The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
41%
Conservatives
38%
Liberal Democrats
6%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
No votes
Green Party
9%
Plaid Cymru
No votes
Other
3%
Planet Hobo
3%

Total votes: 32

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:27 pm
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pet-travel- ... ter-brexit

This sets out very clearly the practical situation for pet travel if there is no deal.

Basically you will require a rabies vaccination, a blood test from an EU approved testing lab proving set vaccine has worked, a health certificate from your vet no more than 10 days before intended travel.
All of which are covered if you have a pet passport, and are current on vaccines. It is even more onerous to get your dog (for example) back into the UK, as you have to have your dog wormed between 5 and 1 day of travel inward, with specific and definite proof in the pet passport from a registered vet abroad...

Look, (despite Prufrock's claim to the contrary) some of us know this shit because we've actually encountered it.
For example I took my dog with me when I drove from home two years ago via France (Eurotunnel), Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, ferry, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Kaliningrad, Poland, Germany, Luxembourg, France, England.
I had more trouble with my visa (organised well in advance) to drive from Lithuania to Poland than I did taking my dog in and out of the EU and UK during the six times that happened during my trip.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:10 pm

Let me distil this argument:
Why the fxck, as a previous customer who has taken their dog into and out of the Schengen zone with Eurotunnel's knowledge, should they, Eurotunnel, warn me by personal text about checking whether "I could still take my dog into Europe as a result of a no deal Brexit"?
1. Because they worry that I don't understand, despite having travelled with them on more than fifty occasions, what a dog is?
2. Because whoever is in charge of text messages is a committed Remainer?
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:13 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 2:43 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:

This sets out very clearly the practical situation for pet travel if there is no deal.

Basically you will require a rabies vaccination, a blood test from an EU approved testing lab proving set vaccine has worked, a health certificate from your vet no more than 10 days before intended travel.
All of which are covered if you have a pet passport, and are current on vaccines. It is even more onerous to get your dog (for example) back into the UK, as you have to have your dog wormed between 5 and 1 day of travel inward, with specific and definite proof in the pet passport from a registered vet abroad...

Look, (despite Prufrock's claim to the contrary) some of us know this shit because we've actually encountered it.
For example I took my dog with me when I drove from home two years ago via France (Eurotunnel), Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, ferry, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Kaliningrad, Poland, Germany, Luxembourg, France, England.
I had more trouble with my visa (organised well in advance) to drive from Lithuania to Poland than I did taking my dog in and out of the EU and UK during the six times that happened during my trip.
Note that it says....."If there’s no deal, pet passports issued in the UK would not be valid for travel to the EU."

So if there is no deal. For your first visit you will be required to get the vaccine and blood test etc...

Subsequent visits will only require the health certificate up to 10 days before travel.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:13 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Note that it says....."If there’s no deal, pet passports issued in the UK would not be valid for travel to the EU."

So if there is no deal. For your first visit you will be required to get the vaccine and blood test etc...

Subsequent visits will only require the health certificate up to 10 days before travel.
Strangely enough, Pet Passports are required for inward travel to the UK. That are not required for outward travel to the EU.
The basics for acquiring a pet passport are the same requirements for having a dog travel inward to the EU from a third country...

How many times do I have to repeat the same fxcking thing before you or others get the drift???? THERE IS NO MORE ONEROUS PROCEDURE TO GET YOUR PET TO THE FXCKING CONTINENT AND BACK THAN ALREADY EXISTS. IT WILL NOT, REPEAT NOT, BECOME ANY MORE DIFFICULT IF WE CRASH OUT OF THE FXCKING EUROPEAN UNION WITH IN A NO DEAL SCENARIO...

Even now, as an EU member state you still have to get your fxcking dog vaccinated against rabies. The blood test is automated through the vaccine regime. None of that will alter. A blood test is already required if your dog has travelled outside the Schengen zone. That will not be altered.
A health certificate is no more onerous than the working regime. In fact it's considerably easier as it can take place between 10 and 1 days, not the 5and 1 as is current. The worm in regime also incorporates the HEALTH CERTIFICATE.

Therfore, it will actually be EASIER to get your dog back home.

JESUS FXCKIN H feck* CHRIST
Last edited by Lost Leopard Spot on Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:35 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:30 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:13 pm
Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
BWFC_Insane wrote:

Strangely enough, Pet Passports are required for inward travel to the UK. That are not required for outward travel to the EU.
The basics for acquiring a pet passport are the same requirements for having a dog travel inward to the EU from a third country...

How many times do I have to repeat the same fxcking thing before you or others get the drift???? THERE IS NO MORE ONEROUS PROCEDURE TO GET YOUR PET TO THE FXCKING CONTINENT AND BACK THAN ALREADY EXISTS. IT WILL NOT, REPEAT NOT, BECOME ANY MORE DIFFICULT IF WE CRASH OUT OF THE FXCKING EUROPEAN UNION WITH IN A NO DEAL SCENARIO...
I'm not saying otherwise. I'm merely pointing out, precisely what the practical situation will be. It is in black and white and laid out at that link I shared.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:56 pm

F*ck me, can we just bomb the f*ckin internet?
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Harry Genshaw
Legend
Legend

Post by Harry Genshaw » Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:27 pm

So if you always left the UK with the dog and with the intention of coming home with him again, then there's no change to you.

However, post brexit, you'll need to produce to the French/Belgians etc documents that previously only the UK requested.

There's been lots of project fear banded about but I don't think this is an example of it Spotty
"Get your feet off the furniture you Oxbridge tw*t. You're not on a feckin punt now you know"

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Prufrock » Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:54 pm

And they're not the same docs.
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:50 pm

Prufrock wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:54 pm
And they're not the same docs.
The rabies vaccination is the same rabies vaccination.
The titration test is the same titration test.
The veterinarian declaration is the same veterinarian declaration.
The microchip is the same microchip.
The Health Certificate is the same Health Certificate.
All the time scales for first vaccination, microchip, titration, health check and vet declaration are the same or better.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:13 am

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:56 pm
F*ck me, can we just bomb the f*ckin internet?
Bit difficult at the moment the planes are busy elsewhere but we will get back to you with some sort of cock up solution in about 2 years or so, I presume that will do? Please do remember there will be some bleeding hearts in opposition who need spoon feeding daily social media and hanging on the teat of Facebook/twitter, sort of like remoaners actually who will object to anything except having their ass wiped.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:27 am

The EU's negotiator Michel Barnier insisted MPs must 'take responsibility' and vote the deal today.

Never stop to wonder why I like others voted out? A frog telling our democratic,independent, elected Parliament how they 'must' vote.

Liar May has sold us all out in the name of a few fat cat business leaders, bring on a general election, watching the Corbynista party mauling these leeches will be hilarious.

Not since my youth have I ever considered voting Labour, I am now.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:50 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:27 am
The EU's negotiator Michel Barnier insisted MPs must 'take responsibility' and vote the deal today.

Never stop to wonder why I like others voted out? A frog telling our democratic,independent, elected Parliament how they 'must' vote.

Liar May has sold us all out in the name of a few fat cat business leaders, bring on a general election, watching the Corbynista party mauling these leeches will be hilarious.

Are you bollocks. Even I won't vote for that shower anymore until their leadership changes. Vote Labour to be inside/outside/hard out/hard in/customs union/EEA/second referendum/general election....whatever random policy they invent tomorrow.....

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Hoboh » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:54 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:50 am
Hoboh wrote:

Are you bollocks. Even I won't vote for that shower anymore until their leadership changes. Vote Labour to be inside/outside/hard out/hard in/customs union/EEA/second referendum/general election....whatever random policy they invent tomorrow.....
Trust me I am bloody serious about it, the Tory remainers are concerned only about their chums cash flow and will sell their grandma to protect them, at least Corbyn will mess up so much we will actually Brexit.
I would not pee on May if she caught fire.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:22 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:54 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:50 am
Hoboh wrote:

Trust me I am bloody serious about it, the Tory remainers are concerned only about their chums cash flow and will sell their grandma to protect them, at least Corbyn will mess up so much we will actually Brexit.
I would not pee on May if she caught fire.
I get that - and deep down Corbyn wants out far more than May. But I wouldn't vote either Labour or Tory now. Both are a disgrace currently. Both trying to hedge their bets.

Tories might get rid of May before any GE - though they seem really short on viable candidates. Same with Labour.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal

Post by boltonboris » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm

"Short of viable candidates"

I'd say "complete absence of viable candidates" applies to the Tories - Not so much Labour, who have a few, but due to the current thirst for extreme leftism the viable ones won't be on the table
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:27 pm

boltonboris wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm

I'd say "complete absence of viable candidates" applies to the Tories - Not so much Labour, who have a few, but due to the current thirst for extreme leftism the viable ones won't be on the table
I'd probably say there are more viable Tory leaders given as you say they aren't hamstrung by their leadership selection process as much.

Frankly there aren't good options in either party.

It comes to something when you look at Vince Cable and think - "Christ he's dull but hes a billion times better than the other two".

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:17 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:27 pm
boltonboris wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm

I'd probably say there are more viable Tory leaders given as you say they aren't hamstrung by their leadership selection process as much.

Frankly there aren't good options in either party.

It comes to something when you look at Vince Cable and think - "Christ he's dull but hes a billion times better than the other two".
Most students wouldn't agree. Even the leaders of the Green party are pretty damned turgid. I doubt even the most swivel-eyed of SNP supporters could argue that Sturgeon would make a better MP and a potential PM.
I think we can say that there are absolutely zero good options in any political party in the UK right now to make being PM a success. We're stuck with a cast of 650+ fourth division politicians, some of whom shouldn't even be allowed into the political non-league ranks.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Enoch
Icon
Icon

Post by Enoch » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:57 pm

To paraphrase Mencken:

As democracy develops high office will represent ever closer the muddled opinions of the people. At some point the people's vote will achieve it's wish and Downing Street will be adorned by a downright moron.

Lost Leopard Spot
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Lost Leopard Spot » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 pm

Enoch wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:57 pm
To paraphrase Mencken:

As democracy develops high office will represent ever closer the muddled opinions of the people. At some point the people's vote will achieve it's wish and Downing Street will be adorned by a downright moron.
Well, we've already recently been given an idiot (Cameron), and are now suffering an imbecile (May), so the next step downwards almost certainly features a moron.
That's not a leopard!
頑張ってください

Montreal Wanderer
Immortal
Immortal

Post by Montreal Wanderer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:30 pm

Lost Leopard Spot wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:05 pm
Enoch wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:57 pm
To paraphrase Mencken:

Well, we've already recently been given an idiot (Cameron), and are now suffering an imbecile (May), so the next step downwards almost certainly features a moron.
Well, they are clearly becoming more intelligent if I understand the definitions correctly.

Idiot, imbecile, and moron were, not so long ago, used in a psychological classification system, and each one was assigned to a fairly specific range of abilities.

Idiots.—Those so defective that the mental development never exceeds that or a normal child of about two years.
Imbeciles.—Those whose development is higher than that of an idiot, but whose intelligence does not exceed that of a normal child of about seven years.
Morons.—Those whose mental development is above that of an imbecile, but does not exceed that of a normal child of about twelve years.
"If you cannot answer a man's argument, all it not lost; you can still call him vile names. " Elbert Hubbard.