The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:08 am

boltonboris wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:24 pm
Getting weird on here. Such Partisan thinking that you refuse to condemn somebody who doesn't want 'up-skirting'
What's weird about shooting them?

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:19 am

UN human rights council now UN next, about time we stopped some of these little compo seeking, people exporting, third world countries calling the shots.
#Trump. :D

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am

Insano...^^

To remind. This was the post from Spots, word for word in full, without the benefit of any opinions, commenting on the topic of an M.P objecting to a vote/law being rushed through in a manner not as laid down by the government itself: That is a fact, not an opinion:
Quote:
"Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation. This time upskirting fails to become law[/b] and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives". !!!"

He then added his view, quote:

"It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life. unquote

We obviously read it differently no matter how many times you screech "No, no, no!" . I am not defending the poster, just giving my view on his point, which wasn't, as you so blandly suggest, trivialising taking indecent photographs, stating his true attitude to women (a married man with a wife) or with the intent of inciting others. That's just your personal take and still missing the main point of it all which was political and governmental mis-practise. .
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:26 am
Insano...^^

To remind. This was the post from Spots, word for word in full, without the benefit of any opinions, commenting on the topic of an M.P objecting to a vote/law being rushed through in a manner not as laid down by the government itself: That is a fact, not an opinion:
Quote:
"Yet more political hysterical nonsense from the metoo generation. This time upskirting fails to become law[/b] and fragile tosspots begin screaming about politicians "playing with people's lives". !!!"

"It's a photo up your skirt love. Unless your pudenda is instantly recognised by your community, it could be anybody's slot. Get a fxcking life. unquote

We obviously read it differently no matter how many times you screech "No, no, no!" . I am not defending the poster, just giving my view on his point, which wasn't, as you so blandly suggest, trivialising taking indecent photographs, stating his true attitude to women (a married man with a wife) or with the intent of inciting others. That's just your personal take and still missing the main point of it all which was political and governmental mis-practise. .
Ok, take the last line. What do you think that means? It isn't a personal take. Either you think that is appropriate or you think it isn't.

It isn't even an interpretation. That last line he's written directly says "its a photo up your skirt, its nothing". That is literally what he says. It literally states that is "no big deal" because the photo is "not identifiable".

That is what he's written. Do you think that is acceptable? Do you think telling victims of such practices to "get a life" is acceptable?

That is what he's written. There isn't an alternative interpretation for that sentence.

TANGODANCER
Immortal
Immortal
Location: Between the Regency and the Rubaiyat and forever trying to light penny candles from stars.

Post by TANGODANCER » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:43 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Insano...^^

Quote:

Ok, take the last line. What do you think that means? It isn't a personal take. Either you think that is appropriate or you think it isn't.

It isn't even an interpretation. That last line he's written directly says "its a photo up your skirt, its nothing". That is literally what he says. It literally states that is "no big deal" because the photo is "not identifiable".

That is what he's written. Do you think that is acceptable? Do you think telling victims of such practices to "get a life" is acceptable?

That is what he's written. There isn't an alternative interpretation for that sentence.
I bow to your superior opinion. I have nothing to prove here, and I didn't write the post. See is as you will.
Si Deus pro nobis, quis contra nos?

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am

TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Insano...^^

Quote:

I bow to your superior opinion. I have nothing to prove here, and I didn't write the post. See is as you will.
Its not an opinion. I'm only quoting what he wrote. I'm asking you, whether you think that line in your opinion is appropriate or not? It only requires a yes or no answer - with some reasoning if you wish.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:12 pm

Jeremy Hunt!!!!

May really has lost the fcuking plot.

Disliked by a fair few Tories because of bad press, dispised by many in the middle and all on the left, her advisers really are incompetent or closet Marxists.
Lurch to left, joker to the right here you are stuck in the middle with me. :hang:

Merkel Muppet. (Puppet was too kind).

malcd1
Passionate
Passionate

Post by malcd1 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Hunt has been very loyal to May. It is not what you know but who you know.
Do not trust atoms. They make up everything.

Abdoulaye's Twin
Legend
Legend

Post by Abdoulaye's Twin » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:41 am

I thought Hunt insisted he needed to stay as Health Sec with an increased brief to see through fecking up these difficult times in the NHS? Full o'shite the lot of them :roll:

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:55 am

He's a tosser but she's not exactly blessed with options now tweedles dee and dum have finished playing.

What a pair of dickheads they are.

And, and, it's all our fault too!
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Beefheart
Passionate
Passionate

Post by Beefheart » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 am

Winning the World Cup would give May the perfect opportunity to just quietly cancel Brexit. Nobody would notice, or care.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:14 am

Beefheart wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:12 am
Winning the World Cup would give May the perfect opportunity to just quietly cancel Brexit. Nobody would notice, or care.
She's already done that in effect!

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:31 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:03 am
TANGODANCER wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:56 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
TANGODANCER wrote:
Insano...^^

Quote:

Its not an opinion. I'm only quoting what he wrote. I'm asking you, whether you think that line in your opinion is appropriate or not? It only requires a yes or no answer - with some reasoning if you wish.
Wow!
Ok four things.
1. Tango and Monty, thank you for having an open mind and for reading a post without instantly categorising it but instead analysing it.
2. Dr Hotdog. Fxck you too. xxx.
3. As there is no football at the moment (and yes, I'm classifying the World Cup in that category), it's taken me a while to notice the above exchange.
and 4. [Deep breath] I used the language I did in the last section just to piss you Mr BWFC-i off, because you are a self-centred, opinionated, clique-minded wanker who dismisses every other opinion apart from your own as wrong-minded, moronic, evil nonsense.
Anybody with any analytical ability whatsoever (which excludes you [BWFC-i] and Dr Hotdog) would see that the critical critique behind the post was the reaction behind the result being PLAYING WITH PEOPLE'S LIVES. Is it fxck, you moronic metoo tossers.
4a. Do I personally go out taking photographs up women's skirts - No.
Do I know anybody who does - No.
Would it upset me if a photograph of my wife's vulva was posted on Snapchat ( for instance) - Yes.
But, I ask: How do I know it's my wife's vulva? - Probably I won't.
Am I in favour of a law that prohibits up-skirting - Yes.
But, if it ain't passed, IS IT DESTROYING PEOPLE'S LIVES - NO IT FXXXING IS NOT.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:01 am

WALLACE: You say nothing happened to you, but I need to ask you, domestically - not internationally, domestically, inside Russia - why is it that so many of the people that oppose Vladimir Putin end up dead or close to it?

Former Russian spy and double-agent Sergei Skripal, the victim of a nerve agent attack in England. Boris Nemtsov, a political opponent, gunned down near the Kremlin. Investigative reporter Anna Politkovskaya, murdered in an apartment building. Why is it that so many people who were political enemies of Vladimir Putin are attacked?

PUTIN: Well, first of all, all of us have plenty of political rivals. I'm pretty sure President Trump has plenty of political rivals.

WALLACE: But they don't end up dead.

PUTIN: Well, not always - well, haven't Presidents been killed in the United States?
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:19 pm

Whether or not that Salih Khater was motivated by Islamic State or not, it is unacceptable that somebody who spent two years working in Libya before landing here and claiming asylum, was granted British citizenship and then his first fxcking act was to apply for a visa to go back to the fxcking country he had 'supposedly fled [Sudan]'.
Any fxcker claiming asylum from a specific country should be banned from going back to that specific country.

They're taking the fxcking piss!
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:12 pm

Now that I've turned up to the wrong venue I've settled in for a coffee and Full English at one of my favourite cafes in the universe. Sat reading the 'paper I note on page 21 that the murder rate in London is set to be double (200%, 170v85, twice as many deaths) than in the ever so distant past of 2014. Indeed the murder rate has been elevated well above and beyond, every single year (i.e. 2015, 2016, 2017 and this year) since 2014.
I seem to recall somebody on here, with a name starting with P and ending with ock, claiming that things were better than Ever Before In The Entire History Of Crime.
I don't think so.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:34 pm

Interestingly now a no deal break with the EU is very much on the cards, Mr gobby and his henchmen from the federalist wing are clearly receiving instructions from their German masters to cut a "unique deal'. It would appear the arrogant tiny French president is now talking about restructured relations within the EU.
Just shows you should never listen to the panic fannies bent over, trousers round ankles and vasline to hand, need their Nanny type remainers.

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:01 pm

Inclined to concur.

Mind you, I'd want the Feds bent over taking a length before I'd sign anything.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm sick to death of hearing this bullshit trope that the EU has secured peace in Europe.
The EU has been in existence for just twenty six years.
The Soviet Union was in existence for seventy three years.
Neither achieved peace in Europe.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:52 am

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:29 pm
I'm sick to death of hearing this bullshit trope that the EU has secured peace in Europe.
The EU has been in existence for just twenty six years.
The Soviet Union was in existence for seventy three years.
Neither achieved peace in Europe.
You see Spots, it was the EU, by their account, that brought peace in the former Yugoslavia and that's what they keep banging on about, now't to do with the US and NATO like it was the EU what did it.