The Politics Thread

If you have a life outside of BWFC, then this is the place to tell us all about your toilet habits, and those bizarre fetishes.......

Moderator: Zulus Thousand of em

Post Reply

Who will you be voting for?

Labour
12
40%
Conservatives
11
37%
Liberal Democrats
2
7%
UK Independence Party (UKIP)
0
No votes
Green Party
3
10%
Plaid Cymru
0
No votes
Other
1
3%
Planet Hobo
1
3%
 
Total votes: 30

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:43 pm

I see pixie balls is about to chuckka in the towel for the leadership, come on Diane where are You, surely the two left foot shoes won't stop you standing? We need a laugh to start off 2020.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by boltonboris » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:03 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:32 pm
Wera Hobhouse, the Liberal Democrat MP for Bath, said: “With so many flood warnings in place across the UK, hundreds of families are facing the awful prospect of being forced out of their homes over the Christmas period.

“The fact that, once again, the prime minister isn’t even planning to visit flood-hit communities says it all. This is a man who is perfectly comfortable weathering the storm from the comfort of his own home, rather than confronting the grim reality that hundreds of people across the UK are having to deal with.
Oh Wera apart from using up valuable time of the emergency services and getting in the way, just what do you expect the PM to do, drain the water away?
Half the bloody country is flooded, heavy rain and towns sprouting up on flood plains, so the PM can turn up and cure it?
What are you doing for the electorate instead of moaning in the Guardian about Boris?
I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that they're merely pointing out the truth, in that Boris genuinely doesn't give a f*ck about people
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:10 am

boltonboris wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:03 am
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:32 pm
Wera Hobhouse, the Liberal Democrat MP for Bath, said: “With so many flood warnings in place across the UK, hundreds of families are facing the awful prospect of being forced out of their homes over the Christmas period.

“The fact that, once again, the prime minister isn’t even planning to visit flood-hit communities says it all. This is a man who is perfectly comfortable weathering the storm from the comfort of his own home, rather than confronting the grim reality that hundreds of people across the UK are having to deal with.
Oh Wera apart from using up valuable time of the emergency services and getting in the way, just what do you expect the PM to do, drain the water away?
Half the bloody country is flooded, heavy rain and towns sprouting up on flood plains, so the PM can turn up and cure it?
What are you doing for the electorate instead of moaning in the Guardian about Boris?
I don't think it's a stretch to suggest that they're merely pointing out the truth, in that Boris genuinely doesn't give a f*ck about people
I don't think it's any stretch of the imagination to say a loser limp dem is merely trying to show she does exist and is not a doorstop at parliament. Seriously wtf does she expect? The water to receede if Boris turned up? I agree something needs to be done like clamping down and what land can be built on but then you'd need less population.

boltonboris
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12994
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:27 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by boltonboris » Fri Jan 03, 2020 10:58 am

I just think it shows a little bit of humanity for a national leader to visit an area where people have lost everything through no fault of their own.

It's right that he's called out for it. He's a horrible human being. We should never forget that
"I've got the ball now. It's a bit worn, but I've got it"

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 am

Speaking of horrible people #deludedJessPhilips reckons the government and Trump would be scared of her because she has 340000 followers on Twitter :lol:

Bruce Rioja
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 35901
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:19 pm
Location: Drifting into the arena of the unwell.

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Bruce Rioja » Sat Jan 04, 2020 1:55 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 7:18 am
Speaking of horrible people #deludedJessPhilips reckons the government and Trump would be scared of her because she has 340000 followers on Twitter :lol:
Oh well, that makes Katy Perry the Imperial Overlord of the Galaxy then. :)
May the bridges I burn light your way

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23383
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:43 am

Cockend takes out Iran's number two and complete silence from Hobes. Unbelievable.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am

So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25987
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am

Hoboh wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am
So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something very very drastic needs to happen.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:33 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am
So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something very very drastic needs to happen.
There is absolutely no doubt the climate is changing, always has done, the big disagreement comes were some are quite happy to blame humans for it or for accelerating it.
Being no humans were about last time the planet went through change and the fact many of those human blamers are making good livings and self importance out of their preaching, you can be forgiven for being slightly sceptical, no?
One major problem with humans and no one will acknowledge it is the sheer number of people on this plant and growing rapidly is that it requires more and more resources which would be better directed to how we cope with the changing planet, cannot have it both ways.
Do you seriously think giving up cars, culling all the methane producing cows and returning to caves will stop what's happening with the climate? I don't, I regard climate change activists the same as the migrant movers, the me, me me soul cleansers.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25987
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:43 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am
So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something very very drastic needs to happen.
There is absolutely no doubt the climate is changing, always has done, the big disagreement comes were some are quite happy to blame humans for it or for accelerating it.
Being no humans were about last time the planet went through change and the fact many of those human blamers are making good livings and self importance out of their preaching, you can be forgiven for being slightly sceptical, no?
One major problem with humans and no one will acknowledge it is the sheer number of people on this plant and growing rapidly is that it requires more and more resources which would be better directed to how we cope with the changing planet, cannot have it both ways.
Do you seriously think giving up cars, culling all the methane producing cows and returning to caves will stop what's happening with the climate? I don't, I regard climate change activists the same as the migrant movers, the me, me me soul cleansers.
What serious scientific body has any evidence that suggests climate change isn't actually accelerated by CO2 production? Even the most extremist politicans now seem to accept the overwhelming body of evidence. Its irrefutable now. People disagree about what to do about it. But I think the argument about cause went several years ago. Even the Daily Mail seemed to give that nonsense up.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 pm

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:43 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am
So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something very very drastic needs to happen.
There is absolutely no doubt the climate is changing, always has done, the big disagreement comes were some are quite happy to blame humans for it or for accelerating it.
Being no humans were about last time the planet went through change and the fact many of those human blamers are making good livings and self importance out of their preaching, you can be forgiven for being slightly sceptical, no?
One major problem with humans and no one will acknowledge it is the sheer number of people on this plant and growing rapidly is that it requires more and more resources which would be better directed to how we cope with the changing planet, cannot have it both ways.
Do you seriously think giving up cars, culling all the methane producing cows and returning to caves will stop what's happening with the climate? I don't, I regard climate change activists the same as the migrant movers, the me, me me soul cleansers.
What serious scientific body has any evidence that suggests climate change isn't actually accelerated by CO2 production? Even the most extremist politicans now seem to accept the overwhelming body of evidence. Its irrefutable now. People disagree about what to do about it. But I think the argument about cause went several years ago. Even the Daily Mail seemed to give that nonsense up.
Over population and the need to feed, chopping down forests for furniture, palm oil, rubber plantation industries and chuck together housing plus vast coal fired power stations in China, India, the computer and phone you use etc.are responsible for the CO2 that you worry over, but hey lets pick on someones car.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:16 pm

I really do hope the labour party are more sensible than to elect Wrong-Daily and no brainer Rayner.
Before anyone says why, does it worry you, yes it bloody does we need a decent opposition not a pack of morons.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25987
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:50 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:43 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am
So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something very very drastic needs to happen.
There is absolutely no doubt the climate is changing, always has done, the big disagreement comes were some are quite happy to blame humans for it or for accelerating it.
Being no humans were about last time the planet went through change and the fact many of those human blamers are making good livings and self importance out of their preaching, you can be forgiven for being slightly sceptical, no?
One major problem with humans and no one will acknowledge it is the sheer number of people on this plant and growing rapidly is that it requires more and more resources which would be better directed to how we cope with the changing planet, cannot have it both ways.
Do you seriously think giving up cars, culling all the methane producing cows and returning to caves will stop what's happening with the climate? I don't, I regard climate change activists the same as the migrant movers, the me, me me soul cleansers.
What serious scientific body has any evidence that suggests climate change isn't actually accelerated by CO2 production? Even the most extremist politicans now seem to accept the overwhelming body of evidence. Its irrefutable now. People disagree about what to do about it. But I think the argument about cause went several years ago. Even the Daily Mail seemed to give that nonsense up.
Over population and the need to feed, chopping down forests for furniture, palm oil, rubber plantation industries and chuck together housing plus vast coal fired power stations in China, India, the computer and phone you use etc.are responsible for the CO2 that you worry over, but hey lets pick on someones car.
I'm not advocating picking on anyone's car. But we're at an alarming point of no return - and need to tackle it globally.

The only realistic way it can be dealt with is major change all round. With electric cars for example we can already see tech developing solutions but they only go so far.

Action will need to be individual and global.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25987
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:55 am

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:16 pm
I really do hope the labour party are more sensible than to elect Wrong-Daily and no brainer Rayner.
Before anyone says why, does it worry you, yes it bloody does we need a decent opposition not a pack of morons.
Agree on RLB - she will likely win because the momentum morons will back her.

Whilst I agree that Rayner is wholly unsuitable as leader - she's not thick - and her story is quite impressive.

But yes they need a good leader to offer effective opposition now more than ever. I have no faith that momentum will allow a proper contest though.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:09 am

BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:50 am
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:43 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am
So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something very very drastic needs to happen.
There is absolutely no doubt the climate is changing, always has done, the big disagreement comes were some are quite happy to blame humans for it or for accelerating it.
Being no humans were about last time the planet went through change and the fact many of those human blamers are making good livings and self importance out of their preaching, you can be forgiven for being slightly sceptical, no?
One major problem with humans and no one will acknowledge it is the sheer number of people on this plant and growing rapidly is that it requires more and more resources which would be better directed to how we cope with the changing planet, cannot have it both ways.
Do you seriously think giving up cars, culling all the methane producing cows and returning to caves will stop what's happening with the climate? I don't, I regard climate change activists the same as the migrant movers, the me, me me soul cleansers.
What serious scientific body has any evidence that suggests climate change isn't actually accelerated by CO2 production? Even the most extremist politicans now seem to accept the overwhelming body of evidence. Its irrefutable now. People disagree about what to do about it. But I think the argument about cause went several years ago. Even the Daily Mail seemed to give that nonsense up.
Over population and the need to feed, chopping down forests for furniture, palm oil, rubber plantation industries and chuck together housing plus vast coal fired power stations in China, India, the computer and phone you use etc.are responsible for the CO2 that you worry over, but hey lets pick on someones car.
I'm not advocating picking on anyone's car. But we're at an alarming point of no return - and need to tackle it globally.

The only realistic way it can be dealt with is major change all round. With electric cars for example we can already see tech developing solutions but they only go so far.

Action will need to be individual and global.
BWFC-i why skip over the real truth of what I posted? Extinction rebellion and the Gretas of this world all aim at soft pretty irrelevant targets, not the real reason for excess Co2.

BWFC_Insane
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 25987
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 4:07 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by BWFC_Insane » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:43 am

Hoboh wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:09 am
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:50 am
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:11 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:43 pm
Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:33 pm
BWFC_Insane wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:51 am
Hoboh wrote:
Sun Jan 05, 2020 10:01 am
So it seems the greenie and scum Rebellion are going down the route of the wailing remainers, convincing their-selves that the UK public is willing to give up cars, travel and their life style in the name of climate change. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Something very very drastic needs to happen.
There is absolutely no doubt the climate is changing, always has done, the big disagreement comes were some are quite happy to blame humans for it or for accelerating it.
Being no humans were about last time the planet went through change and the fact many of those human blamers are making good livings and self importance out of their preaching, you can be forgiven for being slightly sceptical, no?
One major problem with humans and no one will acknowledge it is the sheer number of people on this plant and growing rapidly is that it requires more and more resources which would be better directed to how we cope with the changing planet, cannot have it both ways.
Do you seriously think giving up cars, culling all the methane producing cows and returning to caves will stop what's happening with the climate? I don't, I regard climate change activists the same as the migrant movers, the me, me me soul cleansers.
What serious scientific body has any evidence that suggests climate change isn't actually accelerated by CO2 production? Even the most extremist politicans now seem to accept the overwhelming body of evidence. Its irrefutable now. People disagree about what to do about it. But I think the argument about cause went several years ago. Even the Daily Mail seemed to give that nonsense up.
Over population and the need to feed, chopping down forests for furniture, palm oil, rubber plantation industries and chuck together housing plus vast coal fired power stations in China, India, the computer and phone you use etc.are responsible for the CO2 that you worry over, but hey lets pick on someones car.
I'm not advocating picking on anyone's car. But we're at an alarming point of no return - and need to tackle it globally.

The only realistic way it can be dealt with is major change all round. With electric cars for example we can already see tech developing solutions but they only go so far.

Action will need to be individual and global.
BWFC-i why skip over the real truth of what I posted? Extinction rebellion and the Gretas of this world all aim at soft pretty irrelevant targets, not the real reason for excess Co2.
There are an absolute load of reasons. The fact is that you can't sit there and say "ah well no point doing anything cos China are producing most of it" because we're literally at the point of such extreme weather and rising average global temperature that everyone needs to pull their fingers out.

The thing has to be led by countries - everyone has to do their bit. I agree that you aren't going to tackle it on an individual scale nor by individual nation BUT if everyone just sits there and does nothing pointing fingers elsewhere then we certainly know what the future for our kids will be and it isn't pretty.

I don't think the excuse of outsourcing manufacturing to China for cheap products and then saying "its them its them" really cuts it. But regardless of that - the world has to act together, collectively to find solutions. And sadly because we've ignored it for too long some of the solutions may have to be drastic.

Hoboh
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 12862
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 8:19 am

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Hoboh » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:51 am

Rebecca Long Bailey has kicked off her bid to be Labour leader by defending Jeremy Corbyn’s legacy despite conceding that the party was not trusted at the polls on Brexit, antisemitism or economic credibility.

The shadow business secretary said Corbyn would ultimately bear responsibility for one of Labour’s worst ever defeats defeat but she said he would “go down in history” as having set out a radical raft of policies.
Not a clue, carry on.

Prufrock
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 20054
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Prufrock » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:04 am

Image
In a world that has decided
That it's going to lose its mind
Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

Worthy4England
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 23383
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 6:45 pm

Re: The Politics Thread

Post by Worthy4England » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:27 pm

Hoboh wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:16 pm
I really do hope the labour party are more sensible than to elect Wrong-Daily and no brainer Rayner.
Before anyone says why, does it worry you, yes it bloody does we need a decent opposition not a pack of morons.
Shouldn't worry you mate, it's just our democratic choice so you gotta suck it up, buttercup and absofuckinglutely no moaning.

RBL feels like a coronation to me at the minute.

Which female candidate would get your vote Hobes, from all the opposition parties?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests