The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by bedwetter2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:50 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 am
It might be worth a quick glance at a dictionary, and a check on your definition of 'democracy'. It may need a little fine tuning.
I would advise you to show that dictionary to the EU in Brussels first, esp. the Commission. Not elected by the people.

A clear majority in the UK voted to leave the EU. The leavers won, remainers did not. Get over it.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:52 am

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:20 am
Saboteur!
I agree. He is. It's nice to know we agree on something.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 am

bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:42 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:15 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:36 am
Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:59 am
Oh, and just for the purpose of clarity, the new electric Mini is being asembled over here, not built.

It won't require significant investment over here to reconfigure the factory, so BMW have a get-out if we cock up negotiations.
If, If , If.

I agree with the more measured, less emotional Malc. Let us give the benefit of doubt to our negotiators that by giving very little away to the general public but more importantly, the EU, we have 18 or 19 months to conclude our position whilst keeping Barnier, et al on their toes.

What mess? The only thing that you could point to is the value of the pound vs Euro. A correction was due, it has taken place and may well be put into reverse once the ECB admits that the level of debt they hold is no longer sustainable.

Just to clarify, I am not anti Europe just anti-EU. How could I be when I have French friends and have been considering buying a property in France. The only thing putting me off being the vindictive anti-British attitude of Macron and Hollande. I, like a lot of Brits, will react to the actions of the EU by spending less or nothing on EU imported products should the unhelpful EU rhetoric continue.

It is difficult to conclude anything other than some pro-EU supporters are anti-democratic at best and sabotage promoters at worst.

How ridiculous. Macron is pro-EU, passionately so, not anti-Britain.

Britain is unpopular in Europe, primarily because of our media. And the way it behaves. Can't blame them. Large swathes of our media is anti-European.
It is Macron who has proposed discriminatory increases in property taxes for non-French residents - for that read British.
It is Macron who, with approval of his dominatrix Herr Merkel, has made all sorts of threats to get revenge on the UK. For what we can only guess but that applies quite often to students of Jean Paul Satre.
It is Macron who has instructed his finance minister to bust a gut in trying to lure UK based finance businesses to gay Paree.

Britain is unpopular in Europe because our media does not kowtow to the EU. We are not unpopular among the majority of French citizens. I know because I speak regularly to my French friends and recent polling has shown the honeymoon period for Macron has been the shortest for any newly elected President.

The British media? Sticks and stones, and all that. You may be an adult in age, but come across as a juvenile when defending your beloved EU.
Threats? Only person making threats was May. Before the disaster of that election of course.

Contrast

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... parliament

with

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/ ... it-britain

Come back when you've managed to remove your blinkers.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am

bedwetter2 wrote:

It is difficult to conclude anything other than some pro-EU supporters are anti-democratic at best and sabotage promoters at worst.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:31 am

bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:50 am
Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:42 am
It might be worth a quick glance at a dictionary, and a check on your definition of 'democracy'. It may need a little fine tuning.
I would advise you to show that dictionary to the EU in Brussels first, esp. the Commission. Not elected by the people.

A clear majority in the UK voted to leave the EU. The leavers won, remainers did not. Get over it.
I'll be exercising my democratic right to not get over anything.
You can judge the whole world on the sparkle that you think it lacks.
Yes, you can stare into the abyss, but it's staring right back.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 am

Dear, oh dear, Spain has decided not to fight to get Gibraltar back; the Sun, world's greatest band-waggon jumping champion, claims this as a result of their "Hands off our Rock" campaign. Fantastic... :lol:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:00 pm

TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 am
Dear, oh dear, Spain has decided not to fight to get Gibraltar back; the Sun, world's greatest band-waggon jumping champion, claims this as a result of their "Hands off our Rock" campaign. Fantastic... :lol:
That is nothing on the Daily Express who wrote a story last week saying "Diana: Psychic tells us she would have voted for Brexit".

The sort of claptrap our media reports is a huge national embarrassment. The fact that people buy it, even worse.

Doesn't say much about our nation and it's people, not much that is good anyhow.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:13 pm

Quisling!

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:07 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 am
bedwetter2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:
Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:59 am
Oh, and just for the purpose of clarity, the new electric Mini is being asembled over here, not built.

It won't require significant investment over here to reconfigure the factory, so BMW have a get-out if we cock up negotiations.
If, If , If.

I agree with the more measured, less emotional Malc. Let us give the benefit of doubt to our negotiators that by giving very little away to the general public but more importantly, the EU, we have 18 or 19 months to conclude our position whilst keeping Barnier, et al on their toes.

What mess? The only thing that you could point to is the value of the pound vs Euro. A correction was due, it has taken place and may well be put into reverse once the ECB admits that the level of debt they hold is no longer sustainable.

Just to clarify, I am not anti Europe just anti-EU. How could I be when I have French friends and have been considering buying a property in France. The only thing putting me off being the vindictive anti-British attitude of Macron and Hollande. I, like a lot of Brits, will react to the actions of the EU by spending less or nothing on EU imported products should the unhelpful EU rhetoric continue.

Britain is unpopular in Europe, primarily because of our media. And the way it behaves. Can't blame them. Large swathes of our media is anti-European.
It is Macron who has proposed discriminatory increases in property taxes for non-French residents - for that read British.
It is Macron who, with approval of his dominatrix Herr Merkel, has made all sorts of threats to get revenge on the UK. For what we can only guess but that applies quite often to students of Jean Paul Satre.
It is Macron who has instructed his finance minister to bust a gut in trying to lure UK based finance businesses to gay Paree.

Britain is unpopular in Europe because our media does not kowtow to the EU. We are not unpopular among the majority of French citizens. I know because I speak regularly to my French friends and recent polling has shown the honeymoon period for Macron has been the shortest for any newly elected President.

The British media? Sticks and stones, and all that. You may be an adult in age, but come across as a juvenile when defending your beloved EU.
Threats? Only person making threats was May. Before the disaster of that election of course.

Contrast

with

The Grauniad, eh? You're not the nephew of Polly Toynbee are you? The f*kcing harridan.

I could equally drag up articles from the Telegraph. Doesn't prove anything apart from the fact that you seem to have a very narrow list of reading material.

The election? You mean the one influenced by double student voting encouraged by Momentum? There will be more about this gerrymandering in the future just like certain constituencies in London and Birmingham and who knows where else with high, ahem, asian populations have been proven to be corrupt with wholesale vote rigging by means of "community leaders" pre-filling ballot papers. You must have read of it? If not educate yourself about the prosecutions and barring of certain Labour asian candidates and councillors.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am
bedwetter2 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It must have taken you some time to find that many lols. Get back to your work. I'm relying on suckers like you to pay for my state pension.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:14 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:07 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:

If, If , If.

Contrast

with

The Grauniad, eh? You're not the nephew of Polly Toynbee are you? The f*kcing harridan.

I could equally drag up articles from the Telegraph. Doesn't prove anything apart from the fact that you seem to have a very narrow list of reading material.

The election? You mean the one influenced by double student voting encouraged by Momentum? There will be more about this gerrymandering in the future just like certain constituencies in London and Birmingham and who knows where else with high, ahem, asian populations have been proven to be corrupt with wholesale vote rigging by means of "community leaders" pre-filling ballot papers. You must have read of it? If not educate yourself about the prosecutions and barring of certain Labour asian candidates and councillors.
Doesn't matter. The two are directly quoted, so are first hand sources. I thought you might have grasped that. Ah well.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:17 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:10 pm
Worthy4England wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am
bedwetter2 wrote:

It must have taken you some time to find that many lols. Get back to your work. I'm relying on suckers like you to pay for my state pension.
Don't panic Mr Mainwaring! Sure it'll be safe.

bedwetter2
Reliable
Reliable

Post by bedwetter2 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:14 pm
bedwetter2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Contrast

with

Doesn't matter. The two are directly quoted, so are first hand sources. I thought you might have grasped that. Ah well.

Oh but it does matter because, you see, whilst what Macron has said in public does not amount to a vendetta one of his earlier statements captured in an interview whilst in London very much alluded to wishing to punish the UK. France on it's own cannot do that of course, it has to go through the EU and that influence is what has emboldened idiots like Barnier, Juncker and the tw*t with the bad teeth.

Oh, and by the way, articles in newspapers can include direct quotes you know.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:36 pm

bedwetter2 wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:24 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:14 pm
bedwetter2 wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:
bedwetter2 wrote:

Contrast

with

Oh but it does matter because, you see, whilst what Macron has said in public does not amount to a vendetta one of his earlier statements captured in an interview whilst in London very much alluded to wishing to punish the UK. France on it's own cannot do that of course, it has to go through the EU and that influence is what has emboldened idiots like Barnier, Juncker and the tw*t with the bad teeth.

Oh, and by the way, articles in newspapers can include direct quotes you know.
I'd say what he says in his official role as French President is of the highest importance.

I haven't seen a direct quote where he says he wants to punish the UK. So perhaps you could show me. I've seen him say that leaving the EU cannot be seen as a soft and easy option. However, that makes sense. If you want the EU to survive you don't want to give great terms to bailers. I mean that is logic and sense. Far less vitriol than May's statement about tax havens, for example.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Strange bwfci how you don't quote the Prancing Prince from the article in the Guardian when his absolute Europhile tendencies surface.
Next stage, the won't ever happen 'Federal United States of Europe'.
He comes up short in many areas. :mrgreen:

Then you get this fella who thinks he is a head of state and everyone should turn out to doff caps to him.

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/fur ... ailsignout

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:19 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:24 am
I would consider it, what with the convergent paths of our economies, but why would I need to when you're going to create a socialist paradise over here and renationalise everything?
Hey, I've always held the position power and water should be in the hands of the state along with defence and in the case of the UK at least, health.

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:26 pm

Believe it or not, most developed countries have a form of universal health care. Including most of Europe.

This of course depends on the definition of developed. I don't consider the US to be developed by so many parameters, so perhaps I could just say all?

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:00 pm
TANGODANCER wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:54 am
That is nothing on the Daily Express who wrote a story last week saying "Diana: Psychic tells us she would have voted for Brexit".

The sort of claptrap our media reports is a huge national embarrassment. The fact that people buy it, even worse.
Doesn't say much about our nation and it's people, not much that is good anyhow.
I read Jane Austen and Lee Child, Omar Khayyam and The Bible (amongst many others) ; doesn't mean I want to read by candlelight, be a priest or Philosopher or pick a fight with six blokes. Wife likes the Sun puzzle pages, her privelage. You read what you will, what you believe is entirely different ( mostly). Why, I even read your posts, believe it or not.. :wink:
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:26 pm

Lord Kangana wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:26 pm
Believe it or not, most developed countries have a form of universal health care. Including most of Europe.

This of course depends on the definition of developed. I don't consider the US to be developed by so many parameters, so perhaps I could just say all?
:D seems we are closer on some things.
Anything that is of strategic value to a state and it's people should be controlled by it's government, even if you allow limited private share holdings in such, the government should always hold the controlling stake and not one that can be dragged through any court.
(I must confess here, I do not hold the railways in this category and feel government cash should not be poured in)

Lord Kangana
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lord Kangana » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:46 pm

Interestingly, we pay more for our railways now, under private ownership, than we ever did when they were publically owned.

The incentive to invest in public good doesn't exist within the private sector, it invests for profit (quite rightly). The problem is, railways have a far greater weighting towards public good than profitability, so I'm in favour of us either getting rid of them completely or stopping the tsunami of money that flows to the operating companies.