebuilding crisis and the pinching of greenbelt land which would normally be used for farming. So, population density. and it's rise leads to push-back from the voters.

And before anyone brings up the myth of immigrants covering their costs by their tax contributions, it's a lie. Even the most economically illiterate can soon see that the theory is nonsense. Average UK income £26k, average tax take per individual £8k including all taxes, duties, etc. Average number of dependents, say 1.6. Average use of taxpayer funded facilities and services per individual £10k x 1.6 = £16k.

Virtually every country in the world has a lower population density than the UK and that is the real reason for antipathy to further mass immigration. Not the colour of peoples skin, the language they were brought up with or their cultural differences. Just too many people fighting for room and resources which are just not there where people want to live. Although if you live on top of a windswept hill in the Pennines and never go anywhere, it may not be that relevant.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 am

Get over it and quit your jibber jabber (Hobes).

We're leaving. #Redwhiteandblue